Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Delete PVE gametype teamkilling already

OP MassDriverz

tldr version, got teamkilled in pve, shouldnt be possible, please fix (at least for H6)

just had another game where i was standing still inside a base defending it when suddenly I'm run over by an idiot driving a warthog with no gunner or passenger. He was just doing the absolute no-skilling idiot mode. And then, because I was killed and lost the survival that idiot beat me on the score.(I know technically score has a very minimal impact if anything, It still matters to some amount or else we wouldnt have scoring at all)

Like what?!?!??!!?`

If I am standing still inside a building and a person runs me over in a vehicle they should get no score, no xp and no RP for the entire game.. The anti social blobs gets the profit in the current scheme.

Heres the flip side though, and why i specified standing inside a building not moving, last night I was playing and I jumped out of a building and got myself run over. That was on me because i essentially walked into a highway. Just make players immune and do not impart any boosted push speeds or gimmicks. A person will slide off the front of a moving vehicle in order to avoid shoving players off a map, and a person cannot be moved faster than a given vehicles top speed.
It's a natural part of the game. Learn to communicate with your team more effectively and be aware to what your team is doing in your general vicinity. Other than that, all I can say is that it's a nature part of Halo...there has pretty much always been the risk of killing or getting killed by your teammates. It teaches you to not just shoot with reckless disregard as well as be aware to what is happening around you. Yea, it sucks that you do end up with the idiot who wants to just do feck all and ends up killing their teammates from time to time...but wanting the devs to remove a feature that's been in the game since Halo: CE that people have been dealing and managing with just fine this late in the series just because you've had a few bad run-ins with it is kinda pointless.
It teaches you to not just shoot with reckless disregard as well as be aware to what is happening around you.
What are you talking about? There is no friendly fire in any Warzone game mode. I can rain rockets and incineration canons on my teammates all day. It seems pretty silly that I can blast someone with an Oni Scorpion tank with 0 consequences, but if I happen to be driving the tank ever so slightly quick and they cross my path it ends up killing them. OP doesn't care about friendly fire in regular game modes, he is strictly concerned with firefight and that splattering teammates is ridiculous considering that most of the time its accidental. If friendly fire is pretty much non-existent in WZ why did they bother keeping splattering in.
This has been done to death. Even if those idiots couldn't splatter you, they'd still punt you across the map.

Do you want the vehicle to be destroyed by running into you?
Where were you standing? One thing I used to hate is when I was driving around in a vehicle, not my fault no one seems to want to gun in warthogs, so I would go for splatters or just get to a position to gun myself, but anyways I would hate when others would run around or even seem to hang out in main paths that are mostly for vehicles. I ran over quite a few, majority of time by accident, other players who just thing fighting in the middle of the road is a good idea. It's best to always try and position yourself not on main paths for vehicles.
Is frustrating the teamkilling of a lot of Spartan
This has been done to death. Even if those idiots couldn't splatter you, they'd still punt you across the map.

Do you want the vehicle to be destroyed by running into you?
this is why I feel the solution would be to have it so players just slide off vehicles. Like when you drive a tank and a person jumps on they tend to slip off the back unless they try hard to stay on. A player should just get nudged aside even if a vehicles if full speed boosting it should just displace the player. So like you are standing on a building scoped with a dmr shooting away and another player dives on you then boosts with a banshee hitting you directly centered on the nose of the vehicle. You would simply be displaced the distance, left or right, from the center of the banshee to where its wingtip would be. You'd lose your shot on the target but that is all, no boosting into players to fire them across the map, simply slide them sideways out of the way.

This prevents people shoving players off the map, unless its a player afking for ages (they cant, they get auto-booted), it prevents players from being killed by others who are playing in a terrible manner (vehicles inside buildings) and it prevents players from getting killed if they run out into traffic (like my example where i left out of a building blindly and was run over by someone merely driving to the next round)

but wanting the devs to remove a feature that's been in the game since Halo: CE that people have been dealing and managing with just fine this late in the series just because you've had a few bad run-ins with it is kinda pointless.
I agree, you are completely right there. Team killing has been a thing in halo since it was released, but these "pve" game modes such as firefight are relatively new/uncommon. Out of 7 Halo fps games on console to date only 3 have had a pve multiplayer gametype (aka firefight) - ODST, Reach and H5. I thoroughly agree that team killing and the costs it incurs is fine for the pvp types. However theres not really a precedent for it being the norm in pve. Consider also that ODST firefight had no vehicles at all, and reach firefight the vehicles were rare or not a thing at all. H5 with its reqs has endless streams of vehicles. They made scout hogs req 1 so players can get them out instantly on game start. Vehicles are a core of the game so they needed to factor those in from the outset, and that should include removing the ability to team kill in PVE with them
*Snip*
Consider also that ODST firefight had no vehicles at all, and reach firefight the vehicles were rare or not a thing at all.
Minor correction, ODST did have vehicles on at least one map (Lost Platoon). I'm not necessarily in favor or against this in Firefight, but I feel like an easier method to implement would be to simply remove all collision detection when players interact with one another. So, a vehicle would drive through another player rather than moving or touching them in any way.
tuhin94 wrote:
*Snip*
Consider also that ODST firefight had no vehicles at all, and reach firefight the vehicles were rare or not a thing at all.
Minor correction, ODST did have vehicles on at least one map (Lost Platoon). I'm not necessarily in favor or against this in Firefight, but I feel like an easier method to implement would be to simply remove all collision detection when players interact with one another. So, a vehicle would drive through another player rather than moving or touching them in any way.
aha, I barely played ODST firefight so I'm totally open to corrections there lol. Thanks for highlighting that one for me,

Yours is a good approach too, simple ghost mode for player driven vehicles when interacting with other players.