Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Could Deacon Pipap secretly be… Bane?

OP Andycu5

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So when playing Warzone Firefight lately, I've been thinking. Fighting Deacon Pipap is a colossal pain in the -Yoink-, especially when you're paired with randoms who are either on party chat or don't use mics (which I don't blame them for). But regardless of whether or not I've lost most of my encounters with him when on Apex, I've been curious as to the lore behind him. Let's be real here, does anyone else think Deacon Pipap might actually be… Bane?

There's a lot of evidence. I'll start from the most significant, and it's that even though he's just a damn Grunt in a mech, Pipap is just a really big guy. Come on, he's huge. He has hulking, powerful arms and huge hands, hands that remind me of the hands used to crush that one rich dude's face in Dark Knight Rises.

Deacon Pipap isn't just a big guy. He wears a mask. He needs that mask (and the connected methane tank) to breath. If someone were to pull off that mask, it would be extremely painful for whomever pulled it off simply because Pipap would proceed to say "SUPER ATTACK" and turn them into an exploding porcupine via blamite shards.

Speaking of his -Yoink- needlers, the first time I decided to give my teammates air-support with a Wasp, I suddenly saw a -Yoink--load of needles speeding towards my aircraft. The next thing I knew was that Deacon Pipap had crashed my plane with no survivors.

Thus, Deacon Pipap is obviously Bane.

Thoughts?
Andycu5 wrote:
Pipap is just a really big guy.
For you
Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first...
Um....what's the point of this thread may I ask?
It is Waypoint's reckoning.
If there was any lore, we would eventually see it in the "News" section of Waypoint. I would assume. And do you mean Bane from Batman?
This was great
Andycu5 wrote:
It is Waypoint's reckoning.
You think pointless threads are your ally. But you merely adopted pointless threads; the Waypoint Monitors were born in them, moulded by them.
If there was any lore, we would eventually see it in the "News" section of Waypoint. I would assume. And do you mean Bane from Batman?
This is a joke.
subtle meme references from /tv/ and reddit
  1. Um....what's the point of this thread may I ask?
Didn't realize that, on the whole, Bane was a meme. Unless that's the joke.
It's less of him being a meme and more of the whole intro scene of TDKR as being hilariously campy.
It's less of him being a meme and more of the whole intro scene of TDKR as being hilariously campy.
That scene was Nolan's magnum opus /s
Well... Deacon Pipap broke the scorpion...
I don't care who he is, he's a butt monkey. That round is awful. Needs to be tweaked.
#Evidence

Deacon Pipap talks from a loudspeaker. Bane's mask has speakers that project his voice.

Coincedence? I THINK NOT
Impossible. Unlike Bane Deacon has a personality.
TK0S3 wrote:
But no one cared who he was before he put on the mask.....
When Sanghelios is in ashes, then you have my permission to Rocket Punch!
Benijam7 wrote:
TK0S3 wrote:
But no one cared who he was before he put on the mask.....
Love this comment
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2