Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [deleted]

OP

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
Walrificus wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Halo 2 would have lasted far longer if Bungie didn't close the XBL servers.
that's a whole other topic there. Lol. You should make that a forum. What would Halo 2 be if the Servers were still up.
0
Onyx Rosa wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Halo 2 would have lasted far longer if Bungie didn't close the XBL servers.
that's a whole other topic there. Lol. You should make that a forum. What would Halo 2 be if the Servers were still up.
I imagine the population would be:
45% MLG players
45% people who can't afford an Xbox One
10% myth hunters investigating the ghost of Lockout
0
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Halo 4 was an experiment, not a strike. There are no strikes in the real world bro. The MCC, well there was obviously some background sh*t happening there, maybe not enough time im not sure. Do you really think that the people at 343 wanted to anger the player base? Do you think they are that stupid? It doesn't make any sense so obviously there was some problems there. The community does do a lot though man. Reach was better on progression system, customization, content and social features. However the one thing that killed Halo Reach was it's horrible gameplay. Whether or not you like Halo 5's gameplay, you just cant deny that it works, the gameplay is solid. They aren't armor abilities, they're Spartan abilities. The armor abilities destroyed map flow along with bloom creating multiple problems. Also, how can you say Halo 4 was a strike? Halo 4 was at least a great game. Good story, full content, splitscreen, good progression system, good customization, dailey weekly challenges. Halo 4 on paper is a better game than Reach! But it is true however, the multiplayer did have a couple of problems, but it was still decent.
0
Walrificus wrote:
Onyx Rosa wrote:
Walrificus wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Halo 2 would have lasted far longer if Bungie didn't close the XBL servers.
that's a whole other topic there. Lol. You should make that a forum. What would Halo 2 be if the Servers were still up.
I imagine the population would be:
45% MLG players
45% people who can't afford an Xbox One
10% myth hunters investigating the ghost of Lockout
Lol
1
If bungie still was doing Halo....what do you think would be pros and cons.
0
Quote:
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap.
Hunt the Truth came out in March of 2015, I highly doubt 343 radically changed the story in 8 months.
Last minute re-writes maybe? Miscommunication between marketing team and story narrative leaders? Idk I guess we can never know. When did you start Waypoint, you're Spartan Onyx which is pretty damn high. Anyways back to the subject, I don't think the story could've been too great either because of the lead writer, Brian Reed. His other pieces of not so good work didn't get reviewed well. So regardless, it could've had a good plot and everything but it most likely would've been executed poorly. That Chris Sclerf guy should've stayed for Halo 5 and the rest of Halo, but he left to Bungie. What an a*s.
1
Unknown wrote:
If you watch some of LateNightGaming's videos on youtube you would see a video about what halo 5 was supposed to be...

Im not here to just pound on 343 because they are a company in which I have a lot too say about with their work. Things I very much don't agree with if you've ever seen me post on here.

But here is what halo was supposed to be and why the community ruined the the Halo series...
First was the utter BASHING on Halo 4... Halo 5 was supposed to really continue on the Halo 4 story mode and be an AMAZING GAME!
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap. Like as a Halo fan who would get up at 8am and sit on my couch as a little kid playing Halo 2 over and over and that's all I wanted to do as a kid Halo and it's story was AMAZING!!! and Halo 5 seemed like an absolute beauty and then we got this...
Halo 5 would be you being Osiris running around to different planets looking for clues like ODST did and it sounded awesome and I with a lot of the community would have gotten so indulged in the gameplay of the campaign that we wouldn't even CARE. But since we got this story where we didn't have any connection to spartan ops or the previous Halo games like what??? Even if you made a game in relation to the spartan ops series boom MCC had spartan ops you could just go back and see well who are these new people and why are they the way they are. Makes sense. Or hey people from older Halo games are also Spartan IV's including the ODST team and Jun from Reach even being Spartan IV's so hey we could have had a nostalgic team of people we know and loved but 343 was so fearful of the backlash of continuing the Halo 4 story. Which honestly kinda make me sad to see 343 decided last minute to do this seeing as it's totally understandable seeing as 343 honestly in Halo 4 seemed like they just wanted to make a good game for everyone. Their hearts were in the right place but they just didn't have it right, we had hope for Halo 5 and it RUINED all hope and decimated everything we hoped for. the multiplayer aspect/campaign was just kinda lackluster. The multiplayer is just grinding for armor, grinding for armor and you don't have cr challenges, you don't have a purpose for playing anymore. Xp means nothing to anyone besides saying hey i'm SR152 woo...

