Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Crouch walking to evade radar is no longer useful

OP OohNooThatSucks

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Because radar distance is pretty much useless. I see a lot of people saying that radar is a crutch. Wrong. In halo, a huge skill set was crouch walking when a baddie popped on your radar to literally dissappear from theirs. That was a skill. Now, radar is useless. And so is crouching. Also I'd like to take this time to say I hate sprint. Thank you.
Radar is a crutch for some, but it's also a tool that can be used or manipulated skillfully.

But yes, crouching is mostly useless now because the radar is just a HUD clutter with no practical use.
Do you know what a crutch is? Radar was a crutch because people didn't just use it, they relied on it to play. Also, you can still crouch so I don't know what you're talking about with that.
I see where enemies are on radar all the time in h5 arena, it's far from useless. I also sneak up on objectives when crouch walking.
It's useful if the enemy knows you're around the corner and waiting on you.
It's no longer useful to sneak up on unsuspecting people, you'd be wasting your time.

Radar used to be a life savor, now 80% of the time I notice someone on the radar I'm as good as dead.
I use my radar quite often. It saves my life all the time
There was a time when an enemy would pop 25 meters away, and you could intermittently crouch walk your way right up to him either due to his innatentiveness to the radar, him thinking you died, thinking it was a fluke to see you pinging and dissapearing, or In reach he might think it was an active Camo scrambe. Fake deaths were great. The guy would approach you on radar, see you dissapear, and head the other way leaving you to come up behind him and wreck him. To me, this was halo. I get it has changed. I'm trying to accept it, but I'll very likely be back on reach when it hits bc. Love you guys.

Side note, are the dead zone options still coming in december? Haven't been keeping up with the community.
This is an odd complaint.
There was a time when an enemy would pop 25 meters away, and you could intermittently crouch walk your way right up to him either due to his innatentiveness to the radar, him thinking you died, thinking it was a fluke to see you pinging and dissapearing, or In reach he might think it was an active Camo scrambe. Fake deaths were great. The guy would approach you on radar, see you dissapear, and head the other way leaving you to come up behind him and wreck him. To me, this was halo. I get it has changed. I'm trying to accept it, but I'll very likely be back on reach when it hits bc. Love you guys.

Side note, are the dead zone options still coming in december? Haven't been keeping up with the community.
Right, so because your style of sneaky camping doesn't work anymore you're annoyed. I get it. I'm actually happy you're going back to Reach. I hated people playing that way.
DaddyTrax wrote:

Right, so because your style of sneaky camping doesn't work anymore you're annoyed. I get it. I'm actually happy you're going back to Reach. I hated people playing that way.
I think it's funny he's so mad he's playing Reach. You couldn't PAY me to play that game.
They should just add sprinting enemy indicators at the edge of your radar.

With seople moving this fast it only helps in close quarters.
People are usually sprinting, by the time you see them....spartan charge!
DaddyTrax wrote:

There was nothing campy about my playstyle. Ah well cod hive mind has infested halo. Enjoy everyone.
DaddyTrax wrote:

There was nothing campy about my playstyle. Ah well cod hive mind has infested halo. Enjoy everyone.
Pretty sure crouching in corners was definitely a COD epidemic so if anyone is infested it's you.
Thank you for sharing the insight you gleaned from the three whole matches you've played, OP.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
gethtones wrote:
Thank you for sharing the insight you gleaned from the three whole matches you've played, OP.
I won't touch the game until the abomination of the aiming deadzone is fixed. And as someone who's 1000g every halo possible aside from haloduty4, I'm pretty sure my opinion is valid. Even when it's fixed, I'm still unsure how much time I'll spend in game. I'll see. Until then enjoy your "best sales ever halo" sitting at game position 73 on twitch with the top player pulling a whopping 140 viewers on a thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy it if you love it. I hope my position changes when the aiming is fixed.
Because radar distance is pretty much useless. I see a lot of people saying that radar is a crutch. Wrong. In halo, a huge skill set was crouch walking when a baddie popped on your radar to literally dissappear from theirs. That was a skill. Now, radar is useless. And so is crouching. Also I'd like to take this time to say I hate sprint. Thank you.

I like to refer to the radars size as the "size of a ants nipple hair
gethtones wrote:
I won't touch the game until the abomination of the aiming deadzone is fixed. And as someone who's 1000g every halo possible aside from haloduty4, I'm pretty sure my opinion is valid. Even when it's fixed, I'm still unsure how much time I'll spend in game. I'll see. Until then enjoy your "best sales ever halo" sitting at game position 73 on twitch with the top player pulling a whopping 140 viewers on a thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy it if you love it. I hope my position changes wheb the aiming is fixed.
it would, if wouldnt be a plain liar. according to your account you didnt even touch any other Halos than H4 and H5.
You didnt even play it on the MCC. As of now, your in no position to make any kinds of demands since it seams,
that you dont even know what youre actually talking about.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
gethtones wrote:
I won't touch the game until the abomination of the aiming deadzone is fixed. And as someone who's 1000g every halo possible aside from haloduty4, I'm pretty sure my opinion is valid. Even when it's fixed, I'm still unsure how much time I'll spend in game. I'll see. Until then enjoy your "best sales ever halo" sitting at game position 73 on twitch with the top player pulling a whopping 140 viewers on a thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy it if you love it. I hope my position changes wheb the aiming is fixed.
it would, if wouldnt be a plain liar. according to your account you didnt even touch any other Halos than H4 and H5.
You didnt even play it on the MCC. As of now, your in no position to make any kinds of demands since it seams,
that you dont even know what youre actually talking about.
It's called changing gamertags. You must be the epitome of intelligence left in the halo community. But you're right I didn't play mcc. Didn't see the need to replay them. Especially after the bad press and mess it became.I'm done posting happy thanksgiving.
The radar has a smaller radius now, you can still crouch and vanish on the radar, it's actually easier to sneak up on opponents now...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3