Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Dear 343 - Please read - Halo 5 Guardians

OP Mr Y0UNGBL00D

Dear 343,

Hey guys, gals, bots, and Spartans! Hope all is well and really looking forward to seeing all your work on Infinite.

Random longshot question/request;Could you please unlock some helmets for us faithful now that Infinite is almost ready?

Not asking for Achilles but the whale helmet and the daredevilish helmet would be a nice treat for us faithful.

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y
You can run customs overnight and meet the unlock requirements for Timmy within like 2-3 days.
I wanted the locker helmet, it never comes
Like has been said already, Timmy is still achievable by playing over 50 hours in customs.

the other helmet is specifically given to those who create a game map that’s featured by 343 in the rotation.

now there are some unlocks they could provide access to again:

The HCS Challenger armor and helmet

the brown AR 343 skin.

the unicorn fist pack with all 5 weapon skins

the word of mouth BR skin given to those who participated in the in store MS tournaments (since that’s not gonna happen again anytime soon).

Just to name a few.
Timmy is very easy to unlock, literally just clock 50 hours in custom games.
Yeah that is absolutely not going to happen I would not get your hopes up. I don't really agree with just handing things out either because that ruins the special nature of things.
HYv47 wrote:
Yeah that is absolutely not going to happen I would not get your hopes up. I don't really agree with just handing things out either because that ruins the special nature of things.
This is true. Items that are earned should remain earned. On the other hand, items given out to players who happened to be at the right place at the right time, are different. These items should remain available for the public to get, earn, buy, etc.

FOMO needs to stop. It’s not healthy for anyone.
So this will be an unpopular opinion, and I'm sure I'll get some hate mail (and that's fine... I don't really care)... but it's not so much FOMO as it is 343 not keeping up with the times. You have the Olive Helmet... which is awarded to people who make maps that make it into the game for the rest of us to play... but 343 isn't publishing any new content for H5 and hasn't for years... you have the weapon skins for matching with 343 staff during playdates, which is almost impossible for the majority of us and it's usually the same people every time. You have the seasonal based emblems from several years go, that someone just picking up the game will never have an opportunity to earn. Same with the HCS armors. There's also the lootbox stuffk which by the way, went out of business overnight and there are no Halo boxes anywhere (which is a shame as I'm sure there's still a demand for them). Now in no way am I saying they should be given out to everyone (there should still be some exclusivity to it). They could hide it in the microsoft store (like the boost packs currently are) or real money only, or for an obscene amount of RP (smarter people than me can come up with better solutions than me)... But I don't see a problem with finding a way to make them available for us completionists out there trying to unlock everything (same with the various HCS team skins that you can't find anymore). It's 6 years old and it's time to start treating it as such, there's no need to treat it as though it just came out. There are plenty of ways they could keep it exclusive, but still make them available to again... I know they won't... and it is what it is... but I don't see a problem with this. It's also worth noting how much hatred a lot of people have for this people, but will come rushing to 343's defense is situations like this...

Again, I'm not for handouts... but there's a way they could do this while keeping it exclusive... it just won't happen. 343 doesn't care about Halo 5.
Prewojo wrote:
So this will be an unpopular opinion, and I'm sure I'll get some hate mail (and that's fine... I don't really care)... but it's not so much FOMO as it is 343 not keeping up with the times. You have the Olive Helmet... which is awarded to people who make maps that make it into the game for the rest of us to play... but 343 isn't publishing any new content for H5 and hasn't for years... you have the weapon skins for matching with 343 staff during playdates, which is almost impossible for the majority of us and it's usually the same people every time. You have the seasonal based emblems from several years go, that someone just picking up the game will never have an opportunity to earn. Same with the HCS armors. There's also the lootbox stuffk which by the way, went out of business overnight and there are no Halo boxes anywhere (which is a shame as I'm sure there's still a demand for them). Now in no way am I saying they should be given out to everyone (there should still be some exclusivity to it). They could hide it in the microsoft store (like the boost packs currently are) or real money only, or for an obscene amount of RP (smarter people than me can come up with better solutions than me)... But I don't see a problem with finding a way to make them available for us completionists out there trying to unlock everything (same with the various HCS team skins that you can't find anymore). It's 6 years old and it's time to start treating it as such, there's no need to treat it as though it just came out. There are plenty of ways they could keep it exclusive, but still make them available to again... I know they won't... and it is what it is... but I don't see a problem with this. It's also worth noting how much hatred a lot of people have for this people, but will come rushing to 343's defense is situations like this...

