2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21
The things I hate with halo 5 is that anything that is tied to the classic gameplay feel Is taken away, and it makes halo seem like its trying to "forget its past".
Ramir3z77 wrote:
"You can't satisfy everyone so don't even bother attempting to satisfy anyone."

The cynicism directly coincides with Halo's decline in quality and the dilution of its identity.

Let's also keep pretending that classic fans are unwilling to compromise with each other on anything, and that they put their own idealistic nitpicking over the far more important larger picture of making a Halo game (even an imperfect one), that actually feels and plays like a Halo game should.
Quote:
There are much better arena shooters like DOOM or CS:GO
I'm just gonna be that guy and say CSGO isn't an arena shooter.
Totally agree with this.
The things I hate with halo 5 is that anything that is tied to the classic gameplay feel Is taken away, and it makes halo seem like its trying to "forget its past".
Or its evolving. Kinda happens when a series is 15 years old. Honestly I think Halo 5 is the best balance between old and new. I call this building off your past.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Or its evolving. Kinda happens when a series is 15 years old. Honestly I think Halo 5 is the best balance between old and new. I call this building off your past.
This isn't so much an evolution of classic Halo. I agree with kawaiikity10. This is less like building off of the series' past and more like taking the foundation the series already had built, tearing it down, and trying to build a new foundation that juts off in a different direction. We don't need a balance between old and new. If 343 wants to make "new", then don't make sequels to an old series.
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
This isn't so much an evolution of classic Halo. I agree with kawaiikity10. This is less like building off of the series' past and more like taking the foundation the series already had built, tearing it down, and trying to build a new foundation that juts off in a different direction. We don't need a balance between old and new. If 343 wants to make "new", then don't make sequels to an old series.
Well I for one am very happy to continue to play Halo. Nothing was torn down. Things have been added to create options and styles of gameplay. That's evolution. This series has been great and each game has had an experience that i've been able to enjoy. Sorry your so close minded about your gaming. Perhaps you can find something else you enjoy more and can contribute to that community.
Unknown wrote:
Why everyone thinks Halo 5 is bad...

Well for starters if you notice the story was Osiris heavy being that its an introduction of Osiris Team, more importantly Spartan IV's for a main role, without having a main Halo title without Chief.
Think of Halo 4/5 as filler games like Halo Reach/ODST being different perspectives on what is happening with the universe. Without those games lets be honest most people wouldnt know Buck's Team or even Noble team existed.

Why the story "sucked" was because it was trying another perception of the eyes of Fireteam Osiris instread of Blue team.
Im sure there is a reason Hunt The Truth had basically nothing to do with Halo 5 in my opinion.

So being that and the updates ending in June 343 im guessing is moving everyone off Halo 5 to work on the development of Halo 6. More or less Halo 4/5/MCC being test games to get a better finished product. Seeing mass hate for the decisions made in halo 4/5 trying to compromise with players from different parts of the community rather than just competitive, and humans to maybe sangheilis and what not and bring the old and new styles together for a continuation of the Halo rings with the filler games not putting a gigantic gap in the story from halo 3-6

So anyone who doesnt like Halo 4/5 maybe with the primary effort of Halo 6's release (hopefully not an unfinished game like before) everything might be right.
Maybe you have reason.
There many new players in the saga of halo. Therefore they are not as familiar with the story.
It would not be strange that in a future out a game that talks about how the conflict began in humans and covenant, or not .... a game of the early years as master chief spartan. Anything can happen with the number of characters with which tells the saga of Halo.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Well I for one am very happy to continue to play Halo. Nothing was torn down. Things have been added to create options and styles of gameplay. That's evolution. This series has been great and each game has had an experience that i've been able to enjoy. Sorry your so close minded about your gaming. Perhaps you can find something else you enjoy more and can contribute to that community.
I appreciate your suggestion, but I'll continue contributing to this community and continue pushing for 343 to start making Halo games that play more like the classics.
The only problem that Halo 5 had/has is a lack of multiplayer content at launch and an iffy campaign. The core gameplay is incredibly satisfying, much more so than Reach and 4 ever were. 5's gameplay is exactly where Halo should be two games after 3; what sucks is that to get to this point, 343i had to roll back a lot of features that were introduced in Reach and 4, rather than the gameplay having progressed from features in those two titles.

