4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11
Halo 6 better be different
I dont like random reqs
Reach is still the multiplayer I've enjoyed the most out of any Halo game. Halo 3 is still the campaign I enjoy the most out of any Halo game. 4 and 5 have done nothing to dislodge those. All of my friends have gone back to playing Halo on their 360's (they dont want to play it on MCC), so I'm all alone kind of puttering along every couple of days on H5.

I loved Halo 4's campaign, yet disliked the multiplayer. I hate Halo 5's campaign, and am meh on the multiplayer (except forge. The forge is the best its ever been.) Halo 6 will be the first Halo game I don't pre-order, and thats a lot seeing as Halo 5 was the last game I gladly pre-ordered (I've since stopped pre-ordering entirely in hopes of pushing for more complete products at launch.) I just hope the Art style is reverted to be much closer to the old style (like less hunched-over/brutish Sangheili anatomy, More abdominal armor and less colored undersuit on Spartans, etc.) and there are more gametype options (including a classic no Spartan Abilities playlist(s)).
Unknown wrote:
Actually Bungie kicked itself in the nuts with Reach then 343i said.

"You what's amazing? Halo Reach, let's do that BUT SOMEHOW WORSE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"
Halo Reach was a great game besides the story honestly it easily has the longest lasting community besides Halo 3.
No. Reach started the downward trend of Halo. Again, I have no idea where this forum gets its information from concerning Reach.
Halo Reach was some of the most fun I have had playing a video game.
The story was awesome too, I loved Noble Team.

...but that's just my opinion.

This post has been hidden.

I'm going to assume that adding playable elites after launch would be much harder than adding a vehicle. The elites have different models, hit boxes, they'd have to make armor for the elites, plus it would screw up Warzone. For instance, people could get very confused it they see an enemy player and think its a boss elite, or vis versa.
Thing is they already got:
  • Models(Campaign/Multiplayer elites)
  • Set hitboxes for said elites
  • Animations for them holding every covenant gun.
  • Several sets of armor
While they would still need to adjust physics, and maybe add onto the models a way for them to do what spartans do, if that is even necessary(which I don't think it is), along with add in animations for using human vehicles and weapons, it isn't such a daunting task as if they were starting from scratch. Not saying its easy though.

Also, I cant see myself mistaking my teammate without a health bar above his head, with the gamertag RuthlessSkate for an A.I. boss.
Unknown wrote:
If you watch some of LateNightGaming's videos on youtube you would see a video about what halo 5 was supposed to be...

Im not here to just pound on 343 because they are a company in which I have a lot too say about with their work. Things I very much don't agree with if you've ever seen me post on here.

But here is what halo was supposed to be and why the community ruined the the Halo series...
First was the utter BASHING on Halo 4... Halo 5 was supposed to really continue on the Halo 4 story mode and be an AMAZING GAME!
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap. Like as a Halo fan who would get up at 8am and sit on my couch as a little kid playing Halo 2 over and over and that's all I wanted to do as a kid Halo and it's story was AMAZING!!! and Halo 5 seemed like an absolute beauty and then we got this...
Halo 5 would be you being Osiris running around to different planets looking for clues like ODST did and it sounded awesome and I with a lot of the community would have gotten so indulged in the gameplay of the campaign that we wouldn't even CARE. But since we got this story where we didn't have any connection to spartan ops or the previous Halo games like what??? Even if you made a game in relation to the spartan ops series boom MCC had spartan ops you could just go back and see well who are these new people and why are they the way they are. Makes sense. Or hey people from older Halo games are also Spartan IV's including the ODST team and Jun from Reach even being Spartan IV's so hey we could have had a nostalgic team of people we know and loved but 343 was so fearful of the backlash of continuing the Halo 4 story. Which honestly kinda make me sad to see 343 decided last minute to do this seeing as it's totally understandable seeing as 343 honestly in Halo 4 seemed like they just wanted to make a good game for everyone. Their hearts were in the right place but they just didn't have it right, we had hope for Halo 5 and it RUINED all hope and decimated everything we hoped for. the multiplayer aspect/campaign was just kinda lackluster. The multiplayer is just grinding for armor, grinding for armor and you don't have cr challenges, you don't have a purpose for playing anymore. Xp means nothing to anyone besides saying hey i'm SR152 woo...

