Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Do you still find warzone fun?

OP NACHO826halo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't anymore, facing full teams farming or quick coring, ridiculous JIP and among other issues that should've been fixed long ago, it's become hard for me to find fun while playing Warzone.
I want to give PvP WZ another chance. Been months since I've played it. The teams were just so painfully lopsided most the time that I couldn't enjoy my time playing.

I usually do a WZ FF daily win (and it's fairly fun, just can't spam it), and then if I want to play more that day it's BTB (most often) or team arena (on random mood occasions).

So short answer: No, I usually don't find WZ fun ):
Warzone firefight feels more fun, but being alongside 7 others players feels strange. Fighting over kills can be annoying but at least we don't have to worry about infinite Fuel Rod spam with jetpacks.
I still like it.
I do find it fun, I only play it to relax after arena though
J Teeps wrote:
I want to give PvP WZ another chance. Been months since I've played it. The teams were just so painfully lopsided most the time that I couldn't enjoy my time playing.

I usually do a WZ FF daily win (and it's fairly fun, just can't spam it), and then if I want to play more that day it's BTB (most often) or team arena (on random mood occasions).

So short answer: No, I usually don't find WZ fun ):
I think I should give WZ FF a go. I don't play too often, but when I do, it's really fun.
Nope and I never really did. I found it more frustrating than anything. It reminded me of games like COD,BF, Destiny and so on, where the higher level players have access to better stuff. So it's a mode of the more you play, the better stuff your likely to have. Honestly, when I played Warzone it didn't even feel like Halo, it should be its own separate game. The only Warzone I play now is firefight.

The idea is interesting all give 343I that and it was worth trying, but to me I saw a huge missed opportunity in Halo 5 to make firefight beyond amazing. Couch co-op or modes where it you and friends vs the AI are hugely popular and are making a come back (even though in my opinion they always were still popular it's just that game developers decided they weren't) One only has to look at games like Gears of War with hoard mode and Call of Duty's zombie mode to name a few ....and of course the original firefight on ODST.

Firefight should of been a focus in Halo 5, not Warzone. People have been asking for the ODST style firefight since ODST. Reaches firefight wasnt bad, but ODST's was still by far the most popular I feel. You could have easily had an ODST style firefight, a reach style firefight and "warzone" style firefight, aka one that uses REQs in Halo 5 and I guarantee you those playlists would have been hugely popular.
Nope and I never really did. I found it more frustrating than anything. It reminded me of games like COD,BF, Destiny and so on, where the higher level players have access to better stuff. So it's a mode of the more you play, the better stuff your likely to have. Honestly, when I played Warzone it didn't even feel like Halo, it should be its own separate game. The only Warzone I play now is firefight.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't stand Warzone for its "rich get richer" aspect, which is built into the req system. Even without things the OP mentioned like full teams or JIP, I dislike Warzone because of its core mechanics.

I played Warzone a few times in the beginning, and I mostly hated it. I remember being frustrating with only having an assault rifle and Magnum, when everybody else had battle rifles. So no, I don't still find Warzone fun, if I ever did, and I haven't for a very long time. It's hardly a replacement for the BTB Heavies that I know and love.

I also agree with your points about Warzone Firefight, which is all I play in Halo 5 anymore. It would have been nice if 343 gave it more attention. At the very least they should have separate weapon and vehicle balancing for PvE, or just make the req stations refill all weapon ammo, because Warzone Firefight generally suffers from the way reqs are balanced for PvP Warzone. I don't think that would be a problem if 343 had prioritized it from the beginning, instead of cobbling it together later as an offshoot of the pre-existing Warzone.
I don't.
I prefer smaller maps and up close and personal combat.
I will probably quit playing Warzone altogether once I get the achievement for winning on 3 original maps.
It's a lot more difficult for me to enjoy Warzone since the update that lowered the energy reward for kills and boss kills. The games last about an average of 20-25 minutes, and are quite stagnant at times.
I find it fun when it is not just one sided the whole game and you have no chance, and your enemy are the living definition of sweaty in full fireteam running around just getting kills. If you get an equal game where no one is exceeding other by a lot, I would find it fun.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't stand Warzone for its "rich get richer" aspect, which is built into the req system. Even without things the OP mentioned like full teams or JIP, I dislike Warzone because of its core mechanics.

