Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Courteous Teammates In Warzone Firefight

OP ThatKindBadger8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Okay, I play a lot of Halo 5: Guardians every day and I do a lot of Warzone Firefight matches (mainly on Legendary). I have been thinking about what land vehicles everyone has, during Rounds 3-5 in particular, and I must ask: Do you get many courteous players in Warzone Firefight matches?

Here is a very good example of one: Legendary Warzone Firefight, Raid on Apex 7. Final Round, one Legendary Grunt Mech boss before two Mythic Hunter bosses. I spawn a random type of Scorpion tank and behind me is someone in either a Hannibal Scorpion or any type of Wraith or some vehicle quicker than mine. I look around and if there is not enough room for more than one (big) land vehicle to go through at one time, I move out of the way to let the Spartan(s) in the quicker-moving vehicle pass through first. Not only is that showing courtesy towards others, but also time management.

Do you have many teammates like that? Let me know in your comment.
I didn’t encounter that many, but it’s always good to come across players who give some thought to their actions!
I like seeing teammates spartan charge boost me forward in their way by when I’m carrying a turret of some kind. Every little boost helps!
Its not often. Usually it is team killers using wraiths to boost into teammates etc.
I try and move my vehicle out of the way when I can, though with some locations/bosses that's a tricky thing to do. The hunter squad final round on Stormbreak where they all hole up in a spot where only Wraith Ultras have a reliable shot at them? All the vehicles that try clustering in there makes it pretty hard to cram 'em all in there!

While on the topic of courteous, how about 'donating' a vehicle to someone between rounds? If your vehicle's still in relatively good condition and someone else is on foot, and you've got the points to call something in - fly or drive it up to someone and then drop it by them. A few games back between Round 4 and 5 I set a Phaeton by someone and they actually just stood there like they were unsure if they should take it or not. I could have dropped it anywhere really, but coming up to a team mate and setting it by their feet's a better indication that you're offering it.

There's also early round courtesy, where sometimes you'll spawn a Scout 'hog to ram down a boss or Grunts/Crawlers... It's easy to get lost in that and bump into team mates and take their shields down, setting them up for getting killed by enemies. So taking extra care to avoid them (This should be common sense but its sense a lot of people seem to disregard at times...) or even just choosing to go Grunt/Crawler hunting in a spot where your team isn't all clustered in. With splatterable bosses... I guess just be careful to crush the boss without barreling over it since then you risk continuing into a team mate. For people on foot if there's a vehicle aiming for the boss, then just don't go running up to melee the boss!
I always see people sitting in warthogs by themselves either intentionally or because they can't find a driver. I love driving and I can never find a gunner... I usually jump in and safely drive them around. Don't know if that counts..
I always see people sitting in warthogs by themselves either intentionally or because they can't find a driver. I love driving and I can never find a gunner... I usually jump in and safely drive them around. Don't know if that counts..
I feel like that counts, yes. :)
Between rounds I always upgrade to a new vehicle and I leave my previous one for my teammates
I did this just yesterday, a player drove me around in a mongoose, then it went to a warthog, and ended with me driving them in a rocket hog for the rest of the round. :D
Im a courteous gamer especially on Halo.
tuhin94 wrote:
I didn’t encounter that many, but it’s always good to come across players who give some thought to their actions!
I drop vehicles every once in a while and then get out of the vehicle so someone else can use it. I've come across a few people that actually don't use it then the vehicle disappears after a while which then goes to waste.
Sometimes people are nice in-game but sadly more times it's teams that don't know what there doing...leading to entire teams being emp'd by the Warden spamming emp charges and that end's up effecting more people that it should since they don't know about spacing out to avoid multiply emp'd players, ends up with a ton of tanks that can't do anything but some players think it's ok to rush in there...making it impossible to do anything due to players boxing us in.
Okay, I play a lot of Halo 5: Guardians every day and I do a lot of Warzone Firefight matches (mainly on Legendary). I have been thinking about what land vehicles everyone has, during Rounds 3-5 in particular, and I must ask: Do you get many courteous players in Warzone Firefight matches?

Here is a very good example of one: Legendary Warzone Firefight, Raid on Apex 7. Final Round, one Legendary Grunt Mech boss before two Mythic Hunter bosses. I spawn a random type of Scorpion tank and behind me is someone in either a Hannibal Scorpion or any type of Wraith or some vehicle quicker than mine. I look around and if there is not enough room for more than one (big) land vehicle to go through at one time, I move out of the way to let the Spartan(s) in the quicker-moving vehicle pass through first. Not only is that showing courtesy towards others, but also time management.

Do you have many teammates like that? Let me know in your comment.
We need more heroes
This is how I usually play. I’ll give up my REQs to others as well when I build up my REQ level for something new. It’s hopefully things like that which will encourage other players to do the same.
WZFF is filled with some very discourteous players unfortunately. I tend to report them for unsporting behaviour
MorseyBaby wrote:
WZFF is filled with some very discourteous players unfortunately. I tend to report them for unsporting behaviour
Its kind of the best grindy game-mode for lower level people or those REALLY looking to grind so
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
MorseyBaby wrote:
Its kind of the best grindy game-mode for lower level people or those REALLY looking to grind so
That is true, but what people haven't seemed to realise is that speed bonuses are worth a lot XP-wise (and apply to all players) and the best way to get those is cooperation. Even a couple are worth more XP-wise than the difference between first and about sixth

People chasing me round with a gravity hammer on a boss kill in round 2/3 to flip my vehicle so they can use it instead/stop me getting are just being plain annoying and harming it for everyone.

I also have slight issue with 'because grind' being an excuse for poor gamesmanship in general, but that's a totally different conversation
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
That is true, but what people haven't seemed to realise is that speed bonuses are worth a lot XP-wise (and apply to all players) and the best way to get those is cooperation. Even a couple are worth more XP-wise than the difference between first and about sixth

People chasing me round with a gravity hammer on a boss kill in round 2/3 to flip my vehicle so they can use it instead/stop me getting are just being plain annoying and harming it for everyone.

I also have slight issue with 'because grind' being an excuse for poor gamesmanship in general, but that's a totally different conversation
The grind has two sides unfortunatly. And it produces both people who want to help and will spawn a Ghost just to slam one boss down so you finish the round in a minute or less, and then theres people who spawn a ghost and team-kill everyone around the boss so they get the kill.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

The grind has two sides unfortunatly. And it produces both people who want to help and will spawn a Ghost just to slam one boss down so you finish the round in a minute or less, and then theres people who spawn a ghost and team-kill everyone around the boss so they get the kill.
Agreed. Feel like the second lot of people are just very poorly informed about the game though
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2