Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

DMR lvl to high?

OP marcoa0331

Anyone else thing that the lvl to unlock the DMR is to high? I have 2 lvl 8 DMRs and by the time i can take them out the match is almost close to ending. It isn't a power weapon so why is it so high! I think you should be able to use it at lvl 4 or 5 maybe even 3 so it can be the same as the BR
the normal one can be used at lvl 6 which i don't think is too bad you just have to get lucky and unlock it first
I was lucky enough to get the regular DMR, some of the level 8 DMRS do not live up to their level 8 req level.
I think the DMR and halo 2 battle rifle should trade places cause halo 2 battle rifle is way to low
Reason that the base DMR is so high level is to keep more of the long range combat down towards beginning of the match.
DMR's are very effective at the end of Warzone games. I think 6 is acceptable
I usually hit req 9 when our team is at 600. No biggie for me.
Eh, I somewhat agree, I mean.. by the time I can use it I usually just stick with my BR. Maybe it should be brought down one level.
marcoa0331 wrote:
Anyone else thing that the lvl to unlock the DMR is to high? I have 2 lvl 8 DMRs and by the time i can take them out the match is almost close to ending. It isn't a power weapon so why is it so high! I think you should be able to use it at lvl 4 or 5 maybe even 3 so it can be the same as the BR
Base level DMR is 6. I think it is fine where it is.
git gud?
In Warzone it is good but i usually play Warzone assault and Firefight in which the matches don't really last as long. Also i was referring to the lvl 8 one not 6.
It's that high because it's a powerful long ranged weapon and with the bayonets it's an instant melee. So if it was lower people could pick off lower skilled players from a far grab an os or camo rush a base and literally beat the crap out of anyone inside so it's fair for being so high.
It's that high because it's a powerful long ranged weapon and with the bayonets it's an instant melee. So if it was lower people could pick off lower skilled players from a far grab an os or camo rush a base and literally beat the crap out of anyone inside so it's fair for being so high.
I see your point. I just liked how in Halo Reach it was your basic weapon and now it's a bit diffcult to unlock, didn't get my DMRs until lvl 50+.
Because in reach it was basically your br. Since reach never had a br bungie had to fill the spot of a precision weapon start so the dmr took its place and wasn't as strong as it was in halo 5. I see what you mean about it being high but if it was dropped then all the dmr would need moved and would chmahe the way warzone is played a lot.
I don't use the DMR. I just hate it. One match I was using my DMR and SMG, both weapons were out(I was on the outside of an enemy controlled monument)so I picked up a BR, and just killed everyone. I use 2 BRs, currently Extra Magazine and COG. The thing is, if you want a DMR(espicially a recon sight)use a magnum.
huh i usually have 9 reqs by the end of round 3 or middle round 4 in WZFF as for warzone i don't touch it take to long warzon assault 8 is my norm trust me as a player since the game came out be happy the dmr is not a legendary req it was ultra rare the standard till the infinity's armory update i had the dmr from November 12, 2015 but the dmr is a precision weapon and i strong one at first its hard to earn when i first started playing it was a effort to get 5 reqs now i usually get 7,8,9 reqs by the end so dont worry you'll improve it will get easier.
I think the levels for the DMR are fine. The default one is extremely effective and the higher tiers ones border on power weapon status.

I suppose they could lower the recon variants as the removal of the higher zoom scope brings them down compared to the other variants.
DMR levels are perfect where they are at. They shouldn't be moved.
The Sentinel variants of the DMR are beast, so IMO those need to stay where they are at. It's like the icing on the cake for me paired with the Halo 2 BR
They are fine where they are. As others have said, it would unbalance the sandbox.