Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] do you think halo can become the top fps again?

OP ThexXx0MARxXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. ...
  7. 20
Halo 5 plays better than any other shooter on the market currently. And there isn't a close second anywhere.

IMO this product offered by 343 is already miles ahead of Destiny or BO3, it's just a much better game. But the masses obviously disagree.

I just hope 343 stays the course with halo 6 and have a similar to halo 5 multiplayer. But release a complete game. Learn from their mistake on this game.

This is new standard of releasing games when they're half complete is such bad practice. IMO both battlefront and halo 5 had a shot at drastically improving their canvass with the concepts they had but lack of content killed any momentum they had on launch. Warzone is a great game mode to attract new players, but new players shouldn't be -Yoinking!- about getting the same 3 maps over and over less than a week after launch.

Imo the next shooter that releases as a complete game on launch will dominate the market. Everyone is sick of this next gen console recurring theme.
Nope thats not true.

All the other shooters out there play better and have stuff for everyone. Maybe try out other games before making such stupid comment.

Halo 5 is just the worst so far. And if Microsoft really keeps this guys, Halo will have a very dark future.
Learn what an opinion is lol. I have to agree that it plays the best of all games on the fps market.
Can anyone tell me where do you find this list for the most played Xbox games
Not until 343 wakes up. Their priority is creating water down experiences because they are under the false belief that it will lead to a popular game in both sales and longevity. If they focus on making a solid Halo successor Halo 3 that is fun to watch along with being fun to play and competitively sound then yes. The problem was never Halo. The problem was Halo games being watered down to become something else, along with largely trash maps that makes it hard to force feed yourself that awful Halo game (Halo 4 for example). Vanilla Reach was just plain bad and it set a trend that lead to where we are. Halo in and of itself was not the issue, but rather bad designs and additions first introduced by Bungie that 343's ego, arrogance, and/or incompetence won't allow them to let go of.

Also they need to win back a lot of people's confidence and trust. All but 1 person on my friends list actually got Halo 5 while the rest didn't even bother simply because of lost trust. I don't think many of them gave Halo 5 a fair shot just because of trust issues with 343.
Halo 5 plays better than any other shooter on the market currently. And there isn't a close second anywhere.

IMO this product offered by 343 is already miles ahead of Destiny or BO3, it's just a much better game. But the masses obviously disagree.

I just hope 343 stays the course with halo 6 and have a similar to halo 5 multiplayer. But release a complete game. Learn from their mistake on this game.

This is new standard of releasing games when they're half complete is such bad practice. IMO both battlefront and halo 5 had a shot at drastically improving their canvass with the concepts they had but lack of content killed any momentum they had on launch. Warzone is a great game mode to attract new players, but new players shouldn't be -Yoinking!- about getting the same 3 maps over and over less than a week after launch.

Imo the next shooter that releases as a complete game on launch will dominate the market. Everyone is sick of this next gen console recurring theme.
Nope thats not true.

All the other shooters out there play better and have stuff for everyone. Maybe try out other games before making such stupid comment.

Halo 5 is just the worst so far. And if Microsoft really keeps this guys, Halo will have a very dark future.
An argument can be made that halo 5's gameplay is the best out of all current shooters. Some may disagree some may agree but it is without question in contention. Content problems are irrelevant to gameplay, my comment has nothing to do with how much there is to do for every type of gamer.

Now for you to say that it is "the worst shooter so far". Well that's not a stupid comment like mine apparently was but one made out of pure ignorance. Even the most jaded halo fan would disagree with that statement. The worst shooter ever. Good grief.

My opinion,read opinion, remains the same. Battlefront plays horribly, Destiny is a pure repetitive grind and BO3 is nearly the same game we've played for the last decade. RB6 and CS are fine, just not my cup of tea but good games.

I would rather play splatoon taking turns with my kid than any of those games that are "better " than halo 5.
DadButRad wrote:
No, they chose to cater completely to the competitive crowd. The masses are drawn to the more casual games. Most people want fun and while I like this game and its competitiveness it's not very fun.....if that makes any sense.
Makes sense to me. I want to be able to have fun consistently and that's just not happening now. I am being matched against people that are way out of my league and wiping me out. I don't mind competition but it should be more balanced.
Halo is the best FPS of all time because of xbox live. Goldeneye though that was some fun sh8@t

Except it's not, which is why the masses disagree. While halo might have better mechanics, it is not a good game, as it doesn't offer the community what it needs to thrive. This is where Treyarch has bested 343 on player retention for the past 2 titles. Regardless of ones opinion on the style of gameplay, Treyarch has offered the typical convoluted CoD campaign with big scripted moments, a quite robust Multiplayer with staple playlists and much deeper customization, and a fun Horde mode with Zombies. On top of this they have added a Campaign scoring system, another layer to the player investment systems, theater and splitscreen.

Halo 5 is lacking Multiplayer playlists, maps, gametypes, a Horde mode, an immersive campaign, splitscreen, and a scoring system for campaign replay value. Since 343 have taken over, the halo community have been getting less options/ features that made the franchise popular, while seeing rival franchises adopt those features and implement them better than 343.

Don't get me wrong, not trying to argue, or saying that BO3 is a "better" game, just highlighting for others some reasons why the masses are flocking to BO3. I think you are fully correct that the more complete title will dominate the market.
Can it be top dog? No, but can it still be popular for what it is? Yes.
I agree. It was revolutionary before, but now it's competing with COD and Destiny. Halo will always be my personal favorite/top fps.
I honestly believe this has absolutely nothing to do with 343 or their game and is just simply the media loving something else.

