[Locked] Do people still play Halo 5?

OP AfootBicycle793

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Vaudeur wrote:
Yep! And I dont think there's any matchmaking that doesn't have Spartan abilities but there's always customs
I guess my OP was a bit misleading, I should probably ask "How alive is the MP.?" Can you find games in every mode, I typically play objective modes because slayer is filled with too many goonies.
I can. I'm high Onyx/Champ tier so finding ranked games can be difficult at certain hours but it's definitely possible to get a game in all playlists.
No one likes a show-off. :P
Shots fired. Viper Skills just died from that roast.
The joke here is that Viper can kick my -Yoink- 6 ways to Sunday, lol.
Well at least you own someone named Ka Five. I've seen clips of this all over the inter-webs.
Bionicled wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:
Yep! And I dont think there's any matchmaking that doesn't have Spartan abilities but there's always customs
I guess my OP was a bit misleading, I should probably ask "How alive is the MP.?" Can you find games in every mode, I typically play objective modes because slayer is filled with too many goonies.
I can. I'm high Onyx/Champ tier so finding ranked games can be difficult at certain hours but it's definitely possible to get a game in all playlists.
Shots fired. Viper Skills just died from that roast.
The joke here is that Viper can kick my -Yoink- 6 ways to Sunday, lol.
Well at least you own someone named Ka Five. I've seen clips of this all over the inter-webs.
Awesome gamer tag.
still plenty playing on all lists i play expanded from australia and usually don't wait longer than 1-2 minutes for a game
JC00795 AU wrote:
still plenty playing on all lists i play expanded from australia and usually don't wait longer than 1-2 minutes for a game
what you forgot to mention there though is that expanded is horribly laggy.
Yeah I tend to find matches in every playlist fairly quickly, apart from Warzone Assault which can take a while, I'm around platinum rank in ranked
Loads of people do!
not enough in australia, can not find a single balanced game at all anymore, and all expanded games take as long as it would on balanced before and its always on servers on the other side of the world as the lag goes to the maximum

i'm definitely sure that they have shut down australian servers, cause its 100% never an australian server
and what makes it better is when leaving a social playlist like super fiesta that has JIP for rubber banding more than walking, i get banned for playing arena cause i dont want to play on their terrible servers
Well, my experience over the past few months has been that those goonies you are talking about are all migrating to social playlists. I play a lot of skirmish and it looks like that is their new home
There are definitely still people playing. Some playlists during weekdays take a minute or two, but its not too bad.
Well, my experience over the past few months has been that those goonies you are talking about are all migrating to social playlists. I play a lot of skirmish and it looks like that is their new home
This.

And you can still find games but some playlists take some time. Like FFA or Warzone Assault for instance. At least from EU and if you are not willing to search on expanded.
I still play but I'm mostly on other Halo games getting achievements.
gio206 wrote:
Can I report both of you Mods for "non constructive comments"?
I mean you can. It won't magically make those posts non-constructive, but you can.
I didn't get to play the beta, but I have been playing Halo 5 since the launch and only playing H5. I've never had problems finding matches until last season in which I couldn't get a Slayer match to play, so I went into Breakout and did much better there than in Slayer. We all know there are lots of players out there just starting with the game. I always check the SR ranks of players after a WZFF match and always find low ranking team mates which indicates that more players are joining the pool. There will be Halo for a long time.
Upgraded my internet, got a (another) xb1 elite controller, bout to rage in a few hours!
Honesty asking because I was thinking about getting back into the game after I heard it's made some worth while upgrades but after the release that was just an -Yoink- dump the game quickly feel out of favor for me.

I heard about a 100+ gig download which is absurd so I just came here for some clarity on the games situation.

Most importantly, are there any Matchmaking modes without all the spartan abilities and is it even possible to play Warzone while being a year beyond on Reqs?
Its about a 100GB yes.

The game has a ton of modes now. You have a ranked and social playlist. Most of the gamemodes from previous Halo games like Infection and Griffball. You also have Warzone which has a lot more maps on it. In fact the number of maps has went up significantly and a lot of these maps look much nicer than those which shipped with the game. We also have a cool new Firefight mode where you can fight against the AI. You also have a custom games browser allowing you to join custom games, including some awesome stuff people have made on Forge.

The main problem is that, at least if you're in the UK like me, it can be quite difficult to get games on certain game-modes. You can pretty easily get a match on normal Warzone, Firefight, Infection and the ranked playlists. But big team battle and warzone assault is a bit of a nightmare. I would still say you can get a game though, especially if you are mostly looking for smaller game types.
JC00795 AU wrote:
what you forgot to mention there though is that expanded is horribly laggy.
I have actually been having a fairly good time on expanded.
I play halo 5 still. (kinda)
Ka Five wrote:
gio206 wrote:
I mean you can. It won't magically make those posts non-constructive, but you can.
So if you get reported to yourself, does that mean that you can ban yourself too?

I like where this is going...
Hotrod192 wrote:
Ka Five wrote:
gio206 wrote:
So if you get reported to yourself, does that mean that you can ban yourself too?

I like where this is going...
We need to go deeper.
I sometimes play custom games under customs browser which some of you may have seen me before but not as much anymore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3