Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

DMR needs to be a lower REQ level

OP AssumedArmy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The DMR has always been overpriced, even from the beginning. With the BR being REQ 3, the DMR should have never been above REQ 4. And yet, after all of the REQ updates and the Tuning Test that made the DMR worthless outside of Sniper Rifle range, it still sits at: REQ 6?! WHY?!
And that doesn't even mention the fact that the DMR is far too rare. Not only is it the only Rare base Load out weapon, it's drop rate is even lower, making it almost impossible to get.

343, this needs to be fixed. The DMR needs to be REQ 4 at highest, and possibly relegated to an uncommon as well.
I agree. The DMR is NOT equivalent to the sniper rifle and so does NOT deserve such high req level. It's what makes me never use the COG SMG, the fact that it is(or was, don't know if that was fixed) a level 6 req, unlike the rest of the sights, which are only level 4. They have got to bring it down to level 4, minimum.
REQ 4 at the highest?! I don't want bayonets out that early!
REQ level 6 is fine considering nothing below level 5 competes with the range the DMR has. I mean, unless you just like being picked off from halfway across the map in the early game, then sure, they can lower the DMR's REQ level.
REQ level 6 is fine considering nothing below level 5 competes with the range the DMR has. I mean, unless you just like being picked off from halfway across the map in the early game, then sure, they can lower the DMR's REQ level.
The sentinel BR with the long barrel, available at level 5, is just as effective at cross-mapping as the regular DMR, not to mention the various power weapons you can use at very long ranges, for instance, the railgun and Spartan laser, available at level 4, their faster-shooting variations at level 5. There's plenty of cross-mapping weapons available before level 6, so there's no reason for the DMR to be a level 6 req.
The DMR is well-suited for higher REQs and as a rare unlock because it leads to stale gameplay. Warzone was so much more fun before DMRs became the norm when req 6 rolls around.

From what I've observed, DMRs lead to the team with more bases playing super defensively with DMRs, picking enemies off as they try to get out of their only armory.

So while you say lower the REQ level and make it more common, I would genuinely be pleased with its removal from Warzone or perhaps converting it to a single user REQ card like the light rifle. To each their own!
The sentinel BR with the long barrel, available at level 5, is just as effective at cross-mapping as the regular DMR, not to mention the various power weapons you can use at very long ranges, for instance, the railgun and Spartan laser, available at level 4, their faster-shooting variations at level 5. There's plenty of cross-mapping weapons available before level 6, so there's no reason for the DMR to be a level 6 req.
Like I said, nothing below level 5 competes with the range the DMR has. The Long Barrel Sentinel BR doesn't fall into that category. And I wasn't really considering power weapons, but if people are taking out Railguns and Spartan Lasers primarily to shoot people at super-long distances, then I suppose you have a point. But you know what? If it means getting the Long Barrel DMR at REQ level 6, I'm all for the DMR's level being bumped down to 4. This thread has talked me into this change :D
Limeshake wrote:
All bayonets are REQ 8. I was talking about the Longshot, Recon, Hybrid, Morph, COG, and Sentinel DMRs being REQ 4. The range doesn't really make up for its uselessness in any capacity besides a discount sniper rifle.
finally other people are noticing this
I wouldn't mind seeing maybe just a couple of the base DMRs lowered to 5.
LethalQ wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing maybe just a couple of the base DMRs lowered to 5.
As long as it's the basic scope dmr.

We can use a carbine early, why not a bad scope dmr 2 levels later.
I wish Warzone Turbo came back. By the time you're req level 8, you barely get any playtime with the DMR, Energy & Knight blade.
REQ 6 is too high, and REQ 4 is too low.
I'd settle with a REQ 5 drop though. Could prove extremely useful on maps like Apex 7, Noctus, and Darkstar if you play your cards right.
Maps are big enough, and it's a long time length between bases. It works very well as a sniper on those maps. Although by the time you get the DMR at REQ 6, those Banshees from REQ 5 and Wasps at REQ 4 will be slaughtering you.
Limeshake wrote:
All bayonets are REQ 8. I was talking about the Longshot, Recon, Hybrid, Morph, COG, and Sentinel DMRs being REQ 4. The range doesn't really make up for its uselessness in any capacity besides a discount sniper rifle.
The DMR isn't useless outside of sniper range now, you probably just can't shoot very well with it. Before the update I always ended up using the extended mag DMR and kinetic bolt DMR and destroyed people. After the update, I still use both of them and still wreck people at all ranges. The weapon does feel a little different, but it's still extremely effective.
In level 5 its fine?
DcsealCMB wrote:
I wish Warzone Turbo came back. By the time you're req level 8, you barely get any playtime with the DMR, Energy & Knight blade.
The Knight Blades are especially underrated. Since they're not OHK weapons compared to the Energy Bayonets, they should be available at Level 7. You'd still benefit from the lunge bonus and melee damage (again, not a OHK), and serves as a nice medium before you get the Bayonets.
I'm fine with it's req level. If everyone has a dmr near the beginning then it will make for a campy style of gameplay since it's weak at close range.
I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. Even after all the weapon tuning, the DMR is still very useful against people regardless of what weapon they use. I personally feel that if it's REQ 6, it should stay there. Besides, we don't need a thread entitled "Warzone = DMRzone" now do we?

If it aint broken, don't try to fix it
Yep at least lvl 5 its no where near as good after the weapon tune definitely not as fun to use
I agree why can't we get basic variants earlier then level 6 that's too high at 5 is more than ample!!!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2