Somethings just die and get less popular doesn't matter of they're good or not.
If the (2016)CoD takes place in between the end of WWII and the Modern Warfare era then it going to ruin every other shooter's sales and population for years. After Halo 5's campaign sullied the Halo universe to the point of being as bad and idiotic as Killzone's and Crysis's story, then making H5's mulitplayer as anti-casual as possible it's certain that Halo has become a niche franchise.
Maybe, if so H6 will need that omg feeling when people buy the game and play it. People need to be so enthusiastic about their experience that they convince their friends to come back. The campaign needs to be awe inspiring and the multiplayer needs to be full and trend setting. The customization must be great with no req system for spartan customization, split screen needs to return and so much more, the game will need to be a "larger than life game".
Tall task if you ask me
No one in my school have Xbox and tell me it sucks and I should buy PS4, so was in my old school too. Every body play COD and say Halo suck but when they play it it's good game in school it sucks again.
Pay more attention to your teachers than the kids in your school. I can barely even comprehend your "English".
That's not really necessary. Do you know him personally? Do you even know if English his first language? It makes complete sense and I am sure you understand what he wants to say.

He has a point though - even though I think Halo 5 is the best MP game at this point and nothing really comes close as a viable competitor - it failed to capture mass appeal at launch. I think they need to keep delivering a solid MP gamebase and popularity can only get better, but in order to get it to the top spot they will have to make more sacrifices to keep the larger casual crowd happy.
Halo does not need to be top FPS. Halo had its time on the top. Microsoft just needs to focus on the fun factor and the game is fun. More is still to come this year and Microsoft with 343 have plans to entertain. Besides the market for FPS is getting dull for the time being. I'm personally excited for the FPS that had the most downloads globally, DOOM. I remember the PC wars with that game.
Halo5 game play is great, apart from the charge issue. However 343 is lacking in the feels department of Halo. I miss the days of detailed, well laid out profiles that you would see the history of someone halo experience. Can't see that coming back.
I think the better question to this is should 343 and Microsoft make halo a multplatform game and open up to a hole new audience
And try to go back to its roots If Microsoft and Sony work together halos popularity might explode hell give those pc guys a chance to finish the fight and let the Sony fans start the fight my opinion but halo on a single platform is not to great in MY OPINION
Since when can you join a game in progress. Been playing a lot since release and that has never happened, not when i go in and not while my teams playing down a man, which is -Yoink- cause it should happen early in the game, but definitely not late into it when that teams been crushed anyway. The fact that you care that much about you win/lose is bothersome. Which is why I'm happy that for people like you that would quite a game just to save your percentage that they due ban you from games for like 10 minutes. Cause your an a**.

Totally agree on the lack of playlists though. The only major thing they really need to fix IMO. There is other smaller stuff though.
War zone has jip, far as I know it's the only playlist with it.
Thank you for the clarification. Admittedly i have only played the Attack/Defend style warzone (and only like 5 games of it). Not the regular style so maybe that's why i haven't noticed that. Just been too busy loving arena, though i have been meaning to try it
AngryBuda wrote:
Absolutely. 343i got close with Halo 5. The core of the game is fantastic (in game mechanics, functionality of your Spartan). However, they fell short with the campaign and lack of game modes for multiplayer at launch.

If 343i can create an experience similar to that of Halo 4's campaign, and a multiplayer like 5 but with all the necessary game modes at launch for 6, Halo will be the top FPS once again.
This exactly
O look people on forums that think completely like i do. Although i do like the campaign, just thought the advertising for it was a little missleading and it could have been longer.

Nope thats not true.

Learn what an opinion is lol. I have to agree that it plays the best of all games on the fps market.
I think so too. And i have played most of the other major shooters, and aside from the realism of Counter Strike, Halo beats the -Yoink- of any now computer title. Not in terms of the simple minded peoples addiction to CoD (which i can never understand) which plays like -Yoink-. I have always found that Halo just plays so much more balanced and takes some degree of skill and dedication to remain top of the match. That is of course an opinion just as ShadowAngel pointed out though.
MrSpidey wrote:
No one in my school have Xbox and tell me it sucks and I should buy PS4, so was in my old school too. Every body play COD and say Halo suck but when they play it it's good game in school it sucks again.
Pay more attention to your teachers than the kids in your school. I can barely even comprehend your "English".
That's not really necessary. Do you know him personally? Do you even know if English his first language? It makes complete sense and I am sure you understand what he wants to say.

He has a point though - even though I think Halo 5 is the best MP game at this point and nothing really comes close as a viable competitor - it failed to capture mass appeal at launch. I think they need to keep delivering a solid MP gamebase and popularity can only get better, but in order to get it to the top spot they will have to make more sacrifices to keep the larger casual crowd happy.
That's because young people are extremely impressionable and only care about what others do. They are enchanted and easily amused by CoD much more easy to dominate completely run and gun gamestyle and their advertisement machine that painted the game as the glory of the world and i saw on TV every 3 mins, which i got sick of (to both things). Just don't listen to them and play what you like of course. Be it Halo, CoD, or battlefeild
coll9502 wrote:
the fact is that all these other FPS have bigger sales and presumably bigger population because they are multiplatform. get microsoft to put halo on PS4 and im sure halo will be the top again. thats a VERY VERY BIG chance it wont happen but thats just one common sense problem they are having
The issue with that for Microsoft would be losing money. Halo is an exclusive used to sell xboxes. Make it non exclusive then people won't buy xboxes to play the game, they'll buy their preferred console and the game for it. Halos always been microsofts flagship game cuz it sells consoles. You even see people that only buy an Xbox just for halo but play many other games on another console like PlayStation.
fix that add exclusive content as bad as it is add some special armour and maybe special re skinned maps and that may help
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. ...
  7. 20