Again, I'm not for handouts... but there's a way they could do this while keeping it exclusive... it just won't happen. 343 doesn't care about Halo 5.
Completely agree!
Lol, nah, gotta get them like everyone else.
Prewojo wrote:
same with the various HCS team skins that you can't find anymore
The HCS team skins are still available in the Microsoft store. You just can’t actually see them in game or through add one but if you search for them they’re still available for purchase.

Dear 343,

Hey guys, gals, bots, and Spartans! Hope all is well and really looking forward to seeing all your work on Infinite.

Random longshot question/request;Could you please unlock some helmets for us faithful now that Infinite is almost ready?

Not asking for Achilles but the whale helmet and the daredevilish helmet would be a nice treat for us faithful.

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y
The Timmy helmet (whale) is pretty easy to get, just 50 hours in custom games. It’s not locked behind any crazy barrier.

The Olive helmet (the daredevil/pig helmet) is gifted to those who made Forge maps that get out into matchmaking. That’s a exclusive reward for those players - I don’t think that should be handed out to everyone.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
The HCS team skins are still available in the Microsoft store. You just can’t actually see them in game or through add one but if you search for them they’re still available for purchase.

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y
The Timmy helmet (whale) is pretty easy to get, just 50 hours in custom games. It’s not locked behind any crazy barrier.

The Olive helmet (the daredevil/pig helmet) is gifted to those who made Forge maps that get out into matchmaking. That’s a exclusive reward for those players - I don’t think that should be handed out to everyone.
True, except, not the HCS Challenger Helmet and Armor.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y

True, except, not the HCS Challenger Helmet and Armor.
This is true, they were a limited time handout no?
If I remember correctly they were given out for watching HCS tournaments back in the day.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y

I know some of the HCS skins are available... but some... like OpTic Gaming isn't available without a redemption code... nor are one of the HCS armor sets (can't remember which ones)...

And I totally get the theory behind the Olive helmet... but my problem with that is, if 343 isn't be updating the game, then they should find another way to be able to give it out (exclusively of course)... the inability for me to unlock everything shouldn't hinge on when I play the game. Again, I agree it shouldn't be handed out to everyone (like true light or the christmas ones)... but they should have some way for us to earn it again...

My other issue is... they may not show up on my "in game" completion stats, but they definitely show up on Waypoint. So at this point, I'll never completely unlock everything, and with H5 not getting anymore updates or new content, and the population being what it is (and getting worse once Infinite comes out), I'd like to see them come up with a way for us completionists to be able to get them.

P.S. Haven't seen you in the forums in forever!! Good to see you here contributing to the conversation!!! :)
Prewojo wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y

I know some of the HCS skins are available... but some... like OpTic Gaming isn't available without a redemption code... nor are one of the HCS armor sets (can't remember which ones)...

And I totally get the theory behind the Olive helmet... but my problem with that is, if 343 isn't be updating the game, then they should find another way to be able to give it out (exclusively of course)... the inability for me to unlock everything shouldn't hinge on when I play the game. Again, I agree it shouldn't be handed out to everyone (like true light or the christmas ones)... but they should have some way for us to earn it again...

My other issue is... they may not show up on my "in game" completion stats, but they definitely show up on Waypoint. So at this point, I'll never completely unlock everything, and with H5 not getting anymore updates or new content, and the population being what it is (and getting worse once Infinite comes out), I'd like to see them come up with a way for us completionists to be able to get them.

P.S. Haven't seen you in the forums in forever!! Good to see you here contributing to the conversation!!! :)
Aye, I agree to some extent about Olive. I know a few people that have it but with Halo 5’s lack of meaningful updates I feel as if Olive could have been given out to more people - there’s a lot of good maps that just never got the light of day.

I guess the Ice & Fire Unicorn stuff is their way of rewarding players who contribute to the community with play dates and spotlight content and such.

I do wonder why Optic Gaming in particular became unavailable whilst the others are still around. Guess there may have been some kind of fall out perhaps?

And yes! Good to see you’re still around too.
Im usually lurking around in the Infinite & Insider forums haha. I’ve really fallen off the Halo 5 wagon lately.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y

Aye, I agree to some extent about Olive. I know a few people that have it but with Halo 5’s lack of meaningful updates I feel as if Olive could have been given out to more people - there’s a lot of good maps that just never got the light of day.

I guess the Ice & Fire Unicorn stuff is their way of rewarding players who contribute to the community with play dates and spotlight content and such.

I do wonder why Optic Gaming in particular became unavailable whilst the others are still around. Guess there may have been some kind of fall out perhaps?

