Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Do you still find warzone fun?

OP NACHO826halo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Frankly I think the issues with Warzone aren't solvable and it would be best for 343 to scrap it entirely along with the req system in Halo 6. No amount of tweaking or adding req drips can fix the problems with how Warzone works at a fundamental level.
I agree WZ isn't perfect by any means but it's likely to make a comeback in H6, as well as the REQ system. Especially if it's shown to be profitable.
I agree WZ isn't perfect by any means but it's likely to make a comeback in H6, as well as the REQ system. Especially if it's shown to be profitable.
Unfortunately, you're right :/
WZ has become the ex-girlfriend that I visit when I want some *ahem* company.
When i was a little noob I loved it but now its just annoying so I never play it. I play WZF just for reqs but it's not that fun. Also I'm still a noob.
I still find WZ fun for the most part, but it has a lot more potential if 343 directed their attention towards the main problems. It also isn't very fun when you either get destroyed 3 seconds after calling in something or get kicked out 20 minutes in.
No I think it should be turned into a PvE only mode - firefight wtih REQs - where the weapons are actually useful and you don't just spam vehicles to win.

Warzone itself I find very boring for a number of reasons. Dumb bullet sponge AI, overpowered REQ spam, the utter futility of vsing a decent team, Points based race rather than core race. I think the core should open up when you get to 1000, you still have to push it. To make the REQs interesting, some of htem have absurdly low TTK and ease of use, which doesn't make Halo gameplay fun or fair. Find BTB much more exciting.
I think Warzone is great, but I only started playing Halo 5 a few weeks ago.

I haven't come across any apparent lopsided teams yet... always seems balanced. The annoying thing for me so far is getting stuck on a team that does not seem to want to push objectives.
Hot take: Warzone was never fun.
I miss Firefight :'
Thorulfr wrote:
Warzone itself I find very boring for a number of reasons. Dumb bullet sponge AI, overpowered REQ spam, the utter futility of vsing a decent team, Points based race rather than core race. I think the core should open up when you get to 1000, you still have to push it. To make the REQs interesting, some of them have absurdly low TTK and ease of use, which doesn't make Halo gameplay fun or fair. Find BTB much more exciting.
I'm in the same boat as you. On the AI, I've noticed that all of the games that push a higher number of concurrent players tend to have incredibly dull AI, most likely only capable of actions every few seconds to cut down on the amount of potential latency across all players. I'd take 2-3 player Firefight over the 8 player mess that is Warzone Firefight.

I will be wholeheartedly disappointed if 343 waste development time on Warzone for Halo 6.
Yes I do...
if u mean warzone fire fight
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I can tolerate FF for a couple hours at most, but then I need to take a break from it.
Tell me about it...even on Double XP weekends, a WZFF marathon really drains you from the inside-out.
Disclaimer: I know this will not happen due to corporate greed (not just MS, pretty much all AAA games in 2017+), but below is my dream scenario for Halo 6

A complete, polished campaign, arena (social (including native BTB & ranked)), FF (not WZ FF), and whatever new mode is introduced. A legit theater, forge, custom games options... Basically a polished version of everything we have come to know and love in Halo (not going to list everything).

Nuke the REQ system, only well thought out meaningful armor / helmets, including many that can be earned with different activities or achievements. Advanced customization like Reach.

All users get all of the DLC maps for free.

So, there would have to be a healthy source of income for 343 to have a business case to continue to support Halo 6. This is where it gets tricky. I would like a combo of cool things to buy for Spartan ($1-5 dollars each) like back in the day for in game and avatar gear, and a Reach like credit system that people could 'buy points' to ultimately unlock the cool armor pieces / effects faster (but also grindable). Basically like REQ, but change to credits and have it spendable like Reach. Also, make everything that can be bought with credits straight up buyable with cash (so not RNG like REQ). Want the cool lightening effect? Grind that 1,000,000 credits (or whatever) 'OR' drop $4.99 right now and its yours.

Of course, all earn-able gear (like recon - vidmasters - achievement based) can NOT be bought with real money or credits (until unlocked by performance requirements).

I honestly think this would make more money and also keep fans happier.
This is good thread if anyone is interested in the changes for MM that Dr. Mencke is currently changing in WZ.
Match Making Changes
J Teeps wrote:
Disclaimer: I know this will not happen due to corporate greed (not just MS, pretty much all AAA games in 2017+), but below is my dream scenario for Halo 6A complete, polished campaign, arena (social (including native BTB & ranked)), FF (not WZ FF), and whatever new mode is introduced. A legit theater, forge, custom games options... Basically a polished version of everything we have come to know and love in Halo (not going to list everything).

Nuke the REQ system, only well thought out meaningful armor / helmets, including many that can be earned with different activities or achievements. Advanced customization like Reach.

All users get all of the DLC maps for free.

So, there would have to be a healthy source of income for 343 to have a business case to continue to support Halo 6. This is where it gets tricky. I would like a combo of cool things to buy for Spartan ($1-5 dollars each) like back in the day for in game and avatar gear, and a Reach like credit system that people could 'buy points' to ultimately unlock the cool armor pieces / effects faster (but also grindable). Basically like REQ, but change to credits and have it spendable like Reach. Also, make everything that can be bought with credits straight up buyable with cash (so not RNG like REQ). Want the cool lightening effect? Grind that 1,000,000 credits (or whatever) 'OR' drop $4.99 right now and its yours.

Of course, all earn-able gear (like recon - vidmasters - achievement based) can NOT be bought with real money or credits (until unlocked by performance requirements).

I honestly think this would make more money and also keep fans happier.
I like this idea and I think setting up Halo 6 like this would work nicely 👍 And it would take away 343's incentive to churn out sloppy, poorly-designed armor to fill up the req pool, because if they were purchasable with real money, nobody would buy ugly stuff like Seeker.
I like firefight better...
I stopped playing WZ a while back when it started getting sweaty. I just wanted to chill and play something where I didn't give half a darn if I won or lost.
Spoiler:
Show
I still find it fun.
Not so much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3