1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Halo 2 would have lasted far longer if Bungie didn't close the XBL servers.

This post has been hidden.

Unknown wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Unknown wrote:

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Halo 2 would have lasted far longer if Bungie didn't close the XBL servers.
Yeah very true...
I remember hearing a record about some guy that kept is Xbox on Halo 2 long after the servers started being shut down.
Don't really remember how long he lasted, but eventually Bungie had to, uh, "forcefully" close his connection.

This post has been hidden.

To be honest iam glad they didn't kill chief I mean id hate the thought
Probably wanna do a few more paragraphs there. Also latenightgaming isn't something that people like to hear on waypoint.... it's a long story.
Yeah, people don't really have a complete opinion on the guy.
Spoiler:
Show
Probably wanna do a few more paragraphs there. Also latenightgaming isn't something that people like to hear on waypoint.... it's a long story.
Spoiler:
Show

Thank you fatal.
Spoiler:
Show

Thank you fatal.
Your welcome Ruthless
Unknown wrote:

No. Reach started the downward trend of Halo. Again, I have no idea where this forum gets its information from concerning Reach.
I agree 100% Reach is what started Halo downfall. There are many reasons for this, but one was the fact The Master Chief wasn't in it. I knew of 3 people alone who had no interest in Reach for that very reason.

I do disagree that Halo Reach had terrible story. I actually thought the story was one of if not the bright point of the game. I really liked how you played "The rookie" and made him yourself. Also the fact when you played it with friends, however you all looked like, that's how you looked in the games cut scenes, which I also felt were very well done. To me where Reach fail HARD, was the MP. It wasn't Halo at all anymore IMO. I still played it, but mainly only with friends and that's it.
Congratulations, you found the internet. but seriously this has happened and youre late to the party. Halo is dying again.

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Quote:
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap.
Hunt the Truth came out in March of 2015, I highly doubt 343 radically changed the story in 8 months.
I both agree and disagree with what you are saying. True the Halo 5 story us far from perfect and could have done without the Cortana stuff, but why should Chief have to go? Surely there must be some way to continue the story without him having to be taken out by any means.
Then. Fix. It.
Don't get blinded by what some youtuber says.
The community isn't in 343's board room meetings, nor are we involved in any creative decision they make. And we most definitely weren't involved in the story board meetings.

The only thing the community can voice is our opinions its up to 343 to hear them. Considering that they did add a unsc flying vehicle but no MP Elites, even after being asked year in and out in person and online, it tells me they're very selective.

If its anyone's fault for H5's downfalls its 343. I'm perfectly fine with 343 experimenting, for better or worse, that is a good thing. Im fine with 343 delaying things that should've been there at launch until its done, even if I've got to wait months. I'd rather take a finished product than a half yoinked one, so as long as they don't expect me to pay for it. These aren't bad things but lessons and foundations for what to and not to do. Now 343 could stand to listen to us more. They got 1000x better at talking to us keep that in mind.
Well I kinda agree with this however, I'm just absolutely sure that the community had a big impact on the story. They do listen to fans, for example they changed up the multiplayer completely from 4, they changed the story up, and made Halo 5 a lot different from 4 which shows that they do listen.
The moment i read "Late Night gaming" i stopped reading. I'll say this again. That guy is a manipulative ****. many of the things he stated have no evidence to them up, including a lot of the things stated here. however i do believe them, not because of him, but because they sound about right and about what happened. But not so that just the community ruined halo 5 but Microsoft and the community. Regardless be wary of what LNG says.
I really like Halo 5, so I guess I have nobody to thank but myself?
We don' good.
I'll just leave this here: Halo Rant
Was gonna say. Latenightgaming is basically feeding you bull****
The moment i read "Late Night gaming" i stopped reading. I'll say this again. That guy is a manipulative ****. many of the things he stated have no evidence to them up, including a lot of the things stated here. however i do believe them, not because of him, but because they sound about right and about what happened. But not so that just the community ruined halo 5 but Microsoft and the community. Regardless be wary of what LNG says.
I agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11