Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Custom Game Browser Confirmed Post-H5: Forge

OP Fishztikz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Frankie confirmed something similar to a custom games browser for Halo 5: Forge on NeoGAF. Linky 1 and Linky 2. The customs browser won't be there at launch, Frankie just said "its comin."

Bravo later clarified on Beyond that its a new feature that provides similar functionality to a customs browser. He also said it will be a great addition for both PC and Console

TL:DR- Custom games browser for PC and Xbox coming soon. Get pumped
Sweet! It is freaking awesome that its coming to console also.
This is an absolute game changer. Best news I've heard in a very long time.
Fishztikz wrote:
Bravo confirmed something similar to a custom games browser for Halo 5: Forge on NeoGAF. Linky 1 and Linky 2. The customs browser won't be there at launch, Bravo just said "its comin."

He later clarified on Beyond
This is great news, but that isn't Bravo. The guy on GAF is Frankie and the one on Beyond is Josh Holmes.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Fishztikz wrote:
Bravo confirmed something similar to a custom games browser for Halo 5: Forge on NeoGAF. Linky 1 and Linky 2. The customs browser won't be there at launch, Bravo just said "its comin."

He later clarified on Beyond
This is great news, but that isn't Bravo. The guy on GAF is Frankie and the one on Beyond is Josh Holmes.
Wow...*facepalm* I'll update the OP
Best Halo 5 news I've heard all year! All I've ever wanted for Customs was a dedicated server browser like games for PC usually do. Hell, Halo CE for PC has this! Why couldn't Halo 5? Now my prayers have been answered. Let's just hope it isn't half -Yoinked!- like Firefight was.
Way to go Stinkles!
Yes!!! Is it cross-play PC/Xbox in Custom Games?!
They didn't make that clear. I really hope it is though
Fishztikz wrote:
No there is no cross play I'm afraid. They mentioned that on one if the release blogs. See the news section for more details
Hell, it's about time. This may get me to switch completely over to Halo 5 on PC, now that the Xbox version will be redundant.
stckrboy wrote:
Fishztikz wrote:
No there is no cross play I'm afraid. They mentioned that on one if the release blogs. See the news section for more details
Dang that sucks. Although I can't see Halo 5 with PCs and Xbox's playing against each other going over too well
Fishztikz wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Fishztikz wrote:
Dang that sucks. Although I can't see Halo 5 with PCs and Xbox's playing against each other going over too well
Yea bc keyboard dominates controller but it's not like it's Matchmaking!!
How about split screen, Is that part of the new custom game browser for console?
How about split screen, Is that part of the new custom game browser for console?
I remember them saying split screen wasn't going to work due to the strain on the engine. I doubt they will incorporate it now.
Can't wait, this is going to be great
Okay, I need to know something before I get my hopes crushed.

The way I see the custom games browser is that it's some kind of system where you can see custom games in progress and that you can join these custom games while in progress if they're set to open.

That's what it is, right? I mean, that better be what it is. I need this.

The way I see the custom games browser is that it's some kind of system where you can see custom games in progress and that you can join these custom games while in progress if they're set to open.

Basically. You'll see a list of lobbies you can join. You can choose based on whatever preference you'd like such as Ping, Gametype, Map, etc. and join in. Well, that's how most server browsers function so I'd imagine this will be similar.

Basically. You'll see a list of lobbies you can join. You can choose based on whatever preference you'd like such as Ping, Gametype, Map, etc. and join in. Well, that's how most server browsers function so I'd imagine this will be similar.
Gabe Newell would be so proud.

Omg, that's perfect! I really hope this is the case and not some stupid crap! Hopefully it releases soon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2