Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [deleted]

OP

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
That's a pretty silly thing to say. How can you "ruin" something you have no control over?
S 000 DeM wrote:
That's a pretty silly thing to say. How can you "ruin" something you have no control over?
Exactly. The devs made the game.
Naqser wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Delayed it? Do you think that they had the option to delay it? If they did why didnt they? It just ties back to there were problems with the development of the MCC and probably Halo 5. Why would they want to anger their player base? It just doesn't make sense. In Reach you also had armor lock. The Spartan abilities were their take on Halo in this modern society and gaming world. While I can understand that some people don't like them because they don't feel like Halo, if you were a developer you are obviously there to make a game, not copy and paste one. It would suck as a developer to just be doing someone else's work, you'd be a loser for not trying anything. Now I'm not trying to say that the Spartan abilities are great and perfect but they're sure not as bad as people make them out to be. How do you think Halo should've changed? Because it had to change at one point. Also bud, just because someone says something in the community, that something shouldn't be referred to as just what that person called it. You should say your words not theirs.
How did they not have the option? Halo Wars 2 got delayed a while back. Microsoft, the publisher, can delay the deadline all they want in order to ensure a more polished game.

Anger the player base? I think the player base would be more understanding and appreciative about a delay than getting a broken game early. I would happily have waited a year for MCC if it meant a polished proper game collection.
What if they weren't planning to release all 4 games? They Probably didn't have the option to do so, Microsoft probably pushed it on them. Again, maybe Microsoft learned from their mistake with the MCC, and delayed Halo Wars 2 to 2017, and Halo 6 to 2019. Dude, just like I said earlier, if 343 had the option to delay the MCC I'm pretty sure they would've. You guys are making them out to be lazy people that just didn't want to release a polished game. They already know that releasing an unpolished game would result horrendously, they're not stupid. There was obviously some behind the scenes stuff going on there.
I'm not really certain where you getting at with the four games stuff? Microsoft suddenly dropped the bomb that they want all Master Chief games ported to X1? Instead of just Halo 2? Without moving the deadline?

They probably did learn, though considering their long career as a publisher and the fact that you can learn from others' failures and success, I don't see it as anything to cheer over.

Nono, I am certainly not making them out to be lazy, it most certainly has to do with incompetence, management issues or misguided values regarding the competition, or a mixture of those.

As I said, Microsoft certainly had the option to postphone the release, they did have that option.

Lastly, do you think the player base would be more angry with a delayed functioning and proper release versus a broken release? Which one is the lesser of two "evils"? Because you certainly made it sound like the fanbase would be angry with a delay and happily take a broken game at the scheduled release date.
0
Hey Halo Community guess what!
Halo 4 currently has 2,000 more votes for backwards compatibility than Halo 3!
Yet the MCC matchmaking had rampant quitting when HCE, H4 & H2A won the vote (even though it was a uncommon occurrence).
I'll just make the generalized assumption that Halo 2/3 kids...well...are the culprit for more than their fair share of the blame.
1
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Delayed it? Do you think that they had the option to delay it? If they did why didnt they? It just ties back to there were problems with the development of the MCC and probably Halo 5. Why would they want to anger their player base? It just doesn't make sense. In Reach you also had armor lock. The Spartan abilities were their take on Halo in this modern society and gaming world. While I can understand that some people don't like them because they don't feel like Halo, if you were a developer you are obviously there to make a game, not copy and paste one. It would suck as a developer to just be doing someone else's work, you'd be a loser for not trying anything. Now I'm not trying to say that the Spartan abilities are great and perfect but they're sure not as bad as people make them out to be. How do you think Halo should've changed? Because it had to change at one point. Also bud, just because someone says something in the community, that something shouldn't be referred to as just what that person called it. You should say your words not theirs.
How did they not have the option? Halo Wars 2 got delayed a while back. Microsoft, the publisher, can delay the deadline all they want in order to ensure a more polished game.

Anger the player base? I think the player base would be more understanding and appreciative about a delay than getting a broken game early. I would happily have waited a year for MCC if it meant a polished proper game collection.
What if they weren't planning to release all 4 games? They Probably didn't have the option to do so, Microsoft probably pushed it on them. Again, maybe Microsoft learned from their mistake with the MCC, and delayed Halo Wars 2 to 2017, and Halo 6 to 2019. Dude, just like I said earlier, if 343 had the option to delay the MCC I'm pretty sure they would've. You guys are making them out to be lazy people that just didn't want to release a polished game. They already know that releasing an unpolished game would result horrendously, they're not stupid. There was obviously some behind the scenes stuff going on there.
I'm not really certain where you getting at with the four games stuff? Microsoft suddenly dropped the bomb that they want all Master Chief games ported to X1? Instead of just Halo 2? Without moving the deadline?

