Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Clowns who quit

OP Whitedooom

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
My Xbox turns off randomly at least twice every play session. This causes me to quit games win/lose without a choice. Sure we may be down by 20 kills but I wouldn't quit in the idle of a game unless we were down from people who have already quit. For Infinite there should be a reputation system for all players in their service records.

Legend: 0 quits
Spartan: 1-10 quits
ODST: 11-20 quits
Marine: 21-30 quits
Grunt: 30-50 quits
(some terrible name): 50+ quits

These are based off of being the first player on your team to quit.
It's gonna be impossible to not get a disconnect once in awhile let's be honest.
My Xbox turns off randomly at least twice every play session. This causes me to quit games win/lose without a choice. Sure we may be down by 20 kills but I wouldn't quit in the idle of a game unless we were down from people who have already quit. For Infinite there should be a reputation system for all players in their service records.

It's gonna be impossible to not get a disconnect once in awhile let's be honest.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
I agree. Its really dumb and it messes up games significantly. The problem with it is that the servers seem to never get new players to join in to fill in the missing spots.

It's going to be impossible for anyone to keep that Legend rank. Everybody even the best connected players get disconnected.

It's going to be impossible for anyone to keep that Legend rank. Everybody even the best connected players get disconnected.
I'm not sure if you saw but I was just discussing with someone a way to detect disconnects.

I'm not sure if you saw but I was just discussing with someone a way to detect disconnects.
Currently there are simply no proper and secure methods to detect disconnects, on purpose or not.

On topic:
The game's almost 5 year old and receives a bare minimum of support;
hence only die-hards, try-hards and mostly casual players who don't give a rat's -Yoink- about sportsmanship remained.
Not saying that the game's dead, but the majority of players which didn't leave already
aren't playing for the challenge, they're playing for fun (I know, it's a vague and subjective term).
Losing isn't fun to many people, hence they bug out if something isn't working out for them.
SMOK69KMK wrote:

Currently there are simply no proper and secure methods to detect disconnects, on purpose or not.

On topic:
hence only die-hards, try-hards and mostly casual players who don't give a rat's -Yoink- about sportsmanship remained.
Not saying that the game's dead, but the majority of players which didn't leave already
aren't playing for the challenge, they're playing for fun (I know, it's a vague and subjective term).
Losing isn't fun to many people, hence they bug out if something isn't working out for them.
Well we have until the Holidays to find a way lol. I play the game for fun and I won't quit intentionally if I know we are going to lose.
I understand the frustration with quitters, especially right after the middle base is captured by the other team... But honestly matchmaking is so broken that the games are unplayable and H5 is essentially dead because of it. Even the top pros/streamers who play ranked say how ridiculous it is. I'm talking about 50-6 games in arena. I just went on to play one game and it was 2 champions and 2 onyx's vs. 3 diamonds and 1 plat (most players were solo's and there was one duo)... I just quit playing after that. How is that enjoyable for either team?

In warzone if it's an even fight and the middle base gets captured eventually, yes you shouldn't quit on the spot. Because you know even if you lose it will be at least a competetive game (1000-600 at least). But if it's just a one sided pounding and the middle base gets captured, then your team is just getting farmed by toxic kids, then what's even the point of sticking around? Most are looking to have a fun, somewhat even game, we're not masochist's who enjoy running out into death 50 straight times then doing it over again.
SMOK69KMK wrote:

On topic:
Well we have until the Holidays to find a way lol. I play the game for fun and I won't quit intentionally if I know we are going to lose.
I wouldn't get my hopes up though, this is a problem that has been present for years, not just in H5:G.
Unfortunately, this is something the players will have to deal with once a game isn't in its prime anymore.
Like I said, this whole issue is in the first instance an issue with the behaviour of players, which is something,
what simply put can not be influenced in a major way by 343i.
I understand the frustration with quitters, especially right after the middle base is captured by the other team... But honestly matchmaking is so broken that the games are unplayable and H5 is essentially dead because of it. Even the top pros/streamers who play ranked say how ridiculous it is. I'm talking about 50-6 games in arena. I just went on to play one game and it was 2 champions and 2 onyx's vs. 3 diamonds and 1 plat (most players were solo's and there was one duo)... I just quit playing after that. How is that enjoyable for either team?