I played Warzone a few times in the beginning, and I mostly hated it. I remember being frustrating with only having an assault rifle and Magnum, when everybody else had battle rifles. So no, I don't still find Warzone fun, if I ever did, and I haven't for a very long time. It's hardly a replacement for the BTB Heavies that I know and love.

I also agree with your points about Warzone Firefight, which is all I play in Halo 5 anymore. It would have been nice if 343 gave it more attention. At the very least they should have separate weapon and vehicle balancing for PvE, or just make the req stations refill all weapon ammo, because Warzone Firefight generally suffers from the way reqs are balanced for PvP Warzone. I don't think that would be a problem if 343 had prioritized it from the beginning, instead of cobbling it together later as an offshoot of the pre-existing Warzone.
Well said. I completely agree with Dead End and Nate.

BTB has gotten a lot more accessible the last few times I've played it. It's not a one sided stomping anymore. I'm wondering if WZ will have seen similar changes over time.

I might try it in the next couple days. I'll leave feedback here if I remember.
Every once in a blue moon, regular Warzone can be an absolute blast if you know how to play it. But since more skilled players are coming into the fray and curbstomping the other team, it's gotten sour.

I have returned to my old BTB ways and I have been a huge relief to teams that were struggling.
Like others have already said I didn't ever really enjoy WZ at all mainly because of the whole Req system that it introduced. I really hope we don't return to that in Halo 6. Halo doesn't need to be like other games it needs to be unique, and this is not that.

On a side note: you are making all these threads OP, and then not continuing to contribute to the conversations that you are starting. Why is that?

I agree with both of you. I always found Warzone to be a real mess. Not really a gametype at all, just a mechanism to facilitate their microtransaction system.

I've been a Halo fan since way back, so even though I had misgivings about it I gave Warzone a real try. I was hoping I was wrong and that I would end up liking it. I didn't! In fact I really ended up despising it.
It's more of a love-hate relationship with WZ. When the game first came out, WZ was my favorite game mode. The difference between now and then was that there wasn't a REQ disparity between players. Since it was new, everyone had a similar REQ library and it wasn't bloated with all of the current weapons and their variants. Now it pains me to see teammates AND enemies carrying BRs/ARs while we're all sporting DMRs or Snipers mid to late game.

I get why 343 implemented the REQ drip, but it's not really solving the issue of players being outclassed. I can't imagine WZ being very fun for a newer player, when you're being outgunned by veterans. Why would they want to play a mode where they're constantly being stomped on, and you're forced to grind for RP in order to be competitive.

There are times where I get a good batch of WZ games in and it reminds me again why I enjoy it. However that's because they're Turbo-like. Both sides are calling in weapons and vehicles, constantly fighting for base control, and it's fast paced. It's not like the current games where they can get very stagnant. Almost as if players were just sitting around WAITING for their REQ level to go up. So yea, there are times where I like it, but others where it can be a drag. Let's hope WZ in H6 will have resolved many of these issues.
I enjoy WZ when I'm winning and crushing the other team. Not so much when I'm losing and getting crushed.
JIP is broken and teams tend to be one sided, but WZ is still my favorite playlist.
I can tolerate FF for a couple hours at most, but then I need to take a break from it.
I can't imagine WZ being very fun for a newer player, when you're being outgunned by veterans. Why would they want to play a mode where they're constantly being stomped on, and you're forced to grind for RP in order to be competitive.
Exactly this. It's incredibly unfriendly to new players, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a lot to do with Halo 5's loss of population at launch.
Let's hope WZ in H6 will have resolved many of these issues.
Frankly I think the issues with Warzone aren't solvable and it would be best for 343 to scrap it entirely along with the req system in Halo 6. No amount of tweaking or adding req drips can fix the problems with how Warzone works at a fundamental level.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3