Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Did they REALLY Eff Up the BR? - Halo 5

OP JakeisCake04

Did 343i actually destroy the BR?
In my opinion, yes. Yes they did. This is because of the new kick the gun has worse accuracy, especially from long and far-mid range fights. The Magnum practically takes the role of the BR. Actually the Magnum takes the role of practically all precision weapons. The Carbine and Light Rifle are fine on their own. The Light Rifle destroys anyone using the Magnum. Maybe next post that'll be a topic... Anyways what are your opinions?
Unity
Did 343i actually destroy the BR?In my opinion, yes. Yes they did. This is because of the new kick the gun has worse accuracy, especially from long and far-mid range fights. The Magnum practically takes the role of the BR. Actually the Magnum takes the role of practically all precision weapons. The Carbine and Light Rifle are fine on their own. The Light Rifle destroys anyone using the Magnum. Maybe next post that'll be a topic... Anyways what are your opinions?
Unity
This dead horse has been sufficiently beaten.
Did 343i actually destroy the BR?In my opinion, yes. Yes they did. This is because of the new kick the gun has worse accuracy, especially from long and far-mid range fights. The Magnum practically takes the role of the BR. Actually the Magnum takes the role of practically all precision weapons. The Carbine and Light Rifle are fine on their own. The Light Rifle destroys anyone using the Magnum. Maybe next post that'll be a topic... Anyways what are your opinions?
Unity
This dead horse has been sufficiently beaten.
Yes, but I was curious if it helped with balancing.
Unity
I wouldn’t say 343i messed up the BR specifically but I think they definitely made the magnum more powerful than it needed to be which effectively made the BR very redundant considering you spawn with a magnum at all times.
They never did get the H5BR right IMO. It's probably the worse BR of them all really.
Unity
Hi Jake,
Waypoint has a search function, I'm sure you can find multiple posts on this matter, for what it's worth though I'm not a fan of the new BR.
Im guessing they decided they didnt want to Halo 4 it and make the BR a god gun that a literal pickle could dominate with. As someone using the BR a tonne I find it works great against spartans and AI but requires more effort against spartans than was previously necessary. For what its worth it makes the DMR and Sniper stand out as longer ranged alternatives whilst the Magnums and BR are close to medium ranged at most.

I would take this over Halo 4, is all im saying
Conor5017 wrote:
Unity
Hi Jake,
Waypoint has a search function, I'm sure you can find multiple posts on this matter, for what it's worth though I'm not a fan of the new BR.
Yeah same...