Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Do fine in Warzone, but not arena

OP Lupinthrope

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
idk what it is, maybe i'm more relaxed or maybe just going against all the mlg "pros" in arena, but I do a hella lot better in Warzone with gun play and over all performance
I am th exact opposite most of the time I do rubbish in warzone
Ikr ; I went on a "perfect kill" spree with a pistol in war zone. And then in arena my aim just died. And sometimes it's the complete opposite of it.
I do better in Arena too but still can't get a consistent team who want to rank up in there so still Warzoning it. Most the guys here in Australia seem to be playing a couple of tags and I'm sure some of them are deliberately ranking down in Arena just to play easier opponents.
Jakaals wrote:
Ikr ; I went on a "perfect kill" spree with a pistol in war zone. And then in arena my aim just died. And sometimes it's the complete opposite of it.
I've read others having this issue too, maybe its a server thing
I die equally well in Warzone as I do in Arena. Thank you very much.
rayau wrote:
I die equally well in Warzone as I do in Arena. Thank you very much.
Honesty XD
I do worse on the maps I play the least. They just happen to be arena maps
Arena is meant to be more competitive. Warzone is basically social slayer, on huuugggeee maps where you get to start with your favorite guns. And use vehicles and power ups on demand. It should be easier.
Bonappy wrote:
Arena is meant to be more competitive. Warzone is basically social slayer, on huuugggeee maps where you get to start with your favorite guns. And use vehicles and power ups on demand. It should be easier.
Unless your favourite gun happens to be an DMR which you only own an REQ 8 variant of...
Bonappy wrote:
Unless your favourite gun happens to be an DMR which you only own an REQ 8 variant of...
yeaaaaaa that too lol. I was lucky enough to get a req 6 one...eventually
idk what it is, maybe i'm more relaxed or maybe just going against all the mlg "pros" in arena, but I do a hella lot better in Warzone with gun play and over all performance
Weird...for me it's the opposite because Warzone is heavily unbalanced, most of the people playing just seem to get anything they want without putting much skill skill into the mode, most of the time it feels like most people are just camping. Arena just seems easier at times but the hit restrictions seems broken at times like giving me a double kill after shooting 1 person or a person dieing 5-10 seconds later after being shot by my dmr after I've been killed.
Git gud scrub kid
Arena has no REQS, so no weapon spawn choice, no armour mods, no Boosts, and no vehicles.

(Arguably) it requires more skill because you can't rely on REQs to provide certain advantages (like spawning with a better weapon, spawning with increased shield regeneration, etc)

The playing field is exactly even (or supposed to be).

But someone may have a different perspective...
ronnie42 wrote:
... like giving me a double kill after shooting 1 person or a person dieing 5-10 seconds later after being shot by my dmr after I've been killed.
Probably a result of accidental friendly frags or shooting.

As you probably know - but I'll say anyway - once an enemy player has been shot and damaged by you, if their team mate (the enemy) shoots/frags them, it will not count as a team kill but as a kill for you.
ronnie42 wrote:
... like giving me a double kill after shooting 1 person or a person dieing 5-10 seconds later after being shot by my dmr after I've been killed.

As you probably know - but I'll say anyway - once an enemy player has been shot and damaged by you, if their team mate (the enemy) shoots/frags them, it will not count as a team kill but as a kill for you.
Not really accidental frag from me, I know when I'm throwing grenades. I've literally seen this happen a few times and the 2nd enemy was nowhere to be seen, in some cases it's the same person I just killed.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Not really accidental frag from me, I know when I'm throwing grenades. I've literally seen this happen a few times and the 2nd enemy was nowhere to be seen, in some cases it's the same person I just killed.
Obviously not from you. I mean an enemy accidentally friendly firing/fragging their own teammate (an enemy killing an enemy teammate, after you've already damaged them some).

Also, if you damage an enemy without killing them, if they accidentally kill themselves (fall off the map, frag themselves) it will still count as your kill.

Try watching your matches in theater mode to see what really happened in those situations. I've never seen one that couldn't be explained.
Bonappy wrote:
/thread
Arena has no REQS, so no weapon spawn choice, no armour mods, no Boosts, and no vehicles.

(Arguably) it requires more skill because you can't rely on REQs to provide certain advantages (like spawning with a better weapon, spawning with increased shield regeneration, etc)

The playing field is exactly even (or supposed to be).

But someone may have a different perspective...
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Obviously not from you. I mean an enemy accidentally friendly firing/fragging their own teammate (an enemy killing an enemy teammate, after you've already damaged them some).

Also, if you damage an enemy without killing them, if they accidentally kill themselves (fall off the map, frag themselves) it will still count as your kill.

Try watching your matches in theater mode to see what really happened in those situations. I've never seen one that couldn't be explained.
I understand the accidental fire but when there's literally nobody in front anywhere except the one I'm shooting in front with a dmr and yet still getting a double kill over the same person in the game that I just killed makes little sense. I'm not saying someone took a little bit of damage, it happens mainly happens to be on the same person that I just killed. It's not overly common bug but I've seen it happen a few times in BTB only.

Though I've had plenty of double kills by grenades, even enemy's getting into their friends fire but I saw none of that with what I've seen in the weird glitch.

As for theatre mode I've heard that's slightly off anyway due to the lag or something since it's probably best to not rely on that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2