Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Do you ever want to reach SR 152?

OP Spartan J029

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 48
Obviously it takes a lot of time to reach SR 152. I've heard rumors that it takes a total of 50,000,000 XP to get there which is 2.5 times as much as Halo: Reach's Inheritor rank (20,000,000 XP). That is quite a grind if it actually is true. I played enough Halo: Reach that I could have become an Inheritor twice so I don't think I will have any problems reaching 152. The question is, are you determined to reach the incredible feat of SR 152?

EDIT: Since this thread continues to somehow get responses, I suppose I should say that I actually ended up quitting Halo 5 entirely back in January of 2017 thanks to the fact that 343 basically ruined the Warzone experience for me by limiting fireteams and not allowing me to play with all my friends. I realize they brought it back to normal, but I have no plans on returning to Halo 5 because what 343 did was pretty much a slap in the face to those of us who continued to play Halo 5 and Warzone when most people gave up on the game long beforehand. So, that being said, I will be playing Halo Wars 2 and other games instead until Halo 6 arrives.
Want to? Yes. Am I going to? No. Just the fact that the XP gap between 151 and 152 is bigger than all accumulated XP at rank 148... To be rank 148 you need 14,000,000. The gap between 151 and 152 is 15,000,000. Is that Halo: Reach I smell?
Meh, not my end goal. I'm more in it to have fun, despite my frustration at times I really like this game.
I like having a high SR, but I'm more interested in new REQs than achieving the highest rank in the game.
Since I'm 146 now, I hope so but it's a big grind at the upper levels.
I just hope it's true at what a joke reaching max rank in H4 was.
I like having a high SR, but I'm more interested in new REQs than achieving the highest rank in the game.
Considering there are most likely exclusive REQs fro SR 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, and 152, you might drive yourself insane as a completionist.
Want to? Yes. Am I going to? No. Just the fact that the XP gap between 151 and 152 is bigger than all accumulated XP at rank 148... To be rank 148 you need 14,000,000. The gap between 151 and 152 is 15,000,000. Is that Halo: Reach I smell?
Jesus tap-dancing Christ!
Not aiming for it, but would be nice to achieve it before Halo 6. It's like Reach, i'm currently Noble and still play that every now and then to keep working towards the end rank. One day i will get there, one day lol.
I could not care less about the numbers next to my name. I just want to play video games.
whoa man slow down there. I'm not gonna say get a life but geez man that's insane. I'm 105 and been playing daily since day one but I got a job and friends and other things to do. Give it a try.
whoa man slow down there. I'm not gonna say get a life but geez man that's insane. I'm 105 and been playing daily since day one but I got a job and friends and other things to do. Give it a try.
I have a lot of friends that are 140 and higher and they have jobs. They just happen to play LOTS of Warzone and win their matches quickly which has allowed them to get there that quickly. This guy is probably in the same boat. If you are a 150 by now, then yeah, I'd say slow down a bit lol.
Considering there are most likely exclusive REQs fro SR 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, and 152, you might drive yourself insane as a completionist.
Jesus tap-dancing Christ!
You only get Emblems for SR 145-152. They are as follows (in order): Kindred, Cognate, Slumber, Awake, Sentient, Warden, Guardian, and Mantle.
Nope. Once I get Copperhead, I'll be content with what I've accomplished in Halo 5.
No way in hell I'll ever make it. Gone are the days of being able to pour that much time into vidya games, being an adult sucks.
Highly doubtful, but who know in a year or two.
I could not care less about the numbers next to my name. I just want to play video games.
Nothing wrong with that. I personally play games like Halo to the max so getting the highest SR rank is really important to me.
LethalQ wrote:
I promise you it is a much longer journey than H4. I am an SR 125 and I've been playing since day 1. I maxed my rank in Halo 4 within two months. Halo 5 is significantly longer.
This game is too boring to play that much, warzone is boring after a few games, I have no idea how these kids play literally all day long to reach the high 140's. Even playing with a good team and winning every game easily, it just gets boring after a while.
LethalQ wrote:
I promise you it is a much longer journey than H4. I am an SR 125 and I've been playing since day 1. I maxed my rank in Halo 4 within two months. Halo 5 is significantly longer.
I saw the gaps in exp needed for Halo 5 ranks, I recall the rank gaps being similar to Halo Reach.
Thats my goal. Reached inheritor in reach. Im familiar with the grind
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 48