Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Do the developers even read and...

OP TheJedio

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14
JOSH WHERES THE PRO GAMEPLAY AT?
How do you know that was a typo? ;)
lol.

I wouldn't say I envy you guys at 343 but I'd say from what I've seen of you you seem cool and like we could all throw down online together. Lol, but seriously thanks for posting on here I know you guys are busy but it means a lot when I read your posts on Team Beyond and here. It's just cool, idk why but it is. FYI, I know tons of people's bodies are so ready for the 27th, just sayin.
So Josh,
Why is Breakout in the Obj/Arena Playlist?
As it is so different from core Halo, it being bundled in feels forced and it does already have it's own standalone playlist.
Hey Josh can we ask questions not related to playlists?
Hi - what's up?
Hello, Josh. I would like to ask you just a few small questions, if that's okay! If not, feel free to ignore this post.

1.) You said in an interview Mark IV and Mark V helmets are in Halo 5. So to be sure, you said Mark 4 and 5?

2.) Is the rest of the armor set for Mark V in the game like it was in Halo 4?

3.) Are these two armors in Halo 5 day one? If not, it's okay. As long as I have my beloved Mark V! (Thank you.)

If you read this, I appreciate it. So thank you.

P.S.: Don't laugh at Luke Skywalker for getting owned by an AT-AT. We all have our off days! :(
1. Will Ricochet come back down the line even say as a weekend social mode?
It's possible, though you are likely to see game types like Grifball and Oddball before Ricochet makes an appearance.
Hopefully Oddball will have the kill feed disabled when any player holds the ball, like in previous Halo games. I can only hope.
I knew this would happen, he answered 4 questions that already had answers prior to today. Then we have people like the guy above my post asking another question that has answers about mk4 and mk5.

We still don't know why Team Slayer, Swat, and FFA have only 6 maps instead of all the arena maps that are in the game for these gametypes which is like 9 or 10?

Is it because they know we would get bored with a few maps and eventually go back to Warzone? #illuminati
I knew this would happen, he answered 4 questions that already had answers prior to today. Then we have people like the guy above my post asking another question that has answers about mk4 and mk5.

We still don't know why Team Slayer, Swat, and FFA have only 6 maps instead of all the arena maps that are in the game for these gametypes which is like 9 or 10?

Is it because they know we would get bored with a few maps and eventually go back to Warzone? #illuminati
I asked about Mark 4 and 5 because many think still that Mark 4 was a typo and he meant Mark 6, as the roman numerals do get mixed up since they're IV and VI. And I just wanted to know for sure about the full armor sets, he specifically only said the word helmets. Just needed to be on the safe side. I was also simply curious if the two armor were ready for day one or not, you can not blame me.
Hey Josh, can you confirm other core gametypes such as Assault, One-Flag/Neutral CTF, King of the Hill, Territories, Infection, Race and even Extraction are making a return at launch or in the near-future? A lot of these are core gametypes that have launched with nearly every FPS Halo game in the past and without these, the many custom gaming and forging communities (competitive and minigame/casual customs alike) may not thrive, despite having a near-limitless forge. Thanks.
How do you know that was a typo? ;)
Hey Josh could you please shed some light on whether their will be a "social" playlist? Will they all be ranked? It would be nice to be able to play the "core" version of the game (team slayer) without the worry of my rank being affected. I haven't seen an answer to this anywhere :) Anyway I've been lurking on waypoint for a loooong time and its very good that a dev hops in to speak with the community. It builds a wonderful relationship and overall helps :D Thanks soo much if you can answer this!!!
Hey guys - pooping back in to address some questions that have accumulated over the day. I've extracted a bunch out of the thread to make it easier to read rather than quoting a dozen different posts:
Sounds good :). 13 days... just 13 more days. I am feeling like a kid knowing Christmas morning is coming.
Hey guys - pooping back in to address some questions that have accumulated over the day. I've extracted a bunch out of the thread to make it easier to read rather than quoting a dozen different posts:

3. The reason I ask of the vehicles is because if so, it's weird that the UNSC doesn't have an aerial vehicle counterpart to either the Phaeton or Banshee.
There won't be a UNSC counterpart to the Phaeton or Banshee at launch.

