Control settings: How do you Halo?

OP Jables Enables

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Catamo3 wrote:
Recon. Always have, always will. Can't get rid of that Halo 3 muscle memory.
I've been playing recon for years and years.

Two days into Halo 5 I changed to fishstick because I thought Smart scope would be superior on the left trigger. Tried it for a week found out it wasn't.

Finally just changed to bumper jumper, something I always wanted to do but was too intimidated to do.

It takes about 10 to 12 hours for muscle memory to adapt to new controls, its frustrating but not impossible.
I used to play on Walkie talkie in 3 than during 3s lifetime I switched to BJ. My god that was hard to break A to jump but that's the only way I can play halo on console now
I've gone with Green Thumb seeing as it's very close to default controls but with a few button places change so i actually use the thrusters and sensitivity is 10 as anything slower just doesn't feel right to me.
Catamo3 wrote:

Two days into Halo 5 I changed to fishstick because I thought Smart scope would be superior on the left trigger. Tried it for a week found out it wasn't.

Finally just changed to bumper jumper, something I always wanted to do but was too intimidated to do.

It takes about 10 to 12 hours for muscle memory to adapt to new controls, its frustrating but not impossible.
I used to play on Walkie talkie in 3 than during 3s lifetime I switched to BJ. My god that was hard to break A to jump but that's the only way I can play halo on console now
BJ is not a good abbreviation for Bumper Jumper haha.
Controls from Halo 4, but I'm constantly getting confused, got too used to playing Destiny XD....no double jump in Halo
Really missed the double jump for a few days lol. Also feels a lot slower than destiny.
Bumper Jumper, 5 sensitivity. X thruster hasn't bothered me much but I never tried default so I can't say what I'm missing
I've gone with the delightfully named "Halo 4" control scheme. It just feels 'Halo' while still being nicely streamlined with all the new abilities.

Another reason I feel like Halo 5 is the Halo 4 they originally wanted to make XD
halo 4 controls
sensitivity 7
Halo4, sensitivity: 3(default).
I hate having thruster pack mapped to a face button it's terribly inefficient .
Default all the way
If the game makes a set of controls default, then that means it is the way the game is meant to be played
Recon button layout
3 sensitivity
Controls from Halo 4, but I'm constantly getting confused, got too used to playing Destiny XD....no double jump in Halo
Destiny was -Yoinking!- me over with controls at first too, always aiming when I wanted to melee and crouching when I wanted to sprint
And then when I go back to Destiny I want to ledge grab and and and I'm just all kinds of a mess with gaming right now
Halo 4 control.
Catamo3 wrote:

I've always wanted to try Bumper Jumper, as I know it technically is the best.
Circinius wrote:
Default all the way
If the game makes a set of controls default, then that means it is the way the game is meant to be played
Even the pro team at 343i doesn't play Default. They know that those controls are only default so that people moving over from Destiny and CoD can have an easier time adjusting to Halo. They know damn well that Default isn't meant for a Halo game.
Bumper Jumper Sensitivity 2
Boxer.
7 sen
Elite Controller
Buttons Remapped to Underneath
X - Bottom Left
Y - Top Left
A - Bottom Right
B - Top Right
Triggers
Both set to hair trigger position
Sensitivity is set to half stroke for max down (Need it like this so you can still charge up weapons with trigger stops on)

In Game Setting
Buttons - Default
Look Sensitivity - 4
Inversion set to YES same for Flight
Toggle Crouch - Off
Auto-Stabilize - Off
Recon, honestly I don't know why,maybe it's because my first halo games had recon as default
Bumper Jumper 4
Bumper jumper - sens 3
but I've tried out the new Helljumper scheme too. Just didn't like melee on the RS.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3