Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Do people still play Halo 5?

OP AfootBicycle793

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Honesty asking because I was thinking about getting back into the game after I heard it's made some worth while upgrades but after the release that was just an -Yoink- dump the game quickly feel out of favor for me.

I heard about a 100+ gig download which is absurd so I just came here for some clarity on the games situation.

Most importantly, are there any Matchmaking modes without all the spartan abilities and is it even possible to play Warzone while being a year beyond on Reqs?
Yep! And I dont think there's any matchmaking that doesn't have Spartan abilities but there's always customs
Yep! And I dont think there's any matchmaking that doesn't have Spartan abilities but there's always customs
I guess my OP was a bit misleading, I should probably ask "How alive is the MP.?" Can you find games in every mode, I typically play objective modes because slayer is filled with too many goonies.
I guess my OP was a bit misleading, I should probably ask "How alive is the MP.?" Can you find games in every mode, I typically play objective modes because slayer is filled with too many goonies.
I can. I'm high Onyx/Champ tier so finding ranked games can be difficult at certain hours but it's definitely possible to get a game in all playlists.
I can. I'm high Onyx/Champ tier so finding ranked games can be difficult at certain hours but it's definitely possible to get a game in all playlists.
No one likes a show-off. :P
Shots fired. Viper Skills just died from that roast.
Vaudeur wrote:
The joke here is that Viper can kick my -Yoink- 6 ways to Sunday, lol.
Vaudeur wrote:
That made me laugh so hard. Help, need an amberlance.
I'm sure plenty of people play. I stopped for awhile but now im back on, and man did I miss it
Vaudeur wrote:
Not sure if you guys knew this, but I'm champion tier. I'm kind of a big deal.

Yup. Won't even brag about my Halo Wars 2 stats here. Just cuz I'm a stand up guy.
Vaudeur wrote:

Yup. Won't even brag about my Halo Wars 2 stats here. Just cuz I'm a stand up guy.
Umm, alright, I guess this is the Monitors thread now. Thanks for the feedback.
Umm, alright, I guess this is the Monitors thread now. Thanks for the feedback.
So outside of those guys ruining your topic. GG monitor back patting.

I starter this game a year after release. It's gone through a lot since then. Seasons for ranked are not just monthly-sometime 2 or 3, they've updated a bunch of playlist things. Gameplay wise they've made a move on radar and it's impacts on gameplay. Sniper and plasma caster just got an edit. Read the latest update notes and the monitor's bounty update notes.

Social and ranked playlists will get edited and changed from time to time.

The is a social playlist is nice but can be a luck of the draw in terms of the skill of the opposing team. Ranked is plagued with "smurfs" or secondary accounts, bit still good populations. Big Team Battle is there now if it wasn't in the beginning along with some other fun playlists.

Warzone has a fire fight mode. Friendly squad of 8 vs AI in a 5 round progression. Three levels heroic, legendary, and mythic (mythic weekend only)

Goonies still exist, even in those ONYX/champ tier forum posts- er I mean playlists. Shots fired. In b4 cool monitors hijack your thread.
The game has gotten better with time although the matchmaking at times can be a bit "hit or miss", but I think that's pretty typical for a game that's been out as long as Halo 5 has.
Ka Five wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:

I like how this suddenly became like a Monitor inside joke thread here.....

*No skill*

*Slowly backs away*

To be constructive, I have to say FFA is definately the hardest game mode to find a match in, sometimes it's a minute, sometimes it's 5. Same goes for Warzone Assault.
Ive never had a problem finding a game.
Vaudeur wrote:

who are you again?
I can find matches in all playlist fairly quickly, although I stick to Firefight and customs (custom game browser is a beautiful thing ;-;) this game is far from dead and or dying.
for the most part i can find a game when ever i log on , well except form ranked ffa. and the sosial playlists are normally instant
Can I report both of you Mods for "non constructive comments"?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3