Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Damage and lag

OP Paarthurnaks

I noticed that the damage that weapons deal seems to be a bit erratic. I have seen all these videos about how many shots it takes to take someone down with this or that weapon. But I sometimes find myself grounded before I even hear five magnum shots. Is that a lag issue? And does the smart link add to damage? I know it's the case for the light rifle. I also noticed that the amount of damage dealt by a Spartan charge or the regular melee attack seems to differ. Just today I jumped up to where the grenades are on the Truth map (in Quick Play), there was a guy sitting there facing the other way, almost with his back to me. I punched him, assassination would work, he turned around, punched me back, and I was dead. These moments happen often and it is absolutely unclear to me, how much damage is dealt with certain attacks or weapons.
Maybe this clips makes it clearer. I would say that the lag is slight but enough to take me down before I even hear or see the five required magnum shots hitting me.

Lag Issue Slayer - Magnum 5 shots
Lag on this game can sometimes be so bad you'd have to see to believe it. I've been super man punched ( 1 hit melee kill ) God naded ( 1 frag kill) point blanked guys with shotties (x3) and not broke shields, reverse 5 shotted when i had them 1 shot and didnt miss after. 3 hitmarkers when 1 shot (this one blew my mind, legit thought it was 4 shots no shields to kill until i tested this.. lag been much more common than i thought i guess.. hell i even only broke someones shields hitting them point blank with a damn rail gun... we all seen the warping dragon ball z -Yoink- so i wont get into that crap. Probably best searching balanced/focused with people from your region.. tried doing it solo focused and was nightmare lag and no team balance :/
Lag on this game can sometimes be so bad you'd have to see to believe it. I've been super man punched ( 1 hit melee kill ) God naded ( 1 frag kill) point blanked guys with shotties (x3) and not broke shields, reverse 5 shotted when i had them 1 shot and didnt miss after. 3 hitmarkers when 1 shot (this one blew my mind, legit thought it was 4 shots no shields to kill until i tested this.. lag been much more common than i thought i guess.. hell i even only broke someones shields hitting them point blank with a damn rail gun... we all seen the warping dragon ball z -Yoink- so i wont get into that crap. Probably best searching balanced/focused with people from your region.. tried doing it solo focused and was nightmare lag and no team balance :/
Good to hear I’m not alone with that. Tried different search parameters but it’s hard or impossible to find games then.

The worst thing about lag is that it’s not you, it’s other players that have a bad connection and profit from it in the process.