Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Collection Rework

OP Zugget

In the collection you can see there are certain emblems that were only available in 2016. Those emblems should be removed from the collection percentage (It shouldn’t count towards getting 100% of the collection.) Rather it should still be in your collection just added into your collection as an extra. Not counting towards to 100% collection.
Example : You can unlock all the armor in the game and it would say 100% under your customization tab with a little slit in the 100% meaning to complete the full actual 100% circle, you would need the Achilles Armor.
I think if it’s part of the game then it should be in the collection.
If you missed out then you missed out. That’s just the way things go.
As for Achilles it 100% belongs in the game’s collection in its current state. Just because it’s hard to get doesn’t mean it should be removed from the collection tab and placed separately.

In the grand scheme of things a 100% collection rating is probably pretty minor in my opinion.
I tend to agree with TheDonCJG... I missed out on all the arena emblems... and now that I'm back and trying to complete everything and unlock everything before Infinite, I'm pretty bummed that I can't go back and get them. But it is what it is... I missed out on it... it's part of the collection and if you got it... awesome!!! If you didn't... well.... I don't know what to tell you...

On a purely functional note, everyeone at 343 is either working on Infinite, or MCC... so you won't be seeing any major updates or fixes to 5 anytime soon.
Are the paid skins for HCS teams counted in the collection? If they are, I think an argument could be made to exclude those from 100% completion. But aside from that, I think all of the time-limited stuff should be included.
TheDonCJG wrote:
As for Achilles it 100% belongs in the game’s collection in its current state. Just because it’s hard to get doesn’t mean it should be removed from the collection tab and placed separately.

In the grand scheme of things a 100% collection rating is probably pretty minor in my opinion.
I see your point, but they already removed a bunch of items from the collection - like the word of mouth BR skin, the Grassroots, and a bunch of other stuff.
So those aren't included in the 'collection' but the currently unobtainable 2016 season emblems are?
It just doesn't make sense to me.
AshamanND wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

I see your point, but they already removed a bunch of items from the collection - like the word of mouth BR skin, the Grassroots, and a bunch of other stuff.
So those aren't included in the 'collection' but the currently unobtainable 2016 season emblems are?
It just doesn't make sense to me.
Stuff like the Grassroots BR skin is “fairly” new. Or at least not super old.
It wasn’t included in a title update to Halo 5 so it won’t be in collections. Same with Ice & Fire Unicorn skins.
stuff can exist outside of it but it’s very select things that are given to specific players exclusively.

Achilles, 2016 Season emblems etc aren’t exclusive items and are therefore included in the standard collections as anyone could have gotten them.
They're rewarding loyalty. I missed a season somehow and it sucks, but that's the game. I also played the beta on my brother's account before it released, so I don't have the beta stuff.