Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Covenant Carbine sucks?

OP GODFallout15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have recently realized that the Covenant Carbine have a big problem about it's accurancy... It usually needs 7 shoots in the head to kill an spartan, and being in a short distance the shots give in the enemie. As you know when the reticle is in red the bulllets have more "magnetic" properties. But even being in a middle rank some of the shots failed... proving it in a wall what I saw, some of the shoot have sproof so it even took me 12 shots to kill my friend. I was proving it so he wasn't moving and i was always shooting at his head.

Am I crazy?
It was changed in the Weapon Tuning Update to have pretty significant bloom. If you want you can watch a pretty in depth analysis of it after the update here. Personally I think it was a pretty awful change. The update was intended to make the skill ceiling higher, but this really just made it harder for good players to get consistent kills with it. I never pick it up anymore.
Yeah, the accuracy was tweaked a bit, makes it a bit harder to get shots to land. It's always been a 7-shot perfect kill in H5 though.
It takes a little practice. I’ve seen it dominate in games before
The Carbine use to be my favorite precision weapon, since the update I don't use it at all unless it's given to me in Super Fiesta, I replaced it with the Light Rifle now.
They can nerf my alien rifle all they want. They'll die all the same.
Its ok once you get the higher REQ version
Due to the tuning updates several weapons have become rarer pickups now. Carbine is one but so is the BR since the pistol has better RRR
If anything, the Carbine should've received a change similar to the BR; no random spread, but stronger vertical recoil.
Exenius wrote:
It was changed in the Weapon Tuning Update to have pretty significant bloom. If you want you can watch a pretty in depth analysis of it after the update here. Personally I think it was a pretty awful change. The update was intended to make the skill ceiling higher, but this really just made it harder for good players to get consistent kills with it. I never pick it up anymore.
Yea I don't understand why they added random spread as you can see in Azolai's video even in RRR it still misses which is ridiculous. They did nerf the range which would have been enough it wasnt overly dominant in 4vs4 arena since it's only really strong between mid to long range. If your up close the magnum will normally beat it . Only places it was pretty strong was in BTB and Warzone. Even then landing 7 shots everytime wasn't really happening soo I don't think it was really an easy to use weapon. The point is adding spread to a precision weapon makes it less precise which is against what the weapon should be
I really don't understand why reticle bloom wasn't just given to the precision weapons. First shot is near pinpoint accurate, next shot is slightly less accurate and so on. Forces players to pace their shots instead of tweaking again and again to get the perfect recoil/spread. It bugs me that the magnum and DMR have slight bloom as you shoot but either the fire rate is too slow for it to even matter (the magnum) or the bloom recovery is too fast for it to matter (DMR).

Looking back at Reach with the DMR and Needle rifle bloom rates, at longer ranges you had to pace yourself to hit whereas close quarters you can risk the accuracy loss and I feel thats what needs to be done for Halo 5's precision weapons
Would you all say that Halo 5 has a problem in the accuracy system? There is something hard that makes me have a decent accuracy in the game. It feels hmm strange, I wouldn't know how to explain it.
The carbine isn't bad, but after the tuning update the changes take getting used to.
Would you all say that Halo 5 has a problem in the accuracy system? There is something hard that makes me have a decent accuracy in the game. It feels hmm strange, I wouldn't know how to explain it.
I wouldn't say Halo 5 has a problem with the accuracy system (now at least) but every time 343 comes out with a weapons tuning update (which proves they do care about us) everyone needs to get used to the new changes, and that's when people get mad at how "the weapon isn't exactly how it used to be". But watch in a few weeks to a month people will be used to it or 343 it change it again.
I really don't understand why reticle bloom wasn't just given to the precision weapons. First shot is near pinpoint accurate, next shot is slightly less accurate and so on. Forces players to pace their shots instead of tweaking again and again to get the perfect recoil/spread. It bugs me that the magnum and DMR have slight bloom as you shoot but either the fire rate is too slow for it to even matter (the magnum) or the bloom recovery is too fast for it to matter (DMR).

Looking back at Reach with the DMR and Needle rifle bloom rates, at longer ranges you had to pace yourself to hit whereas close quarters you can risk the accuracy loss and I feel thats what needs to be done for Halo 5's precision weapons
When i first started playing 5 the bloom was in the campaign but seemed to have no real purpose so i assumed it was just for the campaign. then into multiplayer it stayed solid even tho it showed bloom so weeks of playtime later it just seemed unneccessary but w/e. then overtime came out and now the carbine actually has some sort of bloom factor w/ nothing on screen to show for it. Also the AR change made the bloom so small its bloom range goes from exactly dead accurate at 0-X range and beyond X any other ranged weapon should be used, instead of having and reasonably decreasing range so you should have to burst fire. Reach had it NAILED just as Banana here says. Weapon fire rate should have an impact on range not for just immersion (which doesnt matter to me), just because it makes since in every way. either that or just get rid of useless blooming reticules and focus a little more effort on literally any other part of the game
W O T???

I'll have you know that the Carbine is the best weapon in all of the games, that's right, all of them. Carbine is the absolute embodiment of semi automatic handheld weapons of mass destruction.
Every game should have a Carbine in it. The BR wishes it even came close to the Carbine. No other weapons have won as many awards as the Carbine as well such as, #1 weapon to save the most Moa chicks from a burning building, Award of excellence in being the best Dad, and the Certificate of being the most "wepon" ever.
Halo started to gain lots of traction with the release of halo 2, guess what debuted in halo 2? The carbine, coincidence?
I T H I N K N O T ! The Carbine is the best weapon to ever grace the universe and shame on you for saying it sucks, your post is bad and you should feel bad.
#Numba1Carbinefanboi
#Carbinebestweapon
#GitgudBRscrubs
#PraiseuntoCarbine
The regular one isn't that good, but the Blood of Suban is insane.
The regular one isn't that good, but the Blood of Suban is insane.
You think Sherlock?
Lol
The Carbine is still a beast, but after the Tuning update, imo it feels a bit wonky
W O T???I'll have you know that the Carbine is the best weapon in all of the games, that's right, all of them. Carbine is the absolute embodiment of semi automatic handheld weapons of mass destruction.
Every game should have a Carbine in it. The BR wishes it even came close to the Carbine. No other weapons have won as many awards as the Carbine as well such as, #1 weapon to save the most Moa chicks from a burning building, Award of excellence in being the best Dad, and the Certificate of being the most "wepon" ever.
Halo started to gain lots of traction with the release of halo 2, guess what debuted in halo 2? The carbine, coincidence?
I T H I N K N O T ! The Carbine is the best weapon to ever grace the universe and shame on you for saying it sucks, your post is bad and you should feel bad.
#Numba1Carbinefanboi
#Carbinebestweapon
#GitgudBRscrubs
#PraiseuntoCarbine
So this is what Insanity looks like lol :P
In the past Bungie made the Carbine better then the BR in Halo 3 Beta. But the BR fans hated the idea so much in the forums to the point they keep it weak in every Halo game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2