Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Clickbait title! Blah, blah, wzff!

OP Ghost of Online

This is an attempt to address all the issues people seem to have with Warzone Firefight currently. (I am okay with how firefight is.)

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Everybody starts with a respawn timer of 'X' increasing by 'X' amount of seconds per death to a maximum amount of 'X' seconds.
Spongy bosses/prometheans/killed across map!
Slightly reduce enemy health, accuracy, and damage. & I mean SLIGHTLY.
Not enough reqs for round 3!?
Increase the req refill speed & shorten the time it takes to hit a new req level.
Defend objectives still hard!
Give the artifacts more health & less mobs at defend armory/garage.
Pay to win!
Have "Supply drops" of req weapons spawn for completing bonus objectives. (Gears 3 style)
Spawns?
Tweak spawns so they aren't so far away, but also not dangerous.
Teammates are too nooby! (Not skill, lacking reqs)
Match with players within a certain SR rank.
Bosses regen health? (Not watchers)
Stop it, that's not cool.
Accessing req bug.
This bug has been going on for too long. Needs squashing.
SR rank has nothing to do with how good a player is, even a noob can reach a high SR rank if they play enough and use xp boosts, just cause they have a high SR rank dose not automatically mean they are a good player
SR rank has nothing to do with how good a player is, even a noob can reach a high SR rank if they play enough and use xp boosts, just cause they have a high SR rank dose not automatically mean they are a good player
Sooooooo true
This is an attempt to address all the issues people seem to have with Warzone Firefight currently.

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Everybody starts with a respawn timer of 'X' increasing by 'X' amount of seconds per death to a maximum amount of 'X' seconds.
Increase the req refill speed & shorten the time it takes to hit a new req level.
Pay to win!
Have "Supply drops" of req weapons spawn for completing bonus objectives. (Gears 3 style)
Spawns?
Teammates are too nooby!
You might have a go here. That way the right people might listen to your suggestions. Though I disagree with quite a few of them.
Yuligma wrote:
Sooooooo true
I meant nooby as in they don't have high level req weapons/vehicles..
Not nooby in terms of skill.
You might have a go here. That way the right people might listen to your suggestions. Though I disagree with quite a few of them.
Elaborate? To be clear I am fine with how FF is now.
This is just a list of the community's issues.
Absolutely right. BUT, I will say that a player with high SR is likely to have more powerful reqs and in general that kind of experience SHOULD equate to more experience and skill overall. Even if they're a -Yoink- player they should be better if they've spent that much time on the game. If anything it's better to mix high SR players with low SR players to give every fireteam a better chance imo.
This is an attempt to address all the issues people seem to have with Warzone Firefight currently.

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Pay to win!
Spawns?
Teammates are too nooby!
Elaborate? To be clear I am fine with how FF is now.
This is just a list of the community's issues.
I think more than a slight decrease to boss attributes would be helpful. Particularly the regenerative health, it sucks to drop the mantises health to a sliver, die, and then when you respawn have it back to the way it was. Some of the bosses aren't difficult, because of the health or the damage, but simply because they spawn 3 or 4 of them when you don't have the req level to deal with one. I don't find the objective rounds particularly difficult. SR rank has nothing to do with teammate quality. The req drop thing is a bit to reminiscent of H4's faults for my taste.
Yuligma wrote:
Sooooooo true
I meant nooby as in they don't have high level req weapons/vehicles..
Not nooby in terms of skill.
that is a bit unfair, if a team go's into WZFF and all of them have only low level req cards they will get creamed as soon as they start hitting the harder boss's, for things to be fair and balanced u need high req card users paired with low level req card users so they stand a chance at winng and getting a decent amount of RP so they can get req pack to try and get high level req cards, plus some players have high level req cards but don't get a high enough req point level to use them or they chose not to use them so they can save them for a time when it will best to use them, I have high level req card but don't use them cause I have only one of them and I don't plan on wasting them just cause people think I need to I will use them when I feel that they will be best used

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Pay to win!
Spawns?
Teammates are too nooby!
I think more than a slight decrease to boss attributes would be helpful. Particularly the regenerative health, it sucks to drop the mantises health to a sliver, die, and then when you respawn have it back to the way it was. Some of the bosses aren't difficult, because of the health or the damage, but simply because they spawn 3 or 4 of them when you don't have the req level to deal with one. I don't find the objective rounds particularly difficult. SR rank has nothing to do with teammate quality. The req drop thing is a bit to reminiscent of H4's faults for my taste.
I thought those were just watchers healing them?
Also I meant SR rank so they have high level reqs.
A SR 1 could be the best player in the world but he ain't helping with a shotgun at later rounds.
that is a bit unfair, if a team go's into WZFF and all of them have only low level req cards they will get creamed as soon as they start hitting the harder boss's, for things to be fair and balanced u need high req card users paired with low level req card users so they stand a chance at winng and getting a decent amount of RP so they can get req pack to try and get high level req cards, plus some players have high level req cards but don't get a high enough req point level to use them or they chose not to use them so they can save them for a time when it will best to use them, I have high level req card but don't use them cause I have only one of them and I don't plan on wasting them just cause people think I need to I will use them when I feel that they will be best used
I guess it would be easier said than done to have the game scale difficulty based on overall SR rank.
Absolutely right. BUT, I will say that a player with high SR is likely to have more powerful reqs and in general that kind of experience SHOULD equate to more experience and skill overall. Even if they're a -Yoink- player they should be better if they've spent that much time on the game. If anything it's better to mix high SR players with low SR players to give every fireteam a better chance imo.
even if they have high level req cards they are useless unless they can get to a high enough req point level. and hey die straight or slightly after grabbing a high level card that card is then wasted, if u want to use high level req cards it is best to have enough skill to survive to actually use it. I have had games were I did not make it past req level 3 before we lost so my high level cards meant nothing

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Pay to win!
Spawns?
Teammates are too nooby!
A SR 1 could be the best player in the world but he ain't helping with a shotgun at later rounds.
No, I tend to kill those first. They regenerate health. It also doesn't help that I've had 3 games now where I was pistol and AR only due to a glitch.

Here are some ideas:

Respawn Timer!
Pay to win!
Spawns?
Teammates are too nooby!
No, I tend to kill those first. They regenerate health. It also doesn't help that I've had 3 games now where I was pistol and AR only due to a glitch.
Woah, that's one for the list.
even if they have high level req cards they are useless unless they can get to a high enough req point level. and hey die straight or slightly after grabbing a high level card that card is then wasted, if u want to use high level req cards it is best to have enough skill to survive to actually use it. I have had games were I did not make it past req level 3 before we lost so my high level cards meant nothing
You're absolutely right. The right reqs in the wrong hands are useless. I would expect/hope that high sr players would have had enough experience to improve and know how to use their high level cards in a smart efficient way. And I think it would be fair to expect that high SR players would in fact have improved and do just that. A lot depends on how we define what a high sr is too.
Still better than nothing, though
Still better than nothing, though
Exactly, a bad player would probably quit before getting to a high rank.
But again, I meant:
high SR rank= good reqs unlocked.