Now Sorry for this long long rant but I myself and a devoted Halo fan with years of tenure with most people.
Multiplayer wise... People wanted more more more more

Now with more features 343 went in the wrong direction. With even being forced to implement the game killer itself... Microtransactions
They could have gone a different path. Like have the reach credit system and only had it for warzone related packs and unlocks.
Make armor purchasable and instead of color patters being so called "variants" make attachments.
Make Halo feel like Halo it's lost it's identity if you look at Call of Duty straight up rip off Halo bit by bit... Bring back the old art style the old sounds...
You have a game about forerunners and it doesn't even sound or feel like it fits anymore. Like I said 343 is a great company going in the wrong direction and I see people on the forums and in game complaining about this game being the killer of the series and I somewhat agree with that. Sadly I do....
Even the grunts don't look good. Just saying I wouldn't wanna have a party with them nor can I picture the new grunts having a grunt birthday party like on Halo 2. We lost the cute little grunt. Our elites act like brutes all mean and clunky when they are amazing prosperous alien beings.
The covenant weapons look more human styled when they are supposed to look more like alien weapons we lost the beams of energy on the guns they don't feel or fit in with how Halo should look.
343 should honestly not be trying to make Halo something it's not because it for the last decade shaped a community on the look, feel, and play style of how everything was SUPPOSED to be and what the fans knew and loved about the game seem to be vacating.

343 like I said you guys really do have potential and I hope you look at the Bungie vs 343 video on the developers. Bungie didn't push for these E3 reveals they didn't push for more more more even if it means cutting time/effort for things that mattered. Like the one Bungie dev said... "I want to make a cutscene that gives the player a reason to not skip over it" or even when one of them said "We don't act like our game is the best (like what 343 does at EVERY launch party or anything discussing the games they make) we just try our best to make a game that we ourselves love playing, and if we get on and get bored at any point even if it's 5 minutes in we fix it to make it the most fun experience for our players". I love Halo I get 343 wants to try new things, but the old styles are being forgotten and so are the old players, and community. The Halo community has because toxic compared to the old community. We are now either Bungie fans, 343 Fans, or the small group who try to appreciate both. We are split because 343 is trying to make Halo something it's just not. I love this game I appreciate 343 trying but you guys made H2A an amazing and I really mean AMAZING playing experience even fr multiplayer. The looks the feel everything about the remaster was just beautiful. We know as a community 343 can make good games if they try. We now feel cheated and going backward in progression for the series. Losing armor customization, losing elites, losing the art style, losing the story, and being forced to hop on this new train of thought a lot of people just don't want things to have the drastic changes and all the new flashy unnecessary additions to the game.
I wouldn't say the community ruined Halo but they had an impact. But thats still doesnt make it ok for them to not release full content or have a Req System. The Management of 343 must be sh*t, why would they take out splitscreen.
0
I wouldn't want to party with grunts either. I can't imagine them smelling too good.
0
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Halo 4 was an experiment, not a strike. There are no strikes in the real world bro. The MCC, well there was obviously some background sh*t happening there, maybe not enough time im not sure. Do you really think that the people at 343 wanted to anger the player base? Do you think they are that stupid? It doesn't make any sense so obviously there was some problems there. The community does do a lot though man. Reach was better on progression system, customization, content and social features. However the one thing that killed Halo Reach was it's horrible gameplay. Whether or not you like Halo 5's gameplay, you just cant deny that it works, the gameplay is solid. They aren't armor abilities, they're Spartan abilities. The armor abilities destroyed map flow along with bloom creating multiple problems. Also, how can you say Halo 4 was a strike? Halo 4 was at least a great game. Good story, full content, splitscreen, good progression system, good customization, dailey weekly challenges. Halo 4 on paper is a better game than Reach! But it is true however, the multiplayer did have a couple of problems, but it was still decent.
to many in the community its was a strike 1 in the multiplayer aspect,the arty style etc(mostly for gameplay reasons),heck go ask some pro players which halo is your least favorite halo,i know one player who on stream said"lets not even talk about halo 4".Whether or not it was 343 or MS if they wanted a working mcc game they should have delayed it or just made ce anniversary,h2 anniversary or h2 and h3,even if 343 knowingly did not want to make a bad game, it says 343 industries on the game cover which means they are developing the game,not ms,therefore they are responsible for the games launch!.They instead offered excuses and refused to mention the game for months.Halo 5s gameplay may work to some but it borrows from destiny, cod and titanfall so halo lost an aspect of classic gameplay which made it more unique.Now its become even more generic.They are armor abilities to me and many others. Masquerading as spartan abilities.In reach you had sprint, jetpack,in h5 you have sprint,thruster,slide,clamber,spartan charge,how is thats listening to what the community wants?The aspects of halo 4 which you mention near the end of your sentence shows whats missing in h5.Its not hard to know what the community wants when you have examples of great halo games,halo ce,h2,h3 halo reach and aspects of halo 4 in terms of modes features, n good distinction of ranked n social AT LAUNCH and all 343 could have done and can do is to see ok this worked in those games(excluding spartan abilities and the art style)and lets put this in the game.Would i have been fine without armor abilities in h4,yes,in halo 5 yes,the type of modes n features halo 5 should have launched with,yes.Heck i could have made halo 4,mcc and halo 5 better if if I was not controlled by higher ups, or even the community could have as a whole.Buts thats another tale.
2
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
No. Reach started the downward trend of Halo. Again, I have no idea where this forum gets its information from concerning Reach.
They get it from a strange wonderland paradise.
Also known as nostalgia and 343 hate.
Mostly 343 hate
0
Well H5 is by far the best Halo MP experience so idk what you are on about.
0
What you said about the story makes no sense. every game gets hate. Halo 2 had halo 2 sucks.com but Bungie continued its story line without changing it. 343 should have had the balls to stick with the original story not completely change it into something a lot worse. The community is only partially to blame.
2
Honestly I find the comic arc building up to Halo 5 much much more enjoyable than the Halo 5 campaign. by comic ark I mean the escalation comics.
1
I honestly never would have known these problems existed had I not come to Way Point for the first time a few months ago. I knew people complained about games. Their general dislikes and what have you but holy crap. I hear many people say "If we didn't say these things then how are they (343) going to know what to fix?" Yeah, I can see that but some are talking as if it's the death of a franchise. lol

