Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] do you think halo can become the top fps again?

OP ThexXx0MARxXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20
It may not be the literal top, but xbox and halo will always be peanut butter and jelly.
the fact is that all these other FPS have bigger sales and presumably bigger population because they are multiplatform. get microsoft to put halo on PS4 and im sure halo will be the top again. thats a VERY VERY BIG chance it wont happen but thats just one common sense problem they are having
Yeah, if they add somethings like they had back in Reach and other Halo's games
oh yea and the fact the waiting for gamemodes and other good stuff just doesnt go over well with impatient people
coll9502 wrote:
oh yea and the fact the waiting for gamemodes and other good stuff just doesnt go over well with impatient people
Yup. It's a very impatient world we live in.
coll9502 wrote:
the fact is that all these other FPS have bigger sales and presumably bigger population because they are multiplatform. get microsoft to put halo on PS4 and im sure halo will be the top again. thats a VERY VERY BIG chance it wont happen but thats just one common sense problem they are having
The issue with that for Microsoft would be losing money. Halo is an exclusive used to sell xboxes. Make it non exclusive then people won't buy xboxes to play the game, they'll buy their preferred console and the game for it. Halos always been microsofts flagship game cuz it sells consoles. You even see people that only buy an Xbox just for halo but play many other games on another console like PlayStation.
coll9502 wrote:
The issue with that for Microsoft would be losing money. Halo is an exclusive used to sell xboxes. Make it non exclusive then people won't buy xboxes to play the game, they'll buy their preferred console and the game for it. Halos always been microsofts flagship game cuz it sells consoles. You even see people that only buy an Xbox just for halo but play many other games on another console like PlayStation.
thats why i said it a very big chance it wont happen lol
yes if we come together as a community and get the changes we want/need
Not the way the story is going. People have already gave 343 chances and I don't think they will give them another one.
Not the way the story is going. People have already gave 343 chances and I don't think they will give them another one.
halo is already a great fps
Not as long as 343 is in charge.
yes if we come together as a community and get the changes we want/need
May be hard to do lol. You have people that are anti sprint, pro sprint, pro "gimmicks", anti gimmicks, new halo, old halo, ect ect. We're all pro halo in the end but as to what halo should be is the problem.
I would say yes, and this is how.

1. Bring in all the classic gametypes.

2. Bring back split-screen.

3. No requisition system, or at least make it like halo reach.

With these three things in newer halo games, then I'm sure that Halo will become the top FPS.
AngryBuda wrote:
Absolutely. 343i got close with Halo 5. The core of the game is fantastic (in game mechanics, functionality of your Spartan). However, they fell short with the campaign and lack of game modes for multiplayer at launch.

If 343i can create an experience similar to that of Halo 4's campaign, and a multiplayer like 5 but with all the necessary game modes at launch for 6, Halo will be the top FPS once again.
This exactly
this forum just makes me sad i want halo to be great again.
AngryBuda wrote:
Absolutely. 343i got close with Halo 5. The core of the game is fantastic (in game mechanics, functionality of your Spartan). However, they fell short with the campaign and lack of game modes for multiplayer at launch.

If 343i can create an experience similar to that of Halo 4's campaign, and a multiplayer like 5 but with all the necessary game modes at launch for 6, Halo will be the top FPS once again.
This exactly
i hope so
FL Crysis wrote:
haloboi wrote:
Unfortunately not. To be honest Halo was never topping COD on the charts even in its prime. In 2007 the first Modern Warfare COMPLETELY set the standard for MLG. Everything you know about competitive FPS on consoles, was born from that title. BUT Halo 3 had a close runner up with custom gametypes, maps, theater and forge. Then there was a massive gap in Halo titles while COD continued to copy/paste into MW2 and MW3. Then Reach comes out as Halo's "Goodbye" and adds sprint and other gamebreaking abilities like armor lock, jetpack and evade. Reach(while an amazing game) weakened Halo as a serious shooter but Halo 4 aimed to fix that and failed miserably with the addition of "seasons". Halo 5 is basically the nail in the coffin compared to CSGO and Black Ops 3, which are dominating esports right now. Halo 6 is pretty much the last chance to get things right before the franchise loses its fanbase. And it pains me so much to say it, considering how close Halo 3 came to dethroning COD on consoles. Now Halo 5 cant even stay in the top 10 list on its own console..........
What? H:CE and H2 created what MLG is now today. Those games set the standard, CoD took it over due to the terrible games that came after Halo 3.
This^ and as long as 343 continues in the direction they are, RIP Halo.
That's a difficult question to answer, but I suppose it would depend entirely on how you're evaluating it. In terms of shooters in general, then the answer is no. Look at how well Counter Strike: GO is doing right now and the level of competitive play/viewership that franchise gets on a regular basis

Well, what about consoles then? Also tough to say. When it comes to strictly sales, then once again the answer is "no". Call of Duty and other multi plat games like Destiny and Battlefront will always win simply because they are available on multiple systems and are arguably more accessible.

It may seem like I'm dogging Halo, but I'm definitely not. When you consider Halo as a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE, it is immensely successful in just about every category. Halo is one of the most profitable franchises in gaming (currently and historically) and Halo as a franchise has achieved its great success having only been on a Microsoft console, which in itself is unreal considering how the gaming market is often dominated by multi platform releases.

As others have mentioned, gaming culture has shifted drastically from 10 years ago and there are far more diverse experiences that cater to different kinds of gamers. This is not a result of Halo losing steam or popularity, simply a result of gaming as a hobby growing at a rapid pace. In other words,Just because Halo isn't like it was back in the "good ol'" Halo 3 days doesn't mean it isn't immensely popular and in many peoples' eyes, the current king of console shooters. It may seem a little subjective, but I personally consider Halo to be the undisputed king of console competitive shooters, even in today's insanely saturated shooter market. No question.

Of course part of that is nostalgia, as younger generations of gamers who didn't grow up with Halo are less likely to love it (another reason why it's important for 343 to capture a new audience, but that's another topic for another time). When I say Halo is king of shooters, I'm not referencing total sales, most views on Twitch, or popularity of its e-sports scenes. No, when I say it's the king of shooters, I'm referencing consoles and competitive shooters. In my mind, it is unquestionably the king in this category, and it will remain this way until the franchise dissipates into obscurity. However, that is a long way out and we have a lot more Halo to look forward to!
Halo 5 plays better than any other shooter on the market currently. And there isn't a close second anywhere.

IMO this product offered by 343 is already miles ahead of Destiny or BO3, it's just a much better game. But the masses obviously disagree.

I just hope 343 stays the course with halo 6 and have a similar to halo 5 multiplayer. But release a complete game. Learn from their mistake on this game.

This is new standard of releasing games when they're half complete is such bad practice. IMO both battlefront and halo 5 had a shot at drastically improving their canvass with the concepts they had but lack of content killed any momentum they had on launch. Warzone is a great game mode to attract new players, but new players shouldn't be -Yoinking!- about getting the same 3 maps over and over less than a week after launch.

Imo the next shooter that releases as a complete game on launch will dominate the market. Everyone is sick of this next gen console recurring theme.
Nope thats not true.

All the other shooters out there play better and have stuff for everyone. Maybe try out other games before making such stupid comment.

Halo 5 is just the worst so far. And if Microsoft really keeps this guys, Halo will have a very dark future.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. ...
  8. 20