Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Does 343 even care about halo 5 anymore???????

OP JediEh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i cant get a match in h5 why does no one play it anymore this is my favourite game right now and it seems like the game is just broken like why is refuge even in the slayer playlist all it is pure power weapons and if one team get behind by 4 kills off the start its pretty much over because the other team is setup completely and just sniping you off spawn while they got two shotguns in the middle with sword its so unbalanced it drives me crazy why hasnt anyone fixed this refuge just does not play well in h5 imo especially for slayer the way it is setup now also on white cell the scatter shot has way much ammo and when they run out of ammo no one on the opposing team knows the time of its respawn because it spawns up after u drop it i dunno i hate to complain but why hasnt 343 fixed there game and why is halo 3 on the pro circuit and h5 is not isnt halo 3 like 10 years old now not that i care i love all halo games but it seems like halo is just dying and it seems like 343 is doing nothing to revive it at the present except for halo 6 which comes out in over a year i dont know whats really going on maybe i should read more about it but halo 5 is definately a broken game and it needs to be fixed because i would love it if went back to basics instead of all the updates they did like weapon tuning and adding in maps that imo and other opinions are not good at all like how many times have you heard someone say i hate this map i hear it everyday and it just seems like 343 gave up on halo 5 can you please fix halo 5? i really cant think of a world without halo 5 having a population because its the newest FPS and it should be the top game even though it is 4 years old anyway i want to end to end this by saying i think 343 is doing a great job overall but theres still alot of work that needs to be done to bring back the community to halo 5 thank you very much for reading.

JediEh
There really isn't much to be done at this point. As yourself stated, Halo 5 is going through its 4th year and very few online games can boast of having a large population pool after such a period. What's left now are the hardcore fans and the occasional newcomer trying the game via Game Pass (I can't even imagine what that learning curve is like).

The bulk of 343's efforts are now focused on Infinite and updating the MCC, so I doubt we'll get a significant Halo 5 update that would lead to a surge in the population pool. At best, you can expect a short spike later next year as Infinite's release draws near and folks come back for one last round of H5/grind for SR 152.
Yes, they still care. Hence why Halo 5 still gets minor fixes and playlist updates.
At this point, most of 343's attention is probably fixated on developing Halo Infinite and bringing Halo Reach and the entirety of Halo Master Chief Collection to PC.
I can still get matches. Try searching on the expanded setting if you're not already.
I don’t have issues getting games. I play pretty much every night. I have been able to rank quickly in all but 3 playlists (elim, ffa, dubs), but I haven’t played them yet. We have the gametype change outs and biweekly updates about tweaks. Tomorrow we get a full Action Sack refresh.
I wouldnt say its dead
I am not quite sure I am having the same issue as you. I still am able to find plenty matchmade games in Warzone, Social and Ranked. Maybe Ranked playlist takes the longest to find games maybe 5 minutes max. Maybe it has to do with your network settings?
JediEh wrote:
i really cant think of a world without halo 5 having a population because its the newest FPS and it should be the top game even though it is 4 years old
So how is it the newest FPS game if it's 4 years old?
I think they definitely care about it but it can't be the highest on their list of priorities. Halo Infinite needs to be great to give the series a boost and they're trying to make sure MCC has a solid launch on PC as well as bringing reach to console which has it's own complications.
Doesn't matter if they care or not , Guardians in the death spiral that all fps games inevitably enter after about 3 years .
Doom2016 , titanfall2 , battlefield 1 and whatever cod released that year have all gone the same way .
JediEh wrote:
JediEh wrote:
i cant get a match in h5 why does no one play it anymore this is my favourite game right now and it seems like the game is just broken like why is refuge even in the slayer playlist all it is pure power weapons and if one team get behind by 4 kills off the start its pretty much over because the other team is setup completely and just sniping you off spawn while they got two shotguns in the middle with sword its so unbalanced it drives me crazy why hasnt anyