3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
Naqser wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

Atleast Reach had the guise of being a side game but H4 tried to be a serious Halo game which was massive insult to anyone who loved the series on an MP level.
Halo 4's multiplayer sucked because it catered TOO much to cod players wanting to play halo and ignored the classic halo gameplay and have a even competiitive feel,It was barely anything competitive,halo mcc was a glitch/bugfest disaster which 343hyped fans for nothing only to have it being a wreck,and the fact that they never truly fixed mcc and since halo 5 came out they have basically ignored updating mcc in their blog posts,halo 5 lack content and core features at launch,343 adds reqs and mostly social stuff instead of having a good distinction and balance of social n ranked(competitive settings n playlists for HCS tourneys (AT Launch) even post launch we dont havent had updates to social n ranked playlists for months.halo 4 was 343's first strike,halo mcc was their 2nd, and halo 5 is their 3rd.Tom me 343 IS responsible for the divide,not the community.Halo is not dead,it has been declining.Reach is better than halo 5 is many aspects,just not the armor abilities which we still have in h5:(
Delayed it? Do you think that they had the option to delay it? If they did why didnt they? It just ties back to there were problems with the development of the MCC and probably Halo 5. Why would they want to anger their player base? It just doesn't make sense. In Reach you also had armor lock. The Spartan abilities were their take on Halo in this modern society and gaming world. While I can understand that some people don't like them because they don't feel like Halo, if you were a developer you are obviously there to make a game, not copy and paste one. It would suck as a developer to just be doing someone else's work, you'd be a loser for not trying anything. Now I'm not trying to say that the Spartan abilities are great and perfect but they're sure not as bad as people make them out to be. How do you think Halo should've changed? Because it had to change at one point. Also bud, just because someone says something in the community, that something shouldn't be referred to as just what that person called it. You should say your words not theirs.
How did they not have the option? Halo Wars 2 got delayed a while back. Microsoft, the publisher, can delay the deadline all they want in order to ensure a more polished game.

Anger the player base? I think the player base would be more understanding and appreciative about a delay than getting a broken game early. I would happily have waited a year for MCC if it meant a polished proper game collection.
What if they weren't planning to release all 4 games? They Probably didn't have the option to do so, Microsoft probably pushed it on them. Again, maybe Microsoft learned from their mistake with the MCC, and delayed Halo Wars 2 to 2017, and Halo 6 to 2019. Dude, just like I said earlier, if 343 had the option to delay the MCC I'm pretty sure they would've. You guys are making them out to be lazy people that just didn't want to release a polished game. They already know that releasing an unpolished game would result horrendously, they're not stupid. There was obviously some behind the scenes stuff going on there.
Unknown wrote:
343i yes men ruined Halo so yes, I guess you could say the community ruined it.
Is that some feminist crap? Men ruined Halo because if not I do not understand...
My comment wasn't directed for any sjw front. It was merely to illustrate how much Halo has been manipulated by microsoft into being nothing more than a hyper-competitive cash cow. the over-branding, the over-reliance on lore, the reqs. All of it is kind of bleeding us the fans dry and alienating a lot of communities in the process but they're not concerned about that. All they really care about is the req purchases from the credit card kids. And as for the your views above I am with you halo Reach looked and felt like a halo game (4 was good too in terms of story but 343i twists with unnecessary design changes kind of held it back)
I agree with the person above me.
Where are the audio files of Chief going crazy? Were they taken down, or is it on LNG's video?
Campaign sucked. Although halo 4's was pretty good
Don't get blinded by what some youtuber says.
The community isn't in 343's board room meetings, nor are we involved in any creative decision they make. And we most definitely weren't involved in the story board meetings.

The only thing the community can voice is our opinions its up to 343 to hear them. Considering that they did add a unsc flying vehicle but no MP Elites, even after being asked year in and out in person and online, it tells me they're very selective.

If its anyone's fault for H5's downfalls its 343. I'm perfectly fine with 343 experimenting, for better or worse, that is a good thing. Im fine with 343 delaying things that should've been there at launch until its done, even if I've got to wait months. I'd rather take a finished product than a half yoinked one, so as long as they don't expect me to pay for it. These aren't bad things but lessons and foundations for what to and not to do. Now 343 could stand to listen to us more. They got 1000x better at talking to us keep that in mind.
I'm going to assume that adding playable elites after launch would be much harder than adding a vehicle. The elites have different models, hit boxes, they'd have to make armor for the elites, plus it would screw up Warzone. For instance, people could get very confused it they see an enemy player and think its a boss elite, or vis versa.
damn. never realized that last minute switch.....would have been way better.
Plus, Jun is not a Spartan IV, he's a part of the recruiting program for it. Mixing two augmentations (S-III + S-IV) would probably kill Jun in an instant. And only Mickey, Buck, and Romeo, became Spartans and Mickey is in prison. Romeo's whereabouts are unknown, but who knows what Fireteam he is in.

This post has been hidden.

I guess the halo killer ended up being halo itself

Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
except for the fact that we have spartan IIIs on reach, which can easily be retconed i really dont see why ppl hate on reach's story so much.
I love the idea of bringing back previous characters like Jun etc.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

There are too many little kids that play and it's annoying
I don't like the way custom games is set up
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6