Now Sorry for this long long rant but I myself and a devoted Halo fan with years of tenure with most people.
Multiplayer wise... People wanted more more more more

Now with more features 343 went in the wrong direction. With even being forced to implement the game killer itself... Microtransactions
They could have gone a different path. Like have the reach credit system and only had it for warzone related packs and unlocks.
Make armor purchasable and instead of color patters being so called "variants" make attachments.
Make Halo feel like Halo it's lost it's identity if you look at Call of Duty straight up rip off Halo bit by bit... Bring back the old art style the old sounds...
You have a game about forerunners and it doesn't even sound or feel like it fits anymore. Like I said 343 is a great company going in the wrong direction and I see people on the forums and in game complaining about this game being the killer of the series and I somewhat agree with that. Sadly I do....
Even the grunts don't look good. Just saying I wouldn't wanna have a party with them nor can I picture the new grunts having a grunt birthday party like on Halo 2. We lost the cute little grunt. Our elites act like brutes all mean and clunky when they are amazing prosperous alien beings.
The covenant weapons look more human styled when they are supposed to look more like alien weapons we lost the beams of energy on the guns they don't feel or fit in with how Halo should look.
343 should honestly not be trying to make Halo something it's not because it for the last decade shaped a community on the look, feel, and play style of how everything was SUPPOSED to be and what the fans knew and loved about the game seem to be vacating.

343 like I said you guys really do have potential and I hope you look at the Bungie vs 343 video on the developers. Bungie didn't push for these E3 reveals they didn't push for more more more even if it means cutting time/effort for things that mattered. Like the one Bungie dev said... "I want to make a cutscene that gives the player a reason to not skip over it" or even when one of them said "We don't act like our game is the best (like what 343 does at EVERY launch party or anything discussing the games they make) we just try our best to make a game that we ourselves love playing, and if we get on and get bored at any point even if it's 5 minutes in we fix it to make it the most fun experience for our players". I love Halo I get 343 wants to try new things, but the old styles are being forgotten and so are the old players, and community. The Halo community has because toxic compared to the old community. We are now either Bungie fans, 343 Fans, or the small group who try to appreciate both. We are split because 343 is trying to make Halo something it's just not. I love this game I appreciate 343 trying but you guys made H2A an amazing and I really mean AMAZING playing experience even fr multiplayer. The looks the feel everything about the remaster was just beautiful. We know as a community 343 can make good games if they try. We now feel cheated and going backward in progression for the series. Losing armor customization, losing elites, losing the art style, losing the story, and being forced to hop on this new train of thought a lot of people just don't want things to have the drastic changes and all the new flashy unnecessary additions to the game.
So it's our fault that they brought back cortana,killed off Jul mdama,made us fight 7 warden eternals,killed off the didact and black team in escalation,made elites seem weaker,created promethean vision and the shotgun boltshot......the community had some input,but 343 does what they want no matter the backlash so blaming the community as the reason halo is declining is just so wrong

Unknown wrote:
Plus, Jun is not a Spartan IV, he's a part of the recruiting program for it. Mixing two augmentations (S-III + S-IV) would probably kill Jun in an instant. And only Mickey, Buck, and Romeo, became Spartans and Mickey is in prison. Romeo's whereabouts are unknown, but who knows what Fireteam he is in.
Someone in the community here finally knows LORE
I DR HALSEY I is the master of lore on the forums. And still, where did you find the audio files of Chief going crazy and such?
Plus, Jun is not a Spartan IV, he's a part of the recruiting program for it. Mixing two augmentations (S-III + S-IV) would probably kill Jun in an instant. And only Mickey, Buck, and Romeo, became Spartans and Mickey is in prison. Romeo's whereabouts are unknown, but who knows what Fireteam he is in.
He already has the augmentations needed to operate mjolnir,he wouldn't need anything else
He already has the augmentations needed to operate mjolnir,he wouldn't need anything else
That, and I think he's just "retired" on being a full-armored Spartan.

"Spartans never die... they just retire..."

Unknown wrote:
Unknown wrote:
If you watch some of LateNightGaming's videos on youtube you would see a video about what halo 5 was supposed to be...

Im not here to just pound on 343 because they are a company in which I have a lot too say about with their work. Things I very much don't agree with if you've ever seen me post on here.

