Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Deacon Pipap and His Grunt Goblins

OP Grumpy Arbiter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So guys, what do you think of the Grunt Goblin? I was quite surprised when it was announced, but the idea is pretty awesome in my opinion.

The Grunt Goblin can be considered a Grunt version of the Mantis, but honestly, this new mech is wayyy cooler. And I love how it actually takes teamwork for it to go down. What I love even more is the things the Grunt Goblin says, it just reinforces my comedic perspective on the Grunts. Yesterday I had a few teammates with Wasps in the air, raining missles and gunfire down on Deacon Pipap while I was blasting the shielded cockpit with my Selene's Lance, and boy was that awesome (I was even able to turn it into a little machinima lol).

My final thoughts about the Goblin... It's amazing. What are your guys' experiences with the Grunt Goblin?
Lol I forgot there were deacon grunts.... I find it funny since my name in real life is Deacon. I haven't seen the goblin yet so eagerly awaiting to fight the alien version of myself.
He did have some pretty good lines. I spent most of my time in the matches I had him on just picking off his little helpers. We got either him or the other named Grunt-Bot down to just about 1% health but the timer ran out. Sooooo close.
I swear, those things need to burst into confetti when you kill them just for the added fun value.
Foehammer2 wrote:
He did have some pretty good lines. I spent most of my time in the matches I had him on just picking off his little helpers. We got either him or the other named Grunt-Bot down to just about 1% health but the timer ran out. Sooooo close.
I swear, those things need to burst into confetti when you kill them just for the added fun value.
This idea...why aren't we all backing this idea?!?!?
Foehammer2 wrote:
That would be kinda cool. Maybe have it be an aoe as well?
He shoots WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to many of those needler swarms, though he is a fun boss.

You're dead and i live FOREVER!!!
He shoots WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY to many of those needler swarms, though he is a fun boss.

Lol why did you change your GT? That's kinda funny.

Lol why did you change your GT? That's kinda funny.
Ah that's pretty great actually lol.
I think he'd be balanced if the red needles didn't target aircraft, because they're basically unavoidable, which is quite silly.
I won't lie. He is a fun boss to fight.
It's a funny grunt warden eternal.

Thats all really,
XenonnIRL wrote:
I think he'd be balanced if the red needles didn't target aircraft, because they're basically unavoidable, which is quite silly.
I usually distance myself with air vehicles (especially with the Wasp) as much as possible when it comes to fighting a Grunt Goblin. Rocks, cliff faces and other cover are your friend.
TBH the ad spawns are kind of ridiculous. Whenever I get done killing a group of 6 extremely annoying knights, another 6 immediately spawn in and wreck whatever vehicle I'm using. Not only that, but he has tons of health, can move very quickly from point to point, and his attacks do tons of damage AND seek/track players.
It was hard battling him the first time, I was laughing quite a bit. But make no mistake that grunt goblin is pretty bad -Yoink-, and he'll end you quickly!
TBH the ad spawns are kind of ridiculous. Whenever I get done killing a group of 6 extremely annoying knights, another 6 immediately spawn in and wreck whatever vehicle I'm using. Not only that, but he has tons of health, can move very quickly from point to point, and his attacks do tons of damage AND seek/track players.
You gotta coordinate with your group. Some folks should focus on the Knights while others focus on the Goblin.

Dont look at it as Knights respawning to annoy you. Look at it as Knights generously respawning so that you can max out your REQ energy, while your teammates take out Pipap, that way you can make short work of the hunters that spawn afterwards.
the goblin tank is a cool and fun boss to face, and it has some funny moments in there to
Pipap has waaayyy too many hitpoints imo
That needle barrage though... Took cover when playing when those things launched and next thing I know is that 5-6 randoms in the game are dead at my feet. Very exhilarating
The only cool boss in warzone itself. All the other bosses have no personality or humor, they all just have some boring lore behind them.
Foehammer2 wrote:
Good ol' grunt birthday party.....lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2