Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Could the Phaeton use a rarity change?

OP TheMenacePotato

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've now gotten to play with a couple regular Phaetons in warzone now, and I've come to the conclusion that they would be better off as an Ultra Rare REQ card. Sure they're great, have firepower and dodging capabilities, but honestly I don't think they deserve being legendary alongside the Helios (which is well deserving of its legendary status). Luke the Notable concluded that there's a hidden rarity within each tier, and in his test got about 5 regular Phaetons for every 1 Phaeton Helios. Honestly, if this is the way it's intended to be, I see no reason for the Ohaeton to be moved to Ultra Rare, since they're not that tolerant to rockets and splasers.
You guys' thoughts?
I wouldn't mind if the base Phaeton was deemed an Ultra Rare vehicle. It doesn't stand a chance compared to its Helios counterpart.
I wouldn't mind seeing it moved down. Heck the banshee ultra is a more powerful req really.
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
Base phaeton, definitely; it's usually shot down with ease anyway. Why have both in the same teir?
Razzageist wrote:
Base phaeton, definitely; it's usually shot down with ease anyway. Why have both in the same teir?
Phaeton obviously has more firepower than the banshee and it's slightly easier to hide behind walls for adequate cover. The vehicle Reqs I believe are not organized concerning how easily they are destroyed by players who know what they are doing.

Just my thoughts here on out!
Phaetons really don't appear often enough in req packs. But, I only play firefight, so what do I know? I think that about every vehicle...
Razzageist wrote:
Phaeton obviously has more firepower than the banshee and it's slightly easier to hide behind walls for adequate cover. The vehicle Reqs I believe are not organized concerning how easily they are destroyed by players who know what they are doing.

I didn't think of it that way; yeah the banshee makes you stay mobile unless you wedge yourself somewhere.
What's the difference in firepower that the phaeton and heilous have to be in the same teir?
I think so, splazer shreds it and it dosn't really have much cover.

Although, it could do a lot of damage in the right hands, and to have a player get them more consistently could be devastating... Which is my argument against a change.
The Basic Phaeton I can accept as a Ultra Rare, but the Helios can stay as a legendary.
Spoiler:
Show
The Basic Phaeton I can accept as a Ultra Rare, but the Helios can stay as a legendary.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah I getcha.
And from what I can tell, the Banshee Ultra is pretty much on par with the Phaeton. They can handle about the same amount of abuse, and both have powerful weapons. Only difference is banshee can go faster but doesn't have the dodging capabilities of the Phaeton.
I think it could stay as a Legendary but its actual drop rate needs to change. While we have multiple Legendary items like the Phaeton, Phaeton Helios, Gambit: AI Kills, etc, I don't think they all have the same drop rate. I've had so many more Twin Jewels than Phaetons, it's absurd.

The Phaeton could do with showing up a little more often in Gold packs while still retaining its Legendary rarity.
Up the drop rate a little bit. (a lot) I have (now) well over 200 of the gold rocket hog variants, & have had less than a dozen Phaetons, of which I only have five left.
Razzageist wrote:
Razzageist wrote:

I didn't think of it that way; yeah the banshee makes you stay mobile unless you wedge yourself somewhere.
What's the difference in firepower that the phaeton and heilous have to be in the same teir?
That same question can go for the Banshee Ultra vs Temple Banshee, Wraith Ultra vs Temple Wraith, and Ghost Ultra vs Temple Ghost, usually in which cases the latter is spawned much more frequently in Warzone.
I think it could stay as a Legendary but its actual drop rate needs to change. While we have multiple Legendary items like the Phaeton, Phaeton Helios, Gambit: AI Kills, etc, I don't think they all have the same drop rate. I've had so many more Twin Jewels than Phaetons, it's absurd.

The Phaeton could do with showing up a little more often in Gold packs while still retaining its Legendary rarity.
I mean, they are super rare even with the certification, and yet it's been proven that their drop rate is still five times that of the Helios.

I mean, they are super rare even with the certification, and yet it's been proven that their drop rate is still five times that of the Helios.
If only they made the Phaeton nearly just as common as the frowned upon Banshee Ultra (while keeping its Legendary status), I would be pleased...

If only they made the Phaeton nearly just as common as the frowned upon Banshee Ultra (while keeping its Legendary status), I would be pleased...
The Banshee Ultra is frowned upon?

Frowned upon as in, the most frustrating and annoying vehicle to deal with in PvP Warzone, yeah it is of course frowned upon by many players in the community, and by even Halo Youtubers to a degree...

Frowned upon as in, the most frustrating and annoying vehicle to deal with in PvP Warzone, yeah it is of course frowned upon by many players in the community, and by even Halo Youtubers to a degree...
Yes it is frustrating to deal with, I agree that it is quite overpowered.

This is exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it better
I have had probably jacked more then received in packs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3