But here is what halo was supposed to be and why the community ruined the the Halo series...
First was the utter BASHING on Halo 4... Halo 5 was supposed to really continue on the Halo 4 story mode and be an AMAZING GAME!
Halo 5 was supposed to be how the info leading up to the to the release like the audio snipits and stuff and look as if Chief was going crazy. But since people cried over Chief dying or being retired, 343 was forced to change to game last minute literally last minute to this Cortana crap. Like as a Halo fan who would get up at 8am and sit on my couch as a little kid playing Halo 2 over and over and that's all I wanted to do as a kid Halo and it's story was AMAZING!!! and Halo 5 seemed like an absolute beauty and then we got this...
Halo 5 would be you being Osiris running around to different planets looking for clues like ODST did and it sounded awesome and I with a lot of the community would have gotten so indulged in the gameplay of the campaign that we wouldn't even CARE. But since we got this story where we didn't have any connection to spartan ops or the previous Halo games like what??? Even if you made a game in relation to the spartan ops series boom MCC had spartan ops you could just go back and see well who are these new people and why are they the way they are. Makes sense. Or hey people from older Halo games are also Spartan IV's including the ODST team and Jun from Reach even being Spartan IV's so hey we could have had a nostalgic team of people we know and loved but 343 was so fearful of the backlash of continuing the Halo 4 story. Which honestly kinda make me sad to see 343 decided last minute to do this seeing as it's totally understandable seeing as 343 honestly in Halo 4 seemed like they just wanted to make a good game for everyone. Their hearts were in the right place but they just didn't have it right, we had hope for Halo 5 and it RUINED all hope and decimated everything we hoped for. the multiplayer aspect/campaign was just kinda lackluster. The multiplayer is just grinding for armor, grinding for armor and you don't have cr challenges, you don't have a purpose for playing anymore. Xp means nothing to anyone besides saying hey i'm SR152 woo...

Now Sorry for this long long rant but I myself and a devoted Halo fan with years of tenure with most people.
Multiplayer wise... People wanted more more more more

Now with more features 343 went in the wrong direction. With even being forced to implement the game killer itself... Microtransactions
They could have gone a different path. Like have the reach credit system and only had it for warzone related packs and unlocks.
Make armor purchasable and instead of color patters being so called "variants" make attachments.
Make Halo feel like Halo it's lost it's identity if you look at Call of Duty straight up rip off Halo bit by bit... Bring back the old art style the old sounds...
You have a game about forerunners and it doesn't even sound or feel like it fits anymore. Like I said 343 is a great company going in the wrong direction and I see people on the forums and in game complaining about this game being the killer of the series and I somewhat agree with that. Sadly I do....
Even the grunts don't look good. Just saying I wouldn't wanna have a party with them nor can I picture the new grunts having a grunt birthday party like on Halo 2. We lost the cute little grunt. Our elites act like brutes all mean and clunky when they are amazing prosperous alien beings.
The covenant weapons look more human styled when they are supposed to look more like alien weapons we lost the beams of energy on the guns they don't feel or fit in with how Halo should look.
343 should honestly not be trying to make Halo something it's not because it for the last decade shaped a community on the look, feel, and play style of how everything was SUPPOSED to be and what the fans knew and loved about the game seem to be vacating.

343 like I said you guys really do have potential and I hope you look at the Bungie vs 343 video on the developers. Bungie didn't push for these E3 reveals they didn't push for more more more even if it means cutting time/effort for things that mattered. Like the one Bungie dev said... "I want to make a cutscene that gives the player a reason to not skip over it" or even when one of them said "We don't act like our game is the best (like what 343 does at EVERY launch party or anything discussing the games they make) we just try our best to make a game that we ourselves love playing, and if we get on and get bored at any point even if it's 5 minutes in we fix it to make it the most fun experience for our players". I love Halo I get 343 wants to try new things, but the old styles are being forgotten and so are the old players, and community. The Halo community has because toxic compared to the old community. We are now either Bungie fans, 343 Fans, or the small group who try to appreciate both. We are split because 343 is trying to make Halo something it's just not. I love this game I appreciate 343 trying but you guys made H2A an amazing and I really mean AMAZING playing experience even fr multiplayer. The looks the feel everything about the remaster was just beautiful. We know as a community 343 can make good games if they try. We now feel cheated and going backward in progression for the series. Losing armor customization, losing elites, losing the art style, losing the story, and being forced to hop on this new train of thought a lot of people just don't want things to have the drastic changes and all the new flashy unnecessary additions to the game.
So it's our fault that they brought back cortana,killed off Jul mdama,made us fight 7 warden eternals,killed off the didact and black team in escalation,made elites seem weaker,created promethean vision and the shotgun boltshot......the community had some input,but 343 does what they want no matter the backlash so blaming the community as the reason halo is declining is just so wrong
I'm not blaming the community and i'm not saying 343 ONLY listened to what the fans wanted or the fans made Halo 5 the way it was in specific you are going to extremes in what you're saying.
I'm not going to extremes,343 did that a long time ago....and might want to edit your thread name because it implies we are at fault for halo's decline and not 343
There seems to be a LOT of misinformation on this site, so let me clear some stuff up (and immediately get flamed for it.)