In warzone if it's an even fight and the middle base gets captured eventually, yes you shouldn't quit on the spot. Because you know even if you lose it will be at least a competetive game (1000-600 at least). But if it's just a one sided pounding and the middle base gets captured, then your team is just getting farmed by toxic kids, then what's even the point of sticking around? Most are looking to have a fun, somewhat even game, we're not masochist's who enjoy running out into death 50 straight times then doing it over again.
First off: holy crap I didn't know my late night tipsy rage would lead to a lively conversation lol!

But yes, I agree that leaving if you're getting farmed by toxic players is one thing. This post was made after a game where 4-5 players immediately quit after losing the middle base. The team and I clearly still out slayed the other team, but never got replacement teammates and lost once the reqs got high enough and we couldn't fend off them all. If they would've stayed then they would have become that much better at the game and would have won. You never learn if you constantly quit
Agreed, it is really pathetic to give up so easily, I have been in countless matches where we won despite initially losing the middle base... then, it would help if reporting and blocking actually did anything, whereas now they're pretty much there just to make you feel better.
As much as I would love to have a better player blacklisting ability that not only forbids communications but also disallows matchmaking pairings with said blacklisted players, 343 unfortunately isn't the one to complain about that, that is actually Microsoft's fault for their lack of proper community management and mistreatment protections in this case with Xbox Live. If only the "block" and "report" buttons on the Xbox's UI weren't total lies and Microsoft actually showed better care to the victims of this garbage. Blocking communications only isn't enough in online video game community toxicity control, we need more than just propaganda...343 could still take anti-quitter measurements more seriously in Halo; like MP filler bots for a start or something else that'll help the victimized teams to stand a better chance against illegal disadvantages due to quitters on their team. Also, 343 really needs to add the auto-AFK-booter from Halo 5 into MCC right now too, so many illegitimate losses due to those useless morons...

Even then, I still have my doubts that anyone in the high chair is actually listening or even caring about any of this, asides their own wallets...
Quote:
"Some creatures use the powers of others to capture their prey." ~ Samus Aran (Metroid Other M)
Quote:
"All you care about is money, this town deserves a better class of criminal..." ~ The Joker (The Dark Knight)
EDIT: Added another quitter-class complaint to this, AFK-ers who aren't auto-booted after a couple minutes and added another quote...
I just played a Slayer game under Anniversary throwback, and all 3 of my team quit on me!
2 had zero kills, so they probably never started.
the 3rd had about 10 kills, so probably quit after seeing we were losing.
I kept going, unaware they had quit, and was wondering why the game was so hard. I kill a red spartan, and I'm killed by 3 other Reds. Before my spirit finally floats away to the respawn dimension, I look around and see them leisurely walking over my body.

I did what I could, and stretched the game out until we ran out of time. they still won with 30 something
RulerOTW wrote:
I just played a Slayer game under Anniversary throwback, and all 3 of my team quit on me!
2 had zero kills, so they probably never started.
the 3rd had about 10 kills, so probably quit after seeing we were losing.
I kept going, unaware they had quit, and was wondering why the game was so hard. I kill a red spartan, and I'm killed by 3 other Reds. Before my spirit finally floats away to the respawn dimension, I look around and see them leisurely walking over my body.

I did what I could, and stretched the game out until we ran out of time. they still won with 30 something
I take that time to mess with the other team and just relax. Maybe get up for some water or a snack while the others are forced to find me over and over again! You still get your xp and req points
I agree. Its really dumb and it messes up games significantly.
The problem with it is that the servers seem to never get new players to join in to fill in the missing spots.
Exactly the problem.

lol what on earth
why would even play if that happens?
i'd get a new machine before suffering through that all the time and potentially ruining your teammate's chances constantly. yikes
Regular quitters should have the Mark Of Shame placed across their emblems.
That would be awesome for 343 to implement.
That would be awesome for 343 to implement.
Or, go in the carrot approach and reward people who do not quit with bonus XP, req points, other perks? So there is an active incentive to stay (even in a losing) game.
I've experienced this as well and I always stay in the game such a headache.

lol what on earth
why would even play if that happens?
i'd get a new machine before suffering through that all the time and potentially ruining your teammate's chances constantly. yikes
You won't have to worry about it if you don't quit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3