4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11

This post has been hidden.

Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Halo 4 was an experiment, not a strike. There are no strikes in the real world bro. The MCC, well there was obviously some background sh*t happening there, maybe not enough time im not sure. Do you really think that the people at 343 wanted to anger the player base? Do you think they are that stupid? It doesn't make any sense so obviously there was some problems there. The community does do a lot though man. Reach was better on progression system, customization, content and social features. However the one thing that killed Halo Reach was it's horrible gameplay. Whether or not you like Halo 5's gameplay, you just cant deny that it works, the gameplay is solid. They aren't armor abilities, they're Spartan abilities. The armor abilities destroyed map flow along with bloom creating multiple problems. Also, how can you say Halo 4 was a strike? Halo 4 was at least a great game. Good story, full content, splitscreen, good progression system, good customization, dailey weekly challenges. Halo 4 on paper is a better game than Reach! But it is true however, the multiplayer did have a couple of problems, but it was still decent.
to many in the community its was a strike 1 in the multiplayer aspect,the arty style etc(mostly for gameplay reasons),heck go ask some pro players which halo is your least favorite halo,i know one player who on stream said"lets not even talk about halo 4".Whether or not it was 343 or MS if they wanted a working mcc game they should have delayed it or just made ce anniversary,h2 anniversary or h2 and h3,even if 343 knowingly did not want to make a bad game, it says 343 industries on the game cover which means they are developing the game,not ms,therefore they are responsible for the games launch!.They instead offered excuses and refused to mention the game for months.Halo 5s gameplay may work to some but it borrows from destiny, cod and titanfall so halo lost an aspect of classic gameplay which made it more unique.Now its become even more generic.They are armor abilities to me and many others. Masquerading as spartan abilities.In reach you had sprint, jetpack,in h5 you have sprint,thruster,slide,clamber,spartan charge,how is thats listening to what the community wants?The aspects of halo 4 which you mention near the end of your sentence shows whats missing in h5.Its not hard to know what the community wants when you have examples of great halo games,halo ce,h2,h3 halo reach and aspects of halo 4 in terms of modes features, n good distinction of ranked n social AT LAUNCH and all 343 could have done and can do is to see ok this worked in those games(excluding spartan abilities and the art style)and lets put this in the game.Would i have been fine without armor abilities in h4,yes,in halo 5 yes,the type of modes n features halo 5 should have launched with,yes.Heck i could have made halo 4,mcc and halo 5 better if if I was not controlled by higher ups, or even the community could have as a whole.Buts thats another tale.
Delayed it? Do you think that they had the option to delay it? If they did why didnt they? It just ties back to there were problems with the development of the MCC and probably Halo 5. Why would they want to anger their player base? It just doesn't make sense. In Reach you also had armor lock. The Spartan abilities were their take on Halo in this modern society and gaming world. While I can understand that some people don't like them because they don't feel like Halo, if you were a developer you are obviously there to make a game, not copy and paste one. It would suck as a developer to just be doing someone else's work, you'd be a loser for not trying anything. Now I'm not trying to say that the Spartan abilities are great and perfect but they're sure not as bad as people make them out to be. How do you think Halo should've changed? Because it had to change at one point. Also bud, just because someone says something in the community, that something shouldn't be referred to as just what that person called it. You should say your words not theirs.
Unknown wrote:
Well H5 is by far the best Halo MP experience so idk what you are on about.
If missing content, gameplay that doesn't belong in Halo and cluster -Yoink- of bugs and issues is the best MP experience then yes.
If 343 didn't add spartan charging and ground pound and made thrusters like Halo 4 where you could kill people while using thruster to get away half the time killing through walls lol, it would just make things so much smoother in talk of gameplay IMO.
Well idk, the gameplay is already solid and smooth IMO. I think removing Spartan Charge, and Ground Pound along with slide would be fine. Slide because what's the point of it, it just makes Halo feel more separated from the rest.