-Reach was a good game.
-Halo 4 was BAD. (Until people figured out how to mod custom games. Then it was worth tinkering with, at least.)
-Halo 5 is a little better than 4, but it took quite a few updates. (and still no offline Forge. WTH 343?)

If Halo 6 improves upon old mechanics, good for them.
The story will probably be trash, and until I see plans to give us the freedom and tools we need in forge, I have no plans of buying it.

Most people in this thread will still probably buy Halo 6, believing at least a little bit that it'll be as good as *insert Halo game they liked*.
That, and I think he's just "retired" on being a full-armored Spartan.

"Spartans never die... they just retire..."
He is retired,he is now exclusively a recruiter

Unknown wrote:
I'm going to assume that adding playable elites after launch would be much harder than adding a vehicle. The elites have different models, hit boxes, they'd have to make armor for the elites, plus it would screw up Warzone. For instance, people could get very confused it they see an enemy player and think its a boss elite, or vis versa.
  • Several sets of armor
While they would still need to adjust physics, and maybe add onto the models a way for them to do what spartans do, if that is even necessary(which I don't think it is), along with add in animations for using human vehicles and weapons, it isn't such a daunting task as if they were starting from scratch. Not saying its easy though.

Also, I cant see myself mistaking my teammate without a health bar above his head, with the gamertag RuthlessSkate for an A.I. boss.
Mixing a boss with another player elite??? WHAT? How could anyone even mix it up and how would it in anyway killing an elite(player) effect gameplay in warzone? What you're saying made no sense lol.

Elites wouldn't be insanely hard to implement in customs/Warzone seeing as they aren't competitive and wouldn't get backlash for being unfairly larger or whatever.
Putting playable Elites would be a bad idea for Halo 5 IMO. Go to one of those non-combat missions on Sanghelios and stand right next to the Arbiter or another Elite. They tower over you. Unless 343 pulls a Bungie and keeps them tall but gives them horrendous posture, then it may be somewhat equal. But on mixing up with AIs is possible. There are both Red and Blue AI Elites in Warzone. Unless they would be colored extremely different, like a much more juicy and colorful Red and Blue then that may decrease the chance of that happening. Even though Warzone is a casual gaming experience, it still needs fair balances. Elites have both advantages and disadvantages over Spartans so they would need to have certain balances to discuss and think out. Elites have more of a chance of returning in future games, not Halo 5.
Unknown wrote:
  • Several sets of armor

Mixing a boss with another player elite??? WHAT? How could anyone even mix it up and how would it in anyway killing an elite(player) effect gameplay in warzone? What you're saying made no sense lol.

Elites wouldn't be insanely hard to implement in customs/Warzone seeing as they aren't competitive and wouldn't get backlash for being unfairly larger or whatever.
Did you even read my post? I clearly said cant in the last sentence. If you're responding to the person I quoted than I understand, but if you're responding to me, I suggest you get some better glasses.

Also, I was telling the guy that they have enough materials to cut out more than half the work that goes into making elites playable.
Unknown wrote:
  • Several sets of armor

Putting playable Elites would be a bad idea for Halo 5 IMO. Go to one of those non-combat missions on Sanghelios and stand right next to the Arbiter or another Elite. They tower over you. Unless 343 pulls a Bungie and keeps them tall but gives them horrendous posture, then it may be somewhat equal. But on mixing up with AIs is possible. There are both Red and Blue AI Elites in Warzone. Unless they would be colored extremely different, like a much more juicy and colorful Red and Blue then that may decrease the chance of that happening. Even though Warzone is a casual gaming experience, it still needs fair balances. Elites have both advantages and disadvantages over Spartans so they would need to have certain balances to discuss and think out. Elites have more of a chance of returning in future games, not Halo 5.
How about they do a Halo Reach instead? Put them in social modes, but separate them in ranked. Not every mode needs to be balanced to the extreme. Also, as I stated before, a player clearly has their gamertag above their head, blue for teammate and red for enemy. If its an A.I. they got their name and their health bar above their head. That makes it virtually impossible to confuse the two unless you are sniping with a DMR.

But overall I agree, they have a better chance at coming in for Halo 6 or another Halo game, but for 5 its highly unlikely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11