Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Do you feel like Armor holds no value anymore?

OP Redstone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. ...
  6. 24
I just get angry when I get armor. Most of them have identical copies only difference is a couple of stripes. So you have almost 400 pieces of garbage to waste almost 200 packs on. I don't want any of it, I just want something useful in Warzone. Same with emblems.
I'm the complete opposite lol.
TBH in everygame the only piece that ever mattered was the helmet, with the sole exception of the katana in halo 3 (and flaming helmet, iirc that was actually a body part)
I never cared very much for looking flashy. I live for that role play experience. Every Halo game where it was possible, my Spartan is an ODST with an ODST set. It really bothered me that Halo 4 didn't have it until the last DLC. So the Fact that we had Nightfall and Helljumper variants in Halo 5 makes me happy. I look the way I want to look, and that's enough for me.
Keep in mind that if someone has an entire set of armor then they either earned it through playing, like any reach armor, or they probably earned their own money. Not that I support spending money on such trivial stuff.

But there is still an advantage to this system. Everything is just about on the same level so people wear what they like rather than what they think impresses people.
It had value only once in all of halo's history and people cling to that exception as though it should have been the standard. vid master Recon was a 1 time thing and should stay as such.
It was cool to earn, and a testament to skill. It is dissapointing to see how this has evolved, even Helio has been watered down.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. ...
  6. 24