With that said I don't think they ruined it necessarily. That's kind of harsh. People are opinionated no doubt and that's fine. I do think, however, some people complain just for the sake of complaining.
0
Quote:
If you watch some of LateNightGaming's videos on youtube you would see a video about what halo 5 was supposed to be...
There's no evidence. We don't know if what he said was true or not. I like LateNightGaming, but when people use this as an excuse to Halo 5's failures or what ruined Halo 5 it just doesn't make sense. I can to make a YouTube video and say that an ex-343i developer said this and that to me.
Quote:
But here is what halo was supposed to be and why the community ruined the the Halo series...
First was the utter BASHING on Halo 4... Halo 5 was supposed to really continue on the Halo 4 story mode and be an AMAZING GAME!
The bashing on Halo 4 was reasonable. I admit, the story and the characters was very well done. But the presentation was awful. People could easily get confused with what's going on. There are plenty of people who look at things with the bigger picture in mind, and the bigger picture of Halo 4 is eh (Master Chief & Cortana love story? I know that's not the case, but it's possible that people could look at it this way). Also, even if we bashed it, it doesn't mean it was a reasonable act from 343i to not continue Halo 4's story. Bungie continued Halo 2's story even though people bashed the -Yoink- out of it.

Another thing is a game isn't just the story. The gameplay for the campaign was tedious, frustrating and awful.

The multiplayer was utter crap and ultimately a disgrace. Keep that in mind too.

Finally for this section, even if they continued Halo 4's story, there's really no evidence that that would be amazing either. Remember, Brian Reed would still be the lead writer. Chris Schlerf left on his own will IIRC.

Quote:
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap. Like as a Halo fan who would get up at 8am and sit on my couch as a little kid playing Halo 2 over and over and that's all I wanted to do as a kid Halo and it's story was AMAZING!!! and Halo 5 seemed like an absolute beauty and then we got this...
Okay, firstly as I said above, this either just an assumption or a word that we have no evidence for.

What does Chief dying or being retired have to do with anything with him apparently going crazy? How do we know that this story of Chief going to be crazy being amazing? When did we even know about Chief retiring or dying?

