Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Crouching

OP TheProphetslied

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Has anyone noticed a lot of players crouching every time they see you? I'm not new to Halo so did i miss something?
Either noobs, or people who can actually maintain accuracy while crouching to throw your aim off.
Nice name btw.
Thank you! And alright it was really concerning me
Probably trying to stay off radar.
Either noobs, or people who can actually maintain accuracy while crouching to throw your aim off.
Huh .. Noobs what are you talking about?
If crouch is in the game it serves a purpose
Cerrone wrote:
I was referring to the fact that some people think it's a good idea to crouch in the middle of a firefight for whatever reason. But they're in the minority, there are others who can use to an ungodly capacity.
It depends, I have noticed too and I have a couple theories.

I see tons of people running around normally but when they start shooting or getting shot at they start crouching. That is the most confusing part for me because when they crouch they are very slow easy targets and I get the kill effortlessly, so it can't be because it serves some hidden advantage other than staying off radar (which is less important than ever in Halo 5)

I think it is new players accidentally hitting crouch because they are using a button layout that has crouch mapped to a button that they instinctively used to use for something else. My best guess is players coming over from older Halo games that have kept the Default layout for Halo 5. They are trying to zoom with RS, which is now on LT, and accidentally end up crouching.

Either that or it is very new players coming from other shooters like COD, where crouching does give you a slight advantage of being a smaller target and having reduced recoil. Though I am leaning more towards my first theory.
Cerrone wrote:
Didn't you get the memo? If you're not MLG you're a noob!
I have noticed the crouching phenomenon too..It offends me.
Probably CoD players that have a drop shot reflex?

They should probably throw that reflex in the trash if they're playing Halo tbh
I keep accidentally pressing the right stick down every now and then out of habit
Cerrone wrote:
I was referring to the fact that some people think it's a good idea to crouch in the middle of a firefight for whatever reason. But they're in the minority, there are others who can use to an ungodly capacity.
lemon cup wrote:

I see tons of people running around normally but when they start shooting or getting shot at they start crouching. That is the most confusing part for me because when they crouch they are very slow easy targets and I get the kill effortlessly, so it can't be because it serves some hidden advantage other than staying off radar (which is less important than ever in Halo 5)

I think it is new players accidentally hitting crouch because they are using a button layout that has crouch mapped to a button that they instinctively used to use for something else. My best guess is players coming over from older Halo games that have kept the Default layout for Halo 5. They are trying to zoom with RS, which is now on LT, and accidentally end up crouching.

Either that or it is very new players coming from other shooters like COD, where crouching does give you a slight advantage of being a smaller target and having reduced recoil. Though I am leaning more towards my first theory.
My friend was having an issue with crouch. Whenever he tried to melee someone, but missed, his character would crouch, every single time.
I'm one of those guys who hasn't tried out other button mapping set ups yet and so far, most of the time I crouch, it's because I accidentally pushed too hard on my right thumb stick.
lemon cup wrote:

I've been with the Halo series for a while now and use the default layout. I don't know why, but when I'm in a firefight I will crouch all of a sudden when I don't mean to. I will say that even though it sucks when in the heat of a firefight I love that crouch is defaulted to toggle.
Some people use it to avoid giving a steady head to target against precision weapons. I use it often in pistol/BR battles when I'm about to get finished off. It simply moves my head vertically along with the horizontal movement of strafing to make the finishing headshot more difficult to hit. But that is probably not how most people use it
Accidently pressing too hard on the stick. The controller is really sensitive.
i always see the people with the precision weapons do the crouching
They're mainly just a bunch of bad kids who think they're sneaky but end up getting destroyed the moment they're spotted.
It always makes me angry when people do it, it doesn't work and looks -Yoinking!- stupid when they're bobing up and down
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2