Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

"Defend the ___" Almost always means Game Over...

OP Codes 208

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Doesn't help that Prometheans can capture a base while I'm alive and inside of it.
The game thought you left the garage for some reason so they captured it.
It is only defending against Prometheans is the issues. It is an objective that is across the map and they can teleport right to it. That and the fact of how much ammo it takes to just kill one soldier is absurd. The only defend against Prometheans objective I have no problem is the Temple.
Codes 208 wrote:
This is an issue that is still seriously pissing me off about warzone firefight. And this issue seems more apparant on Darkstar and ARC, but the whole thing is this: The game starts, the armory is under attack right away almost as everyone is leaving the first base so it almost always has damage done to it as we get to it. And that's just on ARC, on Darkstar there have been times ON THE FIRST ROUND the armory all the way across the map is under attack and already takes 25% worth of damage to it's health by the time we get there, and then when we though that wasnt bad enough, round two starts and BAM! protect the armory ON THE OTHER SIDE from promethean forces!

Why!?
Why does this keep happening?!?

And it's not just the armories! On ARC especially we had several cases in the passed week were just after defending the first armory suddenly they expect us to defend a forerunner construct in the tunnel across the map that's immediately taking damage from a ton of promies who make pushing into the tunnel even harder than it should be. ON ROUND 2.

I get that Firefight mostly deprives of RNG, but this REALLY needs to be looked into.
Also, in a boss wave if there's a large group of enemies before we have to fight several wardens BECAUSE REASONS the timer should be increased after the first wave is killed.
Your team is just bad ... you or your teammates... but those objectives are not impossible, even if they are really tough.
Listen here :
  1. Escape from arc : you have time to go to the armory (round 1) before the covenants enter it if you rush it. And as soon as the round is done, I ALWAYS run to the tunnel where there MIGHT be the generators in round 2. If this is it, I arrive in time to fight the prometheans. I'm always the only one of my team, but I can slow the enemy enough for my teammates to backup me.
  2. Darkstar : Round 1 --> Rush to the armory ASAP. You will ALWAYS arrive before the covenants. Round 2 --> Same as Arc. Rush the armory as soon as the round 1 is done. You'll arrive in time.
Good luck spartan !
Happens like in the first three turns, because you have to face banshees, prometheans knights, and even phaetons. In the fourth turn you can deploy tanks and stuff.
I never mind the defend-from-the-Covenant objectives...but defending from the Prometheans SUCKS.
I Will have to Admit. What you say my friend. Is true. Every third round i always hear Defend. those are Sad days for me. I Do feel you. No really i do!
Just get a ghost and you win. Defend rounds are pretty easy in solo Que, so I'm sure group que makes it even easier. Haven't lost defend since the beta aside from two trolls who team killed till I kicked them.
It annoys me so much....when the objective spawns it's on the over side of the map already surrounded by enimes =_=
Codes 208 wrote:
promies
Can't say I've heard this one before. And I thought it was weird enough to hear commander Palmer say "covies"
Covies has actually been a term for a long time...
I never mind the defend-from-the-Covenant objectives...but defending from the Prometheans SUCKS.
Yeah I know man, soliders with cannons firing at it point plank range before you even reach it...not fun at all
Codes 208 wrote:
This is an issue that is still seriously pissing me off about warzone firefight. And this issue seems more apparant on Darkstar and ARC, but the whole thing is this: The game starts, the armory is under attack right away almost as everyone is leaving the first base so it almost always has damage done to it as we get to it. And that's just on ARC, on Darkstar there have been times ON THE FIRST ROUND the armory all the way across the map is under attack and already takes 25% worth of damage to it's health by the time we get there, and then when we though that wasnt bad enough, round two starts and BAM! protect the armory ON THE OTHER SIDE from promethean forces!

Why!?

And it's not just the armories! On ARC especially we had several cases in the passed week were just after defending the first armory suddenly they expect us to defend a forerunner construct in the tunnel across the map that's immediately taking damage from a ton of promies who make pushing into the tunnel even harder than it should be. ON ROUND 2.

I get that Firefight mostly deprives of RNG, but this REALLY needs to be looked into.
Also, in a boss wave if there's a large group of enemies before we have to fight several wardens BECAUSE REASONS the timer should be increased after the first wave is killed.
Defend the Armory on ARC's first round is like my favorite one.

• It's full of Covenant, which means they aren't popping up inside the base, they have to jump down and fight their way in.
  • There are no Jackal Snipers or Hunters, just Elites, Grunts, and standard Jackals
  • Infinite Storm Rifles, jury rig a Noob Combo by just spraying with the Storm Rifle and taking them down with a Pistol. If you do it right, you'll get every kill or assist.
I've gotten to REQ level 5 from that one round alone.
I always try and milk the first round when it's defend the armory on ARC. Best way to up Your req level in a hurry. The promethean one can be annoying, but 2 Warthogs parked inside with some players camped up top with a couple below makes that match go easier. Or the best method....just splatter them lol
Codes 208 wrote:
promies
Can't say I've heard this one before. And I thought it was weird enough to hear commander Palmer say "covies"
Covies has actually been a term for a long time...
I'm aware of that. But I still remember thinking it sounds silly, the first time I heard it
Just play Infected, its the only gamemode I've played so far and I've only gotten the game 2 weeks ago lmao.
Codes 208 wrote:

Why!?

I think there is a bug with the system when that happens. It's annoying.
This is a issue that needs to be fixed. They cant expect us to not be frustated when the game tells you to defend something halfway across the map, and by the time you get there, you basically lost.
Codes 208 wrote:
Codes 208 wrote:
promies
I believe its more of a fan term. I think I might of heard it in 5 "We've got Promies incoming!" Or something, but idk. People have been abbreviating them as this since after Halo 4 released. Or atleast I have on waypoint for years. I know I've heard covies before that and I always saw this as a nod towards that.
All I call Prometheans are 'promotions' because nearly every encounter with prometheans results in a higher req level, hence the name, promotions
Just another example of how broken firefight is
If it's called out on Urban it's GG
Codes 208 wrote:
promies
Haha whenever I play Battle of Noctus and hear that, I correct her with "Bunnies are assaulting our core". Makes my girlfriend laugh everytime.

PS: I have a bunny.
It is the most broken objective ever. It's almost impossible to achieve
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3