Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Do the developers even read and...

OP TheJedio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Respond to these forums? I've seen them respond on other forums but never seen them post here at all anywhere. This whole entire place seems like a waste space and effort. The fact that there is no jump to dev post, or a dev post button anywhere here just confirms my suspicion.
Josh has replied to me personally, so yeah, they do.
They're also very busy working on a game set to launch in a couple of weeks.
Hi - what's up?
Yes, they respond to us through community updates which can be seen here. In fact, they just started a contest for us to participate in, and you can read about the details here.
Hi - what's up?
Lol, OP... this better be good!

Josh, why no 2v2? :(
Hi - what's up?
Lol.
@OP There you go!
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh;

Can you clarify the Launch playlists and the social weekends?
From where I am sitting, it's baffling that there's no social during the week, and disappointing there isn't a dedicated objective playlist. if you have any sort of comment on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

If nothing else, thanks for reading; always good to know a Dev is actually paying attention.
Erik L wrote:
Hi - what's up?

We're starting with a focused set of core playlists and we'll modify from there. We're going to have a weekend rotational list and if something proves popular there it can graduate to its own playlist. I'm not sure what the exact timing is for a Team Doubles playlist but it's planned for.
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh;

From where I am sitting, it's baffling that there's no social during the week, and disappointing there isn't a dedicated objective playlist. if you have any sort of comment on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

If nothing else, thanks for reading; always good to know a Dev is actually paying attention.
Playlist from what I understand after re reading.
Team arena-its own thing
Slayer-its own thing
Breakout- its own thing
Warzone- its own thing
Swat- its own thing
Free for all- own thing
Weekend social (should be Permanent)

Where's ctf?

Not a bad start. Hopefullly they'll add more like team snipers, koth, infection, and grifball
Hi - what's up?
Well I'll be damned
Hi - what's up?
hahahahahaha ask and you shall receive lol the OP was fully ready to go off on 343 about not being part of this community and surprise mutha yoink! your timing couldn't have been better lol
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh;

We're running the Weekend Social rotational on the weekends because that's when population peaks. The Team Arena list features the same modes/maps that will be in HCS play - this is a mixture of slayer and objective modes. We'll be watching participation and community sentiment based on launch playlists and can make changes.
Erik L wrote:
Hi - what's up?

We're starting with a focused set of core playlists and we'll modify from there. We're going to have a weekend rotational list and if something proves popular there it can graduate to its own playlist. I'm not sure what the exact timing is for a Team Doubles playlist but it's planned for.
Hi Josh,

Can you please explain why breakout is included in the team arena playlist? I mean it already has it own playlist? Plus it plays as far away from an standard arena game types as possible, as you can be killed in one hit from most weapons and have one life? This is not normal and does not seem to fit the arena bill.

Thanks
Hi - what's up?
hahahahahaha ask and you shall receive lol the OP was fully ready to go off on 343 about not being part of this community and surprise mutha yoink! your timing couldn't have been better lol
Nah, I was just going to abandon the forums because it would feel like a waste if they didn't respond. He did come at a perfect time. Kind of scary how perfect
*eat_popcorn.gif*
Hi - what's up?
I hope oni gave you a good escape plan because now that you've been spotted be prepared to get hammered by questions.
Hey Josh, are there any plans down the line to add in Ricochet?

Also the reason they don't respond is likely to not be battered by questions.
TheJedio wrote:
Hi - what's up?
I hope oni gave you a good escape plan because now that you've been spotted be prepared to get hammered by questions.
It's simple like a Spartan he can just casually go MIA lol.
Erik L wrote:
Hi - what's up?

Another question Josh, why Team Arena instead of Team Objective? Seems like a Team Objective mode with Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Strongholds and Oddball would offer a lot more variety to the community. Breakout also doesn't fit the Team Arena playlist, it's way too different from the others. It's like adding SWAT in Team Slayer.
This is by far the most interesting OP. Ask and you shall receive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14