Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Collectors want physical!

OP xmr happydeanx

Ok so the limited collectors edition doesn't come with a physical disc! Now as a collector I want my physical disc with all of my other Halo games! I personally have every special edition of every Halo game, and really don't want to have to buy two copies just to have a disc. 343 please add a disc to the limited collectors edition!
we need to keep this thread alive as 343 does listen, so make sure you comment here and get your voice heard!
Ok so the limited collectors edition doesn't come with a physical disc! Now as a collector I want my physical disc with all of my other Halo games! I personally have every special edition of every Halo game, and really don't want to have to buy two copies just to have a disc. 343 please add a disc to the limited collectors edition!
we need to keep this thread alive as 343 does listen, so make sure you comment here and get your voice heard!
I want the digital download. Preload, never have to worry about putting the disc in, still get all the cool collectibles.

It is actually the only reason I'm still considering this version.
I vote for a physical disc.

I've posted the math before, and 343 will lose money if they do a digital download.

I've posted the math before, and 343 will lose money if they do a digital download.
I'm going to tell you right now that 343 has already carefully considered how much money that decision could cost them and they would not have made the decision if it was going to lose them money. You do not know 343i's financials or the industry better than the people making these decisions at Microsoft Studios.

I'm going to tell you right now that 343 has already carefully considered how much money that decision could cost them and they would not have made the decision if it was going to lose them money. You do not know 343i's financials or the industry better than the people making these decisions at Microsoft Studios.
But 343 probably didn't account for downgraded/cancelled pre-orders.
I don't have official numbers about how many LCE pre-orders there are, but it'd only take 6 downgraded pre-orders (with 1000 total LCE pre-orders) before 343 started losing money.

I don't have official numbers about how many LCE pre-orders there are, but it'd only take 6 downgraded pre-orders (with 1000 total LCE pre-orders) before 343 started losing money.
I don't know where you learned math.

But downgrading an order isn't losing money when you're still selling a product.

You don't know the cost of the game therefore you cant ascertain if its a loss.

Does buying a physical copy of the collection ACTUALLY not have the disc in it? For real?

I don't know where you learned math.

But downgrading an order isn't losing money when you're still selling a product.

You don't know the cost of the game therefore you cant ascertain if its a loss.

Does buying a physical copy of the collection ACTUALLY not have the disc in it? For real?
They have to make up costs of production, so downgrading your pre-order effectively takes away money from them.
And my math is geared toward showing that if 343 isn't including the discs to save money, they will end up not saving any, but basically spending money.

If they save money by not making discs, they "lose" money from downgraded pre-order (or do not make as much total profit).
If they spend the money on making discs, they will earn more money in the long run.
But if you want all of the math I did ,I could copy-paste the calculations, or write an equation.

And yes, if you buy the Legendary Collector's Edition, you get a steelbook case, but no physical game disc. Instead you get a digital download. And this is for every pre-order.
Does this include physical retail pre-orders?
Syxnrgy wrote:
Does this include physical retail pre-orders?
Yep. Every single LCE box, as of now, comes with an empty steelbook and a download code.
I vote for physical because I don't want to have to deal with re-downloading the game when necessary, such as getting a new Xbox, or uninstalling it to play something else for a while. I implore the rest of you to vote for physical.
Definitely a physical copy, I don't want just a paper with a code I want the disc.
for a collectors edition, it should come with both for that price.. that being said i have mine pre ordered. i prefer digital... id rather have something else than a steel case... just my preference.
Let's get physical, physical!!!
Let's get physical, physical!!!
haha >__< you win!!
A COLLECTOR'S edition for COLLECTORS should have a physical copy. Collectors want physical things. I love the fact knowing I have a physical copy and always will.
I'm a little shocked about this. Not sure who at 343 thought that not providing a physical disc in a package designed for people who want to collect physical things, but it seems like a pretty dumb thought. I agree that maybe it would have been nice for them to just include both a digital code & a physical disc.

I definitely think there should be a physical disc in the Collector's edition. I've already been considering downgrading my pre-order. $150 just for the statue seems way to high. With no disc, I'm that much closer to changing my order.
-Snip!- Sign and Share guys, we cant let them do this to us.
Petitions are not allowed on the forums.
I have all of the halo collection so we must have a physical copy not having one will be a deal breaker for me