What last minute? Any evidence for that? If we're talking about LNG, I was pretty sure he said something about 2 years or 1.5 years for writing Halo 5. That's not a bad amount of time, either way, it's not our fault they went through rewrites. The complaints were filled in since release. They should've known what they were going into.

We can't know if it was amazing. You can say one word, it may sound amazing. But what they're working on, is fitting a story with the gameplay and 4-8 hour campaign.

Quote:
Halo 5 would be you being Osiris running around to different planets looking for clues like ODST did and it sounded awesome and I with a lot of the community would have gotten so indulged in the gameplay of the campaign that we wouldn't even CARE. But since we got this story where we didn't have any connection to spartan ops or the previous Halo games like what??? Even if you made a game in relation to the spartan ops series boom MCC had spartan ops you could just go back and see well who are these new people and why are they the way they are. Makes sense. Or hey people from older Halo games are also Spartan IV's including the ODST team and Jun from Reach even being Spartan IV's so hey we could have had a nostalgic team of people we know and loved but 343 was so fearful of the backlash of continuing the Halo 4 story. Which honestly kinda make me sad to see 343 decided last minute to do this seeing as it's totally understandable seeing as 343 honestly in Halo 4 seemed like they just wanted to make a good game for everyone. Their hearts were in the right place but they just didn't have it right, we had hope for Halo 5 and it RUINED all hope and decimated everything we hoped for. the multiplayer aspect/campaign was just kinda lackluster. The multiplayer is just grinding for armor, grinding for armor and you don't have cr challenges, you don't have a purpose for playing anymore. Xp means nothing to anyone besides saying hey i'm SR152 woo...
No evidence for that either. All we got is LNG making claims in a YouTube video or in a Facebook post. Of course, the onus is on him to provide evidence, but he didn't. And IIRC, LNG stated in a Facebook post that this was fake.

They could've continued both continued Halo 4's story and fixed it's mistakes like Bungie did with Halo 3. It was their fault, not ours.

Quote:
Now with more features 343 went in the wrong direction. With even being forced to implement the game killer itself... Microtransactions
They could have gone a different path. Like have the reach credit system and only had it for warzone related packs and unlocks.
Firstly, Microtransactions aren't inherently bad. I don't like them generally, and I don't like them in Halo 5. You have to remember that making games in this day and age are harder and more costly. I'd look at Act Man's videos about the REQ system if I were 343i.

I'd make a system hybrid between unlocking through effort and the microtransaction system.

We didn't force 343i to make the REQ system. The Reach credit system wasn't flawless (I admit it was better than the REQ system) but it simply would be a -Yoink- if it was Warzone related.

Quote:
The covenant weapons look more human styled when they are supposed to look more like alien weapons we lost the beams of energy on the guns they don't feel or fit in with how Halo should look.
Aside from the Storm Rifle, the Covenant weapons look more Alien than ever.

Quote:
Too much hatred for Halo 4's direction and we got Halo 5 with no more customization and completely dependent on the lore (books alone) which most people do not read... Plus we would have had a game like Halo 4 but 343 said since we didn't want it we got a less than half fast game givin to us to hold us off until they could hopefully make Halo 6 a great game.
Yes, of course. Halo 4's direction was make Halo as much Call of Duty as possible. I'd -Yoinking!- go by myself and burn 343i if they continued with Ordinance drops, kill cams, loadouts, perks etc.

Halo 5's lackluster customization is 343i's fault.

Halo 4 suffers from the exact same problem with the lore and books.

Again, Halo 4 was terrible. It failed in almost every aspect aside from the story (remember the story and the campaign aren't the same thing) and gameplay.

Both the direction of Halo 4 and 5 is terrible.

Quote:
Seeing as the clan community alone making up the community which was until 2016 bigger than the Halo4/MCC community. I get my information for pur experience and you can ask anyone. Halo Reach was the last Halo with all the features that were supposed to be in Halo.
Halo: Reach is also the first Halo that strays away from the true Halo formula and also the first Halo with a mediocre/near terrible campaign.

TL;DR: We didn't ruin Halo. 343i and Microsoft are the ones ruining Halo.
2
Well H5 is by far the best Halo MP experience so idk what you are on about.
If missing content, gameplay that doesn't belong in Halo and cluster -Yoink- of bugs and issues is the best MP experience then yes.
2
Dont listen to that candy -Yoink-. If you do, take it with a giant grain of salt
1

This post has been hidden.

0
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
Sure, if you don't count h2.
3

This post has been hidden.

0
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11