Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

DMR needs to be a lower REQ level

OP AssumedHax

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'd would settle for all DMR variants to be 1 REQ level less e.g. base DMR REQ lvl 5, DMR with Silencer REQ lvl 6 etc etc. execpt for Bayonet of course!
JC00795 wrote:
Yep at least lvl 5 its no where near as good after the weapon tune definitely not as fun to use
At least it's consistent, unlike the post-update H5 BR...
HaXoR73 wrote:
JC00795 wrote:
Yep at least lvl 5 its no where near as good after the weapon tune definitely not as fun to use
Yep that thing is horrible everyone using the tac mag now and h2br exclusively in warzone
HaXoR73 wrote:
JC00795 wrote:
Only consistency I've found with the new DMR is that it will consistently miss.
basic dmr should start at level 3
It also needs to be way more common. It takes forever to get even the basic DMR out of a REQ pack.
Let the recon sight on the dmr be req level 4 or 5 it has less rrr in ads and has less aim assist the an the h2 br and let the standard be 5 or 6
The DMR is well-suited for higher REQs and as a rare unlock because it leads to stale gameplay. Warzone was so much more fun before DMRs became the norm when req 6 rolls around.

From what I've observed, DMRs lead to the team with more bases playing super defensively with DMRs, picking enemies off as they try to get out of their only armory.

So while you say lower the REQ level and make it more common, I would genuinely be pleased with its removal from Warzone or perhaps converting it to a single user REQ card like the light rifle. To each their own!
The only real fun I had in warzone was during launch when it glitched out and no one could access reqs. Everyone has an ar and magnum. I never enjoyed a game mode more in my life. Then everyone got op weapons and I gave up on it
I like it being priced high tbh. It just spreads out combat very quickly once both teams hit level 6 because the the shots are so fast and yet unlike the BR, the damage isn't spread out in a long burst. Some people are comparing the level 6 value to that of a sniper rifle but it's more than that. You can spawn with it for the rest of the game. 4 is definitely too soon, even for the basic variants. If you do that, the BR is going to get little time to shine in matches. It will be underutilized by players like the AR is, though for different reasons, obviously. I think the earliest they should be available is level 5 or 6.

And that's another thing, we have 9 req levels and Warzone is meant to take a while. If anything they should probably leave the DMR where it is, push the pistols back to level 2, and swap the BR and the SMG's availability so people are more encouraged to grind a bit with the automatics and play aggressively in the early stages. Right now it's just so biased towards precision weapons right from the the get go. Everyone switches to the pistol right away from my experience.
AssumedHax wrote:
It also needs to be way more common. It takes forever to get even the basic DMR out of a REQ pack.
Why do you want everyone to have a DMR? Why do you want the combat to spread out into long-range engagements? It's so dull.
I like it being priced high tbh. It just spreads out combat very quickly once both teams hit level 6 because the the shots are so fast and yet unlike the BR, the damage isn't spread out in a long burst. Some people are comparing the level 6 value to that of a sniper rifle but it's more than that. You can spawn with it for the rest of the game. 4 is definitely too soon, even for the basic variants. If you do that, the BR is going to get little time to shine in matches. It will be underutilized by players like the AR is, though for different reasons, obviously. I think the earliest they should be available is level 5 or 6.

And that's another thing, we have 9 req levels and Warzone is meant to take a while. If anything they should probably leave the DMR where it is, push the pistols back to level 2, and swap the BR and the SMG's availability so people are more encouraged to grind a bit with the automatics and play aggressively in the early stages. Right now it's just so biased towards precision weapons right from the the get go. Everyone switches to the pistol right away from my experience.
Exactly. The only way DMR works at a lower REQ level is if it functions like the lightrifle and is something you have limited quantities of, and doesn't refill ammo at REQ stations.
I'd be happy with DMR being five reqs
Level 5 would be a good start for the basic models.
I don't even bother with the DMR. At req level 6 if I want to long range kill it's sniper hands down. 1 hit kill...
AssumedHax wrote:
Why do you want everyone to have a DMR? Why do you want the combat to spread out into long-range engagements? It's so dull.

Exactly. The only way DMR works at a lower REQ level is if it functions like the lightrifle and is something you have limited quantities of, and doesn't refill ammo at REQ stations.
The DMR is not a god-REQ. I only use it at REQ 6 because it's another weapon to use. The BR is far better in an overall capacity, and while the vertical kickback has messed up scoped-in BR engagements, a BR with Stabilization Jets wipes out the kick and is my favorite long-range loadout REQ.

With the AR functioning as it does now, it is far more viable than it was. A Magnum might still take down an AR straight-up, but an AR user with any skill advantage over the Magnum user can still take them down pretty quick. Nonetheless, this is intriguing.
AssumedHax wrote:

With the AR functioning as it does now, it is far more viable than it was. A Magnum might still take down an AR straight-up, but an AR user with any skill advantage over the Magnum user can still take them down pretty quick. Nonetheless, this is intriguing.
I agree, the AR feels more powerful than it used to be. But yea, I would like it to be a little more structured in that way haha.
AssumedHax wrote:
AssumedHax wrote:

The DMR is not a god-REQ. I only use it at REQ 6 because it's another weapon to use. The BR is far better in an overall capacity, and while the vertical kickback has messed up scoped-in BR engagements, a BR with Stabilization Jets wipes out the kick and is my favorite long-range loadout REQ.
I never claimed it was a god-REQ. I claimed it leads to dull gameplay by furthering the effective engagement range.
I never use the thing. The H2BR is my go to.
Nooga wrote:
I never use the thing. The H2BR is my go to.
If I could get my hands on the card, I would never put it down.
not even for a bayonet
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2