Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Clowns who quit

OP Whitedooom

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Just another frustrated player who sees 3-4 players quit after losing the middle base in WZ. I understand that the kids cant hang and fight it out, but AT LEAST load in more players to the team that loses them. The amount of times that I get put onto double capped teams is insane, yet I never can find randoms to fill in my teams holes when I solo q.
Yeah it's a bad problem that really hurts the community.
Yeah I see it happening a lot now in ranked SWAT. So annoying. I report em, if they're gonna waste my time I hope they get the boot. It's like they can't handle losing so they just quit out and screw everyone out of rank for that whole game. Ruins the gameplay experience for me. I wish they would still give me rank if our team wins even though the other team had one drop out. It happens so much lately.
Well, since I found out 343 disabled block/report for Matchmaking because it would be "abused", it makes no difference reporting all the -Yoink- canoes that ruin the game for others.
It just is horrible i wish that reporting someone would do something
It used to... not so much anymore
For warzone its still an issue but for ranked playlists after this reset I think they kind of fixed the problem, you still rank up now if you win a 4 on 3, or 4 on 2, and you dont derank for losing.
Agreed, it is really pathetic to give up so easily, I have been in countless matches where we won despite initially losing the middle base... then, it would help if reporting and blocking actually did anything, whereas now they're pretty much there just to make you feel better.
In another thread there was talk that stepping up to perm bans would decrease the overall population, at this point I'm of the mind that it may be for the best because the experience is no longer satisfactory.
Sev808 wrote:
In another thread there was talk that stepping up to perm bans would decrease the overall population, at this point I'm of the mind that it may be for the best because the experience is no longer satisfactory.
Decrease from what? Low to low? The game barely has a population as it is lol
Sev808 wrote:
Decrease from what? Low to low? The game barely has a population as it is lol
Right?
My Xbox turns off randomly at least twice every play session. This causes me to quit games win/lose without a choice. Sure we may be down by 20 kills but I wouldn't quit in the idle of a game unless we were down from people who have already quit. For Infinite there should be a reputation system for all players in their service records.

Legend: 0 quits
Spartan: 1-10 quits
ODST: 11-20 quits
Marine: 21-30 quits
Grunt: 30-50 quits
(some terrible name): 50+ quits

These are based off of being the first player on your team to quit.
Tell me about it, in triplicate...

It's this repeated quitter nonsense that makes me want to petition 343 (if not all other game companies in existence) to add MP filler bots or something else to help balance things out due to cowardly grunts leaving the fight before it finishes, or before it even officially starts at all at the very worst as an attempt to escape being found on the post game roster for profile complaints. Not only to Infinite and Beyond (quit your squeaking Micky Mouse, referencing isn't illegal) but also to all pre-existing and active games like MCC and 5. And don't even for the love of god get me started on AFK-ers who are not automatically forced out of the game after at least a few minutes for doing absolutely nothing and giving free points to the enemy team... UGH!!!

Quitters and AFK-ers are just TOS violators who not only have no proper commitment to stay and fight like a real soldier, but they "deliberately" give illegal advantages to the other teams that provokes the suffering team to quit out completely due to unfair balances and lack of care overall among other things, even worse when the suffers keep getting hit by the ban hammer after leaving a completely hopeless game. Savages...

It's only understandable when someone quits prematurely is when that person had a more important thing to attend to immediately, like a potty break or something, and logs off completely. But players who quit because they're losing or don't like the map/gamemode and don't log off afterwards is just utter laziness...

Balance and fairness is important. If one shows little or no care or attention to such things in anything are a-tone to the creation of something unpleasant if not repulsive...

My opinion...

EDIT: Added AFK-ers to this, same problem with them!
If a person gets multiple people reporting them for the same reason then something should definitely be done.
I've frequently noticed in ranked games now how people are quitting at the beginning of the game, and it has been always been on my team. It would be nice if people knew they couldn't finish the game, don't start searching for one. I don't like to mention temporary bans because it encourages people not to play, but for people just to be more considerate of the others in their game
Yeah, whenever I try to play ranked sayer, the moment we get to 5 points behind the other team someone on my team leaves, and that really frustrating.
My Xbox turns off randomly at least twice every play session. This causes me to quit games win/lose without a choice. Sure we may be down by 20 kills but I wouldn't quit in the idle of a game unless we were down from people who have already quit. For Infinite there should be a reputation system for all players in their service records.

If you're going to go that route, there should be something to distinguish quitting from network disconnections and/or console turn offs.
Withyn3302 wrote:

If you're going to go that route, there should be something to distinguish quitting from network disconnections and/or console turn offs.
Yeah obviously a quit while winning wasn't intentional, most of the time. It should go based off of how long it takes for the player to start a new match.
SF417 wrote:
Yeah, whenever I try to play ranked sayer, the moment we get to 5 points behind the other team someone on my team leaves, and that really frustrating.
It's very easy to determine if you're going to lose a match early in this game.
No dog here, but do you think that either they're being sore losers or they don't want to waste their WZ or Arena XP card?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3