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS????????????

10. All those fancy vehicle and weapon variants like the ONI Warthog and Longshot AR, can we use them in Custom Games and Forge?These are not currently usable in Custom Games or Forge, but we may rotate them into matchmaking for Arena as part of the core weapon set for maps in that experience.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? WE COULD MADE CE CUSTOM GAMES WITH THE CE MAGNUM, BUT WE CAN'T USE IT IN FORGE? NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Erik L wrote:
Hi - what's up?
Lol, OP... this better be good!

Josh, why no 2v2? :(
We're starting with a focused set of core playlists and we'll modify from there. We're going to have a weekend rotational list and if something proves popular there it can graduate to its own playlist. I'm not sure what the exact timing is for a Team Doubles playlist but it's planned for.
Can you please explain why breakout is included in the team arena playlist? I mean it already has it own playlist? Plus it plays as far away from an standard arena game types as possible, as you can be killed in one hit from most weapons and have one life? This is not normal and does not seem to fit the arena bill.
Team Arena is mirroring the content that will be played in the HCS. Breakout will be included to start and we'll evaluate based on feedback from pros and viewers. If it doesn't stick, we'll update Team Arena to pull it out.
Okay thanks Josh for your answer, hopefully we will also see the return of some classic gametypes for Halo 5 which never even made it into Halo 4 like assault. I know oddball will be included sometime post launch so I am hoping the likes of king of the hill etc will also return, unless you guys perhaps see strongholds as a replacement?

Also would you be able to confirm we now know all of the maps for launch? So all breakout and the forged maps count at least for the initial 21 maps?

P.S much love to all you guys from overseas here in the UK. Keep up the good work and lets make this the best Halo to date.
Hey Josh, can you confirm other core gametypes such as Assault, One-Flag/Neutral CTF, King of the Hill, Territories, Infection, Race and even Extraction are making a return at launch or in the near-future? A lot of these are core gametypes that have launched with nearly every FPS Halo game in the past and without these, the many custom gaming and forging communities (competitive and minigame/casual customs alike) may not thrive, despite having a near-limitless forge. Thanks.
I really would like to see the answer to this as well. Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball (Assuming it comes back soon after launch as he said) isn't enough.
So Josh,
Why is Breakout in the Obj/Arena Playlist?
As it is so different from core Halo, it being bundled in feels forced and it does already have it's own standalone playlist.
Answered on page two.
Out of curiosity, how many campaign missions are there going to be (not counting purely cutscene or non-action levels)? What's the ratio of Chief levels to Locke levels?
Out of curiosity, how many campaign missions are there going to be (not counting purely cutscene or non-action levels)? What's the ratio of Chief levels to Locke levels?
15. We got this info from the infographic released a week or two ago. According to their tests its 8-12 Hours long on Normal.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
15. We got this info from the infographic released a week or two ago. According to their tests its 8-12 Hours long on Normal.
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not asking how long it takes to beat the campaign, I'm asking how many levels there are.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:
That doesn't answer my question. I'm not asking how long it takes to beat the campaign, I'm asking how many levels there are.
Yes and there are 15 levels,that is the answer we don't know the split between Osiris and Blue team but we know that there are 15 levels.
ChieftaiNZ wrote:

3. The reason I ask of the vehicles is because if so, it's weird that the UNSC doesn't have an aerial vehicle counterpart to either the Phaeton or Banshee.
There won't be a UNSC counterpart to the Phaeton or Banshee at launch.

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS????????????

10. All those fancy vehicle and weapon variants like the ONI Warthog and Longshot AR, can we use them in Custom Games and Forge?These are not currently usable in Custom Games or Forge, but we may rotate them into matchmaking for Arena as part of the core weapon set for maps in that experience.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? WE COULD MADE CE CUSTOM GAMES WITH THE CE MAGNUM, BUT WE CAN'T USE IT IN FORGE? NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If I'm not mistaken the CE magnum like the Prophet's Bane are legendary or Mythic weapons, so there is a good chance these and the SPNKR are forge-able. The way I see it if it has a unique model it will probably be available if it has a fancy paint job probably not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14