Im usually lurking around in the Infinite & Insider forums haha. I’ve really fallen off the Halo 5 wagon lately.
Not sure about the Optic Gaming one either... and some of the others are hard to find as well. Some of them I noticed were traded for other "newer" teams... but still... should find a way to make those available.

The playdates are a struggle for me too. It seems like it's always the same people so I feel like I never have a chance to earn it. That being said, I can't remember which game it was (might not even be Halo but I thought it was) there was an achievement you could get being either matching against one of the developers or someone else who has... they could do it that way. It will take away from the exclusivity a bit (might take awhile)... but I think that'd be a good way to get it out there.

Not gonna lie... once I hit 152, I've really slacked off, but have stayed in the forums for others. I haven't dabbled too much in the Infinite threads yet, with a lot of things still up in the air and unknown, I find it best not to entertain speculation until we know something concrete. I'll probably head over there eventually once I can get my hands on a game/console... just thought I'd stick around here till the bitter end to help those last few spartans cross the finish line.
Prewojo wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Dear 343,

Worth a shot to ask.

-Mr.Y

Not sure about the Optic Gaming one either... and some of the others are hard to find as well. Some of them I noticed were traded for other "newer" teams... but still... should find a way to make those available.

The playdates are a struggle for me too. It seems like it's always the same people so I feel like I never have a chance to earn it. That being said, I can't remember which game it was (might not even be Halo but I thought it was) there was an achievement you could get being either matching against one of the developers or someone else who has... they could do it that way. It will take away from the exclusivity a bit (might take awhile)... but I think that'd be a good way to get it out there.

Not gonna lie... once I hit 152, I've really slacked off, but have stayed in the forums for others. I haven't dabbled too much in the Infinite threads yet, with a lot of things still up in the air and unknown, I find it best not to entertain speculation until we know something concrete. I'll probably head over there eventually once I can get my hands on a game/console... just thought I'd stick around here till the bitter end to help those last few spartans cross the finish line.
To be honest I only got matched on one of the play dates because my buddy lives within the same area to where 343i is based - having him host the match and stream gave us a big advantage into getting matched up. Since then I’ve never been able to match with them.
It’s a shame it’s not easier for people to get matched in, the Ice Unicron AR in Halo 5 looks so gorgeous.

I’m glad that 343i have allowed creators to start giving out codes for emblems in MCC, definitely opens the window of opportunity for players to get some cooler rewards.
I managed to get myself the Green Grassroots MCC emblem & BR skin for Halo 5. Don’t really see many people with it at all.

Yeah it’s a mixed bag really, there’s a lot of speculation and requests but I guess for me in particular having played the last Halo Infinite flight I’ve been able to form a bit more of a opinion on the game so I’m generally able to comment a bit more on it.
Trying to match up is yoinking difficult. The time delay in the stream, areas they search, players matching up against them multiple times, they start the count down and you have to start your search before they finish their count down because of the delay then something goes wrong on their end (teammate is banned) (they failed to initiate the search) (a teammate is idle) just to name a few. It’s really hard.
Prewojo wrote:

I understand your point but you say that 343 doesn't care about Halo 5. Why should they care? The game has been out for 6 years and Infinite is months away. People who haven't gotten stuff or are just getting in after 6 years I think are just out of luck.

And I really enjoy Halo 5 it's a good game in my opinion but Infinite will be a thousand times better. That's a game worth waiting for
HYv47 wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

I understand your point but you say that 343 doesn't care about Halo 5. Why should they care? The game has been out for 6 years and Infinite is months away. People who haven't gotten stuff or are just getting in after 6 years I think are just out of luck.

And I really enjoy Halo 5 it's a good game in my opinion but Infinite will be a thousand times better. That's a game worth waiting for
The real question is why shouldn't they? Plenty of gamers in the community have pointed out legitimate problems with the game that need fixing, but 343 refuses at this point to do anything about them. Instead (I haven't gotten to Infinite but don't worry I'm getting there), they'd rather focus on fixing/updating an older game that's nothing more than a collection of remakes of games that they inherited from another developer (which tells me a lot about how they really feel about their own properties). Again... I didn't say anything about handing it out to everyone who picked the game up late... there can still be some exclusivity to it... but they could still do something for the loyal players that are still playing it.

As far as your argument for Infinite... please explain to me where you found the data saying Infinite will be "a thousand times better". I haven't seen that anywhere. Players have their opinions about Infinite (I'm keeping mine to myself because I've found this community to be extremely sensitive to hearing an opinion that differs from their own). All I will say is that we don't know much for certain and really won't until the game releases and we get own hands on it. We don't know what Infinite's going to be until we get it... and from what 343 has even said, it won't be finished when they release it... definitely adds to their track record...