[Locked] [deleted]

OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

This post has been hidden.

I hate this mechanic too tbh. It's more of a hindrance then anything else. Add that with your shields not recharging and you might as well take sprint out entirely.
Sprint is for travelling, not escape. That's why they added stopping power and non-regenerating shields while sprinting.

That's how it should be. Honestly I wish sprint didn't exist at all. It's fine for Arena I guess, since you'll want to keep your weapon up most of the time, but in BTB and Warzone it kinda makes vehicles less significant.
please go play halo 4.
I absolutely love that sprint dont recharge your shield, and i think its still too easy to use the thruster to hide behind a wall. I hate when im out gunning someone really bad and then they thrust away everytime they get shot.
No.

Sprint is for map movement, not running away from fights that you lost because your aim sucks. If you lose a fight you deserve to die, not run a marathon and hide.

Unknown wrote:
Sprint is for travelling, not escape. That's why they added stopping power and non-regenerating shields while sprinting.

That's how it should be. Honestly I wish sprint didn't exist at all. It's fine for Arena I guess, since you'll want to keep your weapon up most of the time, but in BTB and Warzone it kinda makes vehicles less significant.
Obviously, opinions are going to vary with this topic. But, it makes running away from any fight nearly impossible. I'm not sure how this makes the game better. Halo 2 and 3 are old games with old mechanics that don't exactly stand the test of time. Slow movement is the main reason. If there was one feature that I truly, truly loathe about this game, stopping power is it.
Okay, but that's a good thing.

If you're losing the fight you should be doing other things to try and escape or at least damage them for your teammates to clean up.

If you can easily escape fights then the combat would just drag on and on.

You shouldn't be sprinting away from someone as they are shooting (and hitting you). If you are so far away from cover that a booster thrust can't get you there, then you need to engage the shooter or simply die.

Don't get caught way out of cover in a position that you can't fight from and then blame the game mechanics.
Unknown wrote:
I absolutely love that sprint dont recharge your shield, and i think its still too easy to use the thruster to hide behind a wall. I hate when im out gunning someone really bad and then they thrust away everytime they get shot.
Stopping power is the inability to sprint when you're getting shot, unless you were already sprinting at max speed.
No.

Sprint is for map movement, not running away from fights that you lost because your aim sucks. If you lose a fight you deserve to die, not run a marathon and hide.
Why do you assume someone's aim sucks because they don't like a mechanic? How does this have anything to do with aim?
You run away from fights you're winning?

For the love of God, NO!

There is already enough of a chaotic and frantic pace in this game that detracts from pure gunfights. How much more obnoxious movement nonsense do you people need to detract from aiming and shooting?
Unknown wrote:
My problem is not running away from a one on one fight, but simply being punished HEAVILY for moving around without sprinting. I vastly preferred how it was in Halo 4, where you had more freedom with moving around, because stopping power would only slow down sprinting, not prevent it. In this game, if you're even somewhat caught in the open, it's auto-death. Not sure how this is fun to people...But, whatever. Guess I'm in the minority with this.
If you're caught in the open in any Halo you're dead. Sprinting isn't for getting away, that's thruster pack and there's a reason it has a cooldown.
Unknown wrote:

Obviously, opinions are going to vary with this topic. But, it makes running away from any fight nearly impossible. I'm not sure how this makes the game better. Halo 2 and 3 are old games with old mechanics that don't exactly stand the test of time. Slow movement is the main reason. If there was one feature that I truly, truly loathe about this game, stopping power is it.
these were actually games that requiered skill...
For the love of God, NO!

There is already enough of a chaotic and frantic pace in this game that detracts from pure gunfights. How much more obnoxious movement nonsense do you people need to detract from aiming and shooting?
Well I do agree that Halo 5 has way too much freedom of movement, but Halo is still more about that kind of thing than just straight up gunfights 24/7. That's for other shooters like CoD and Battlefield.
For the love of God, NO!

Well I do agree that Halo 5 has way too much freedom of movement, but Halo is still more about that kind of thing than just straight up gunfights 24/7. That's for other shooters like CoD and Battlefield.
I agree, I just don't think this is a step in the right direction.

Older Halo games, movement was about subtlety. Strafing, well-timed jumps, crouch-walking to strategic positions, etc.

I just feel like sprint and thrusters have aggressively replaced these things, and as a result, the pace is now too chaotic.
esnoox wrote:
Unknown wrote:

If this game doesn't require skill then why aren't you Champion #1 in all playlists?
esnoox wrote:
Unknown wrote:

If this game doesn't require skill then why aren't you Champion #1 in all playlists?
"I'm not a tryhard like them"
The balances they added to sprint are perfect. People shouldnt be able to constantly run away in the middle of losing a firefight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3