Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

could we send req packs with our req points?

OP Dead Ballistic1

Myself and a mate made a deal that we would send each other a gold req pack after we reached level 100, but he doesn't see why we have to use real money to send one req pack
Our idea was to use Req Packs with our Req points, it would allow for more flow of sending Req Packs, and in stead of having to buy a xbox gift card
Say you have everything in the game and you have a small group of people who want to send you a gold pack. you have over 100000 req points and you want to send them a req pack, instead of going out to get xbox money you could sit there and send them with your req points.

i hope to hear back on your suggestions
But then they wouldn't make money from microtransactions.
DoubleSama wrote:
Yep, pretty much.
DoubleSama wrote:
true
For info on why you can't gift packs using RP
Quote:
WHY CAN'T I GIFT OTHER REQ PACKS OR GOLD PACKS PURCHASED WITH RP?

We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:

We know players who have amassed massive stockpiles of RP would love nothing more than to help spread that love amongst their friends but after reviews with the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, studying examples of similar systems in the wild and consulting a variety of experts, concerns over a multitude of potential scams and exploits led to the decision to limit this new feature to real-money transactions only. Further, Gold Pack Gifting is only available to players once they’ve reached Spartan Rank 5 or greater in Halo 5: Guardians.
ok, thanks i didn't know
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:

ok, thanks i didn't know
Sounds like the real reason is because 343i would lose money if friends gave away gold packs to their friends. Think about it...343i are forcing micro-transactions, if nobody had any reason to buy them then 343i wouldn't profit from them, I really doubt it's about random people online trying to scam people. Basically it's just 343i trying to maximise their profits. It's like I have tons, tons of RP to buy what feels like endless gold packs without wasting any real money, yet if I could just give gold packs away then 343i would lose out on possible pack purchases (partly because I refuse to put any real money into the stupid micro-transactions), think about how people are in the same situation because that would mean a lot more giving away packs, 343i would not profit from it as much.
Actually it's to prevent players from making a black market for packs. You would have players selling packs because they could just "gift" them. Then you would have players possibly ripping off other players who would send money and then they may or may not get their packs and would then blame 343 and expect compensation. The other player can then claim they sent the packs and 343s servers are to blame and would be one big headache and more trouble than it's worth.