So now everybody has equal starts, a universal set of Spartan abilities to master rather than loadouts and perks to unlock, and the core Arena modes focus on controlling the map and the weapons that spawn on it. Hopefully whenever they start working on Halo 6, 343i concentrates on tweaking 5's features slightly and then focuses on getting game modes ready for launch.
zRiggsZ wrote:
halo 5 had a pathetic story worse than halo 4, the multiplayer isnt as bad as halo 4 but still isnt classic halo
That's because it's -Yoinking!- halo 5! It isnt supposed to be "classic Halo"! Not 1, not 2, not 3, not reach, 5. get the hell over it and let the game advance
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
I appreciate your suggestion, but I'll continue contributing to this community and continue pushing for 343 to start making Halo games that play more like the classics.
Well I hope your efforts fail. I remember the multiplayer disaster that was Halo 3. To a point I stopped playing entirely. Every successive game since I've spent more and more time playing in multiplayer. I love the direction its going and hope that narrow minded purists fall off each day. Then maybe you can all go to the bar and talk about the 'good old days' while the rest of us have fun with the current iteration.
People always hate the new games when they come out, i initially hated Halo 4 when it came out but after the story play through and watching a few terminal videos i realized that the change is for the best , halo 5 was a welcome sight and the story line encompasses the split story of Halo 2 and the NPC team dynamics of Halo reach and ODST while still allowing us to play as the Original main character in my opinion its a good all rounder and with free DLCs who can complain. bungie fanboys who believe that 343 is Halo Satan, i want to see how the keep the games going and see how the story ends if it ever does .
The only problem that Halo 5 had/has is a lack of multiplayer content at launch and an iffy campaign. The core gameplay is incredibly satisfying, much more so than Reach and 4 ever were. 5's gameplay is exactly where Halo should be two games after 3; what sucks is that to get to this point, 343i had to roll back a lot of features that were introduced in Reach and 4, rather than the gameplay having progressed from features in those two titles.

So now everybody has equal starts, a universal set of Spartan abilities to master rather than loadouts and perks to unlock, and the core Arena modes focus on controlling the map and the weapons that spawn on it. Hopefully whenever they start working on Halo 6, 343i concentrates on tweaking 5's features slightly and then focuses on getting game modes ready for launch.
Well said. I agree with this 100%.
Halo 5 should be called Star Trek 5 maybe. It's not Halo. It's a completely new franchise.
its an okay game
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Well I hope your efforts fail. I remember the multiplayer disaster that was Halo 3. To a point I stopped playing entirely. Every successive game since I've spent more and more time playing in multiplayer. I love the direction its going and hope that narrow minded purists fall off each day. Then maybe you can all go to the bar and talk about the 'good old days' while the rest of us have fun with the current iteration.
Wow, just wow.... see, this is what's wrong with this community.... people like this. Just because his views are different then yours doesn't mean "he should leave" I've seen Willko a good amount on here and we don't always agree on things but I would never tell him or anyone else to "go away" just because his views are different then mine.

One person suggests they don't like halo 5 as much (he never said he hates every aspect of the game) and the other person just tells them to "go away" or say they are a purists because why? They don't like certain things in Halo 5? Unreal!!! Again, he never said he HATED the game and every aspect of it.

Also If halo 3 was such a "disaster" why was halo the most popular with it then, then at any other time in Halos life span!!! In Sales, Main stream popularity, everything! and it was just as popular with us normal casual players as it was with the MLG community. So tell me how it was a "Disaster" again?? Both worlds seemed to like it quite a bit. So maybe you didn't like Halo 3, but majority of people did.

Also I don't hate halo 5 at all, and I like some things 343I have done, but not everything. Not by a long shot. To me Halo 5 is a 7 out of a 10. Maybe a 8 when all the updates are done.... but that's part of the problem with Halo 5. Releasing a game with little content and expecting people to care when they bring something out 1,3 or even 6 months later when in past games it was there off the bat or shortly after.... but anyways.
Halo 5 is a great game
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
I think we all remember the disaster that was Halo 3. How it sold worse than the previous two games, that it was the worst reviewed game in the series and how the MP population plummeted to a franchise low just within the first couple months of release.

Yep. Dark days that I certainly do not want to remember.
I agree, hopefully with the failing COD community we can gain some new members to play halo
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
I think we all remember the disaster that was Halo 3. How it sold worse than the previous two games, that it was the worst reviewed game in the series and how the MP population plummeted to a franchise low just within the first couple months of release.

Yep. Dark days that I certainly do not want to remember.
I personally don't remember Halo 3 plummeting, but I didn't start playing Halo until late in Halo 3's lifespan. I do remember, however, that Halo 4's population almost immediately dropped, and I believe after like the first month of release, there were always more players playing Reach each day.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21