Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Do the developers even read and...

OP TheJedio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh, do you think we will be seeing you or some other 343i guys on the forums more often. I understand that you guys really do listen to our feedback, based on all the changes made since the Beta last December, but I think it would also be nice to have some sessions on the forums or other social media of just going back and forth with the fans, talking about changes, new decisions, and so on.

Something I liked that Techland did was have a little developer video when you launched up Dying Light, talking about some of the stuff they've added into the game, as well as new things to come. I thought it was a nice little way to address the community that doesn't necessarily go onto the games' forums or social media. Something to think about?
Hi - what's up?
OP, you were saying?
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh,

I have a few questions that I was hoping you could answer and a feedback statement.

Q1. Regarding the Weekend Social playlist addition, will there be more than just one playlist made available under this social banner every weekend?

Q2: Regarding the Weekend Social playlist addition(s), will it feature JiP? I hope it will since it's suppose to be social-based.

Q3: Why is there no dedicated Capture the Flag playlist under the "Arena" (not the playlist Team Arena) given that CTF has always shown to be a very well supported and desired playlist?

Q4: Can we expect to see the return of Ricochet, (Team) Regicide, Extraction, and Dominion in some form within Halo 5? Basically, is 343i interested in bringing these game-types to Halo 5?

Q5: How long do you anticipate it being before we see an additional mode or two added to Warzone beyond the basic variant and the Base Assault variant?

Feedback Statement: Given that Halo 5 at release and within the first several weeks will likely have it's greatest population count please do not restrict the amount of available playlists to just a few as it can lead to quick gameplay fatigue and disinterest. I implore you to quickly expand the offering so that people will have enough options to maintain a fresh enjoyment of the game. I personally was hoping to see something akin to what I laid out in this thread here.
Something tells me Joshy boy doesn't have time to watch this thread for a full FOUR HOURS, but just in case, I've been wondering two things, one important, one important to me.

1: All those fancy vehicle and weapon variants like the ONI Warthog and Longshot AR, can we use them in Custom Games and Forge?

2: Will the CQB and EOD armor return? I must know, it's eating me alive.
Hi - what's up?
Well, I guess that answers your question OP.
Hi - what's up?
First of all, Nice!

Second of all. Aside from Josh's impeccably timely post, Grim drops a message every now and again as well.
Josh don't you dare hurt chief
I was going to be a snob and say
"This is the community forums, not a Q&A section"
but then Josh Happened and now I will need to rethink my life. He didn't even 1v1 me.
Hi - what's up?
Wondering if you can confirm if Campaign theater is in Halo 5 or not :P
Hi - what's up?
Awesome. Just awesome. LOL
They do bro!
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh;

Can you clarify the Launch playlists and the social weekends?
From where I am sitting, it's baffling that there's no social during the week, and disappointing there isn't a dedicated objective playlist. if you have any sort of comment on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

If nothing else, thanks for reading; always good to know a Dev is actually paying attention.
We're running the Weekend Social rotational on the weekends because that's when population peaks. The Team Arena list features the same modes/maps that will be in HCS play - this is a mixture of slayer and objective modes. We'll be watching participation and community sentiment based on launch playlists and can make changes.
Josh holmes the man who fixed halo
Hi - what's up?
Apparently they do
Erik L wrote:
Hi - what's up?
Lol, OP... this better be good!

Josh, why no 2v2? :(
We're starting with a focused set of core playlists and we'll modify from there. We're going to have a weekend rotational list and if something proves popular there it can graduate to its own playlist. I'm not sure what the exact timing is for a Team Doubles playlist but it's planned for.
Invasion? Invasion?..hmmm? Or at least Dominion?
Hey Josh, if you're still around... You said that we're able to vote for weekly rotational playlists... So do we get to vote for the first weekly playlist prior to launch or whatever? :-)
Rhydon65 wrote:
Yes, they respond to us through community updates which can be seen here. In fact, they just started a contest for us to participate in, and you can read about the details here.
Listen to this guy. He knows what the developers do.
Hi - what's up?
Hey Josh;

Can you clarify the Launch playlists and the social weekends?
From where I am sitting, it's baffling that there's no social during the week, and disappointing there isn't a dedicated objective playlist. if you have any sort of comment on the matter, I'd appreciate it.

If nothing else, thanks for reading; always good to know a Dev is actually paying attention.
We're running the Weekend Social rotational on the weekends because that's when population peaks. The Team Arena list features the same modes/maps that will be in HCS play - this is a mixture of slayer and objective modes. We'll be watching participation and community sentiment based on launch playlists and can make changes.
So Breakout is officially in HCS? I think the same thing was attempted with Ricochet but it didn't work out so this is probably a similar test. I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that the playlist is ruined now but if it's that bad then it will be fixed in a few weeks (meaning, Breakout will be removed and possibly replaced with something else), don't you think? No need to act like it's going to kill matchmaking.
Wondering if this would have gotten a reply if it were in the MCC section........
They have to. Back on Bungie forums years ago I remember countless threads of people asking, verbatim, for what Warzone would eventually become.
Hi - what's up?
Cool! That's new?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 14