Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

CTF only playlist?

OP LovelyJoey21605

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Am I the only one who want's a playlist of CTF ONLY?

P.S. I was making a long post, but there really doesn't need to be much more elaboration on the topic.
I loathe current Team Arena settings, and the Strongholds gamemode to boot. 1/3 chance of playing CTF, and on boring settings...
Yeah....I'm not touching that playlist with a ten foot pole.

EDIT:
I'm putting this in because I think this is a really great idea, and I wanna highlight it.
(Without taking credit for it!!)
Quote:
MADOG HEP85 wrote:
Yeah... A CTF playlist would be awesome. I've played many variations of CTF with the last featured holiday playlist. CTF with low gravity, CTF with random power weapons, etc. If they had a CTF only playlist they could include these in the rotation to provide a more dynamic style of play. Not to mention including Husky Raid and Castle Wars to this specific playlist. CTF only playlist is a GREAT idea
I honestly didn't think that far:
Make a CTF playlist with ALL kinds of CTF modes; Normal, super fiesta variant CTF, Mythic Shotty-Snipes CTF, Low Grav Rock & Rail CTF, Huskey Raid, Grifball CTF (Sword, hammer and plasma grenades). Halo CE CTF!
Don't get the strongholds hate, but an objective only playlist would be good.
It's simply boring.
It seems to me like it just doesn't play well. With three points to keep track of, and three randoms to coordinate with it really just snowballs to fast.
I've had so many turn-around 3-2 CTF games, but I rarely have turn-around 150-130 games of strongholds. Usually I win big or loose big (like 150-26). Balance is just plain off.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be perfectly fine with a CTF playlist AND a Strongholds playlist. I'd just never play the Strongholds playlist.
Maybe as a rotational playlist, but I don't think it has the population to support making them permanent separate playlists.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Maybe as a rotational playlist, but I don't think it has the population to support making them permanent separate playlists.
I think you're right, and it's unfortunate.

I'm curious to know what Halo 5's average population and population per playlist are.
JB Linken wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

I'm curious to know what Halo 5's average population and population per playlist are.
They release the ranking of most popular playlists but they're not going to release the population numbers.
KayMrt wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

They release the ranking of most popular playlists but they're not going to release the population numbers.
Right. And I understand why. I was just curious.
i would like all the types - CTF, strong hold, odd ball to have their own playlist so i can focus on comms but the usual (and rightly so) response will be the population is not big enough.
I would rather prefer Roaming King than playing Strongholds lol
CruX M85 wrote:
I would rather prefer Roaming King than playing Strongholds lol
I'm playing lots of roaming king, especially since it's a featured playlist. It's a very enjoyable game type. I also never use ground pound in regular gameplay, so having the enemies congregate around the hill and having other teammates doing some damage is allowing me to make some much needed progress on that commendation.

I like strongholds as well, though. I can tell when it comes up in team arena, however, that some people don't really bother capturing and just slay.
Yeah... A CTF playlist would be awesome. I've played many variations of CTF with the last featured holiday playlist. CTF with low gravity, CTF with random power weapons, etc. If they had a CTF only playlist they could include these in the rotation to provide a more dynamic style of play. Not to mention including Husky Raid and Castle Wars to this specific playlist. CTF only playlist is a GREAT idea
Wow, how come I didn't think of making CTF even more spicy!? That's a great idea!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
A rotational playlist I can see working, or at the very minimum have atleast one experimental week to see how it pans out.
Am I the only one who want's a playlist of CTF ONLY?

P.S. I was making a long post, but there really doesn't need to be much more elaboration on the topic.
I loathe current Team Arena settings, and the Strongholds gamemode to boot. 1/3 chance of playing CTF, and on boring settings...
Yeah....I'm not touching that playlist with a ten foot pole.

EDIT:
I'm putting this in because I think this is a really great idea, and I wanna highlight it.
(Without taking credit for it!!)
Quote:
MADOG HEP85 wrote:
I honestly didn't think that far:
Make a CTF playlist with ALL kinds of CTF modes; Normal, super fiesta variant CTF, Mythic Shotty-Snipes CTF, Low Grav Rock & Rail CTF, Huskey Raid, Grifball CTF (Sword, hammer and plasma grenades). Halo CE CTF!
Hey.. Thanks for the shout out
Yo Erk wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
A rotational playlist I can see working, or at the very minimum have atleast one experimental week to see how it pans out.
Great idea
CTF kinda deserves its own playlist in my eyes its one of the oldest game modes out there.
I like this idea sometimes I go into team arena and it keeps giving me the playlist I don't want. It would be cool if they added atleast ctf as another seperate playlist, and maybe even add strongholds and oddball aswell.
APBsniper wrote:
I like this idea sometimes I go into team arena and it keeps giving me the playlist I don't want.
That's pretty much my problem, I love CTF, but I don't much care for Strongholds, Odd ball or even the current Team Arena settings (HCS...Urggh).
So when I play Team Arena I almost never get CTF, which is the only mode I actually play Team Arena for (played, untill HCS settings got applied, killing the fun).

What I'm trying to say is... I miss CTF.... :/

P.S.
Slayer doesn't count. It's wonderful, but already has it's own playlist... Which I'm greatfull for!
DbnpoiZN wrote:
Yo Erk wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Great idea
Yeah, a rotational CTF playlist in Social Arena featuring ALL kinds of CTF modes;
Normal CTF (NOT HCS!!), super fiesta variant CTF, Mythic Shotty-Snipes CTF, Low Grav Rock & Rail CTF, Huskey Raid, Grifball CTF (Sword, hammer and plasma grenades). Even Halo CE CTF!
CTF was nearly all I played on Halo 4. I loved it beyond words. I had a team, and we all had our jobs. Base Defense. Vehicle Support. Primary Offense. Offense Support. I miss it so much. I sincerely hope they bring it back in H6.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2