Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Defend the core almost impossible (mythic warzone)

OP l Lugamo l

I usually play warzone alone, these day I was playing a lot mythic warzone and every time we need to defend the core, we lost. There is any good strategy/vehicle/weapon to complete this objective?
l Lugamo l wrote:
I usually play warzone alone, these day I was playing a lot mythic warzone and every time we need to defend the core, we lost. There is any good strategy/vehicle/weapon to complete this objective?
Stay away from any weapon reqs, put on wheelman and waste your Hannibal/ Oni Mantis, and Hannibal/ Oni Scorpions. Stay away from Air vehicles as they are easy to shoot down since your shields don't come back unless you melee someone. Manis and Scorpions can both be used at long range especially the Hannibals. So you wont take that much damage. And the Onis are powerful. Sadly if your team doesn't have the reqs in Firefight, you won't even make it to round 5. And that is very true for mythic firefight.
Gold Wraiths Or Silver with the Armor mod
If it's the cores in the early rounds get a vehicle that can splatter like ghost or hog. If it's in the later rounds use a tank. Basically don't try to use weapons past round 1 since you die almost instantly
Saw is always a good bet because of rate of fire and ammo count, but really it just comes down to having enough good players all working together. Doesn't help that far too often good players tend to back out of games when it appears the game is being lost.
Wraiths with armor mod to increase vehicule health. Find a gunner with the mod as well if you can to further increase health.
Gold Wraiths Or Silver with the Armor mod
The Temple (Gold Wraith) fires much faster and moves more quickly.
The Ultra (Silver Wraith) Fires a more powerful mortar that releases a plasma like cluster bomb.
You could also try the Anti air wraith. It's mortar is traded for a set of fuel rod cannons, that has a greater fire rate and range (Although it overheats after a set of time)
Anti-air wraith with wheelman is pretty good.
Okay first of all , what map and round.........................
Okay first of all , what map and round.........................
All of them. Tanks and wraith will do the job with upgraded armor.
Best defense is to spawn a fast vehicle and run to the farthest enemy bace and capture it. You won't ever win the game defending core, and the odds are against you when not playing with your clan members to begin with.