They probably did learn, though considering their long career as a publisher and the fact that you can learn from others' failures and success, I don't see it as anything to cheer over.

Nono, I am certainly not making them out to be lazy, it most certainly has to do with incompetence, management issues or misguided values regarding the competition, or a mixture of those.

As I said, Microsoft certainly had the option to postphone the release, they did have that option.

Lastly, do you think the player base would be more angry with a delayed functioning and proper release versus a broken release? Which one is the lesser of two "evils"? Because you certainly made it sound like the fanbase would be angry with a delay and happily take a broken game at the scheduled release date.
Oh my bad on angering the player base if it were delayed, that's not how I meant to put it. The community would be much better if it were delayed, I think I can say the same for Halo 5.
1
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo: Reach was an outstanding game packed with content and a level of customization that hasn't been seen in a Halo game since. Yes, it had it's flaws... but rather than just fix Reach's few mistakes, they made a whole bunch of new ones with unnecessary new additions and changes like custom loadouts, ordnance, lousy networking, and completely changing the art style.

But as bad Halo 4 was, Halo 5 is worse in more ways than one. The worst campaign in Halo history. More unnecessary changes and additions like reduced motion tracker range and Spartan Charge further upset the balance of multiplayer. Warzone is the pay-to-win game mode that nobody asked for. Firefight has been left out once again (Warzone Firefight doesn't count). The REQ system is garbage. Armor is unlocked randomly, and there is a deplorable excess of ugly throwaway armors like Seeker and Nomad with about a half-a-dozen reskins each. The game shipped in half-finished state, and the updates that have come since have done little to improve it. Finally, 343i continues to demonstrate they can't design a decent UI to save their lives.

Halo: Reach was the last game of the golden age of Halo. Halo 4 was the beginning of Halo's downfall, and with one failure after another- The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5: Guardians- I'm seriously doubting it can come back from this the way 343i has been carrying on.
0
-Yoink!- with this crap dude. Sorry, did we make a cliche storyline for chief?? NO, the whole am i robot crap was horrible. The Original plot was cool though. its 343's fault for not even looking into the issues. it's 343's fault to hire and make a crappy campaign, not add features that were supposed to be in the game, and removing things that made halo what HALO IS. stop defending 343 already they are frauds at this point they arnt halo fans and this is no longer halo. Just change the name already 343 or restart the whole series. F It... you guys are so uncreative you act like everything about halo is holding you guys back. just stop 343.
0
S 000 DeM wrote:
That's a pretty silly thing to say. How can you "ruin" something you have no control over?
Though I disagree with the OP I'm pretty sure I can find a way to crash a car without driving it.
0
Thought I disagree with the OP I'm pretty sure I can find a way to crash a car without driving it.
S 000 DeM wrote:
no control over

This post has been hidden.

0

This post has been hidden.

0

This post has been hidden.

0
What? We are not obligated to like what 343i puts out. Halo 4 was a fine game, but their 100% dedication to making relevant information only available outside of the games made it so that a lot of people didn't know what was going on. That's not good. Same thing for Halo 5, except this time even people that read/watched all the EU stuff were confused. It was bad. Really bad.

There is more wrong with Halo 5 than just the story too. A lack of content, continuation of a disliked art style, microtransactions, drastic changes to the gameplay, and more all led to a game that felt (and still feels in a couple of ways) like a half baked product.
0

This post has been hidden.

0
I would argue that the hardcore Halo 3 fanboys that treat Halo 3 like a perfect godly game are certainly a part of the problem. Not to mention the huge split in the community constantly caused by H3 mega fanboys or trolls on the 343 fanboy side too
0
Hey Halo Community guess what!
Halo 4 currently has 2,000 more votes for backwards compatibility than Halo 3!
Yet the MCC matchmaking had rampant quitting when HCE, H4 & H2A won the vote (even though it was a uncommon occurrence).
I'll just make the generalized assumption that Halo 2/3 kids...well...are the culprit for more than their fair share of the blame.
Yes the voting for the MCC just goes to show. I was constantly pissed off with Halo 3 fanboys voting for isolation over a much better map like Lockdown or Damnation in team slayer. And this wasn't a rare occurrence
0
Unknown wrote:
The whole thing about 343 changing the game last minute of chief actually going rogue to the Cortana crap....Is that true? I've heard it before but do we have any concrete evidence to support this? Besides the live action commercial and the Hunt the Truth thing?
I have a friend in 343 who confirmed it was changed last minute, but I don't fully believe it was from community backlash tbh...
Wow. That is ridiculous. Did he ever tell you the original story? Or did he even know it, in detail I mean?1
0
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11