You know H5 came out before BO3 right? Just making sure.
tldr. the community did not perceive this installment of halo well, but that's definitely not the communities fault. in my opinion, each halo game is worse than the previous. sorry but public opinion is the best reflection of any product.
Probably wanna do a few more paragraphs there. Also latenightgaming isn't something that people like to hear on waypoint.... it's a long story.
Late night Gaming...... what a turd. I get frustrated everytime I hear that guy open his mouth. The very epitome of uninformed YouTube neanderthal that for one reason or another people listen to, whilst damaging their brains.
The Halo community has definitely been ruining the games rep for the last few years to be honest. It's especially ridiculous in Halo 5. Literally any popular Halo streamer at any time will have a huge collection of idiots in their chats talking -Yoink- about them/their playstyle (even though they're most likely pro or actually compete) and anytime someone makes a questionable play or loses a series in the HCS pro league, everyone immediately turns to cancer. There's no support anymore.
Probably wanna do a few more paragraphs there. Also latenightgaming isn't something that people like to hear on waypoint.... it's a long story.
Late night Gaming...... what a turd. I get frustrated everytime I hear that guy open his mouth. The very epitome of uninformed YouTube neanderthal that for one reason or another people listen to, whilst damaging their brains.
He seems to be a con man in the making. A good one at that. He's managed to create a small cult that will believe anything he says based on nothing at all.
What's the story?
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Delayed it? Do you think that they had the option to delay it? If they did why didnt they? It just ties back to there were problems with the development of the MCC and probably Halo 5. Why would they want to anger their player base? It just doesn't make sense. In Reach you also had armor lock. The Spartan abilities were their take on Halo in this modern society and gaming world. While I can understand that some people don't like them because they don't feel like Halo, if you were a developer you are obviously there to make a game, not copy and paste one. It would suck as a developer to just be doing someone else's work, you'd be a loser for not trying anything. Now I'm not trying to say that the Spartan abilities are great and perfect but they're sure not as bad as people make them out to be. How do you think Halo should've changed? Because it had to change at one point. Also bud, just because someone says something in the community, that something shouldn't be referred to as just what that person called it. You should say your words not theirs.
How did they not have the option? Halo Wars 2 got delayed a while back. Microsoft, the publisher, can delay the deadline all they want in order to ensure a more polished game.

Anger the player base? I think the player base would be more understanding and appreciative about a delay than getting a broken game early. I would happily have waited a year for MCC if it meant a polished proper game collection.
343i yes men ruined Halo so yes, I guess you could say the community ruined it.

Don't get blinded by what some youtuber says.
The community isn't in 343's board room meetings, nor are we involved in any creative decision they make. And we most definitely weren't involved in the story board meetings.

The only thing the community can voice is our opinions its up to 343 to hear them. Considering that they did add a unsc flying vehicle but no MP Elites, even after being asked year in and out in person and online, it tells me they're very selective.

If its anyone's fault for H5's downfalls its 343. I'm perfectly fine with 343 experimenting, for better or worse, that is a good thing. Im fine with 343 delaying things that should've been there at launch until its done, even if I've got to wait months. I'd rather take a finished product than a half yoinked one, so as long as they don't expect me to pay for it. These aren't bad things but lessons and foundations for what to and not to do. Now 343 could stand to listen to us more. They got 1000x better at talking to us keep that in mind.
They did listen to all those who bashed Halo 4 and that's why we have Halo 5. Now Halo 5 is trash (well most video games these days are... long lost is the time when games were actually any good) and that's all because of the Halo 4 Bashers.

Now with Halo 5 being clobbered with hate, you think they want to listen to us now? Geez if someone asked me to do something and than gave me crap for doing it... I wouldn't want to talk to them anymore.

it's true we the community destroyed Halo. All I want now is Halo Wars 2 and a Halo 3 Anniversary. That's it. I'm sick of this community and how toxic it is. I know for a fact (even watching the 343 vs Bungie video) that 343 Employees are arrogant and indifferent. And based upon that I wouldn't ever want those employees working for me in a million years.

343 needs to seriously fire over half the staff and hire on people that are confident yet humble and practical. I can't stand the arrogance coming from 343 employees because it tarnishes the companies reputation. (I got Business Administration so I know what I'm talking about here, I'm not hating or trashing I'm making an administrative statement here)

Yeah, 343 made mistakes, but I blame the community anarchy on the community itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11