Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

COG assault rifle

OP Doomed Saint

Whenever I play firefight I always seems to come across someone using a COG AR is there something special about this particular AR?
The AR, no, but the COG scopes purpose is it shows the individuals HP on the side of the scope, I am not sure if it does it to vehicles though as I rarely use this Scope at all cause I consider it to be blocky & a eye sore to look through

*Quick Edit*

Yes it does display the hp of a vehicle but only when a individual is driving
being a purely firefight player in round 1 im always using a longshot AR and a COG AR. the longshot AR is simple because it has a good scope that lets me shoot well to medium range, What i like about the COG one is the scope highlighting my target, lets me get good accuracy, I feel as good as the longshot but thats just me, I dont like using the magnum and most the other AR scope options at req 1 arent worth taking
The COG AR is used since it shows enemy health and it highlights enemy weak spots with a bright red light when aiming, which helps for getting headshots and decreasing your time to kill significantly. However, the accuracy boost is only if you maintain smart-Link, but is one of the most accurate, otherwise it’s no different than the other scoped AR’s.
Pretty useless. All it does is block your vision. Likely included to appeal to fans of COD and to bloat the REQ system.
Whenever I play firefight I always seems to come across someone using a COG AR is there something special about this particular AR?
I've never used it but from the other replies I'd say it's kinda useless
The AR, no, but the COG scopes purpose is it shows the individuals HP on the side of the scope, I am not sure if it does it to vehicles though as I rarely use this Scope at all cause I consider it to be blocky & a eye sore to look through
I cant look through the thing without thinking it looks like tubberware.
The extra info about HP isn't really a great trade off for how much of the screen the COG scope blocks out imo.

I use the Hybrid AR until I can use a pistol and BR. I feel like it scopes in pretty quick, and you don't really get anything blocking your view. With how crazy some players move around, I prioritize having a clear view to track them.
I occasionally use it, it’s not the best, but I don’t mind using it. I prefer close range scopes for the ar though, because using ars at long range is not my favorite thing to do, that’s one thing that’s nice about the cog is it’s not quite the magnification of the long shot, but it’s not short range either.
i don’t see a reason to have a scope on any AR