Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] do you think halo can become the top fps again?

OP ThexXx0MARxXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. ...
  6. 20
Forget about the #1 spot lets just try to stay in the top 10 lol
I think it's always been a top FPS IMO, but it wont ever outsell COD anytime soon. It just caters to a different fanbase.
And if so, how?
It is. It may not be the most played, but it is the most competitive.
haloboi wrote:
Unfortunately not. To be honest Halo was never topping COD on the charts even in its prime. In 2007 the first Modern Warfare COMPLETELY set the standard for MLG. Everything you know about competitive FPS on consoles, was born from that title. BUT Halo 3 had a close runner up with custom gametypes, maps, theater and forge. Then there was a massive gap in Halo titles while COD continued to copy/paste into MW2 and MW3. Then Reach comes out as Halo's "Goodbye" and adds sprint and other gamebreaking abilities like armor lock, jetpack and evade. Reach(while an amazing game) weakened Halo as a serious shooter but Halo 4 aimed to fix that and failed miserably with the addition of "seasons". Halo 5 is basically the nail in the coffin compared to CSGO and Black Ops 3, which are dominating esports right now. Halo 6 is pretty much the last chance to get things right before the franchise loses its fanbase. And it pains me so much to say it, considering how close Halo 3 came to dethroning COD on consoles. Now Halo 5 cant even stay in the top 10 list on its own console..........
Did you even play the first three Halos? Console FPSes weren't taken seriously until Halo, and Halo 2 was MLG's flagship game. It was only recently that MLG actually started broadcasting/focusing on CoD, coincidentally around the same time Halo 4 wasn't picked up on the pro circuit. Hell, they play competitive Minecraft. That should say something about a Halo-less MLG. CoD did not birth MLG at all.
I doubt the sales will ever be that high again. Main thing is, Halo dominated the original Xbox, and whenever MW2 released and broke every record ever, it was kind of a sign that CoD won that gen. But seeing as the only truly successful CoD in a while was Black Ops 3, it seems like the crown is slipping.
But it doesn't feel like Halo's really going anywhere, I can talk to random people and mention Halo and they don't have to stop me to ask what I'm talking about, as opposed to Guitar Hero (Yes there is a generation that doesn't know about that craze). I will say Halo 5 is one of my favorite shooters this gen, and one of my favorite Halo titles, so at least the quality is coming back up. Eventually the CoD bubble will pop. Who knows what will be the next top FPS?
I think so. If you name the top FPS it's only two games that comes to mind, which is C.O.D. and HALO. To me that says a lot especially since HALO IS ONLY FOR ONE PLATFORM. If they work on the multiplayer server and customization of characters you can do well add more to the story line. They already introduced new Spartans. You can go more than one direction with that
I'd good question
343 and bungie should make another halo

Call it
Halo: Reasons

Cause Locke and buck said master chief was the reason they became Spartans.
Please don't bring back old threads.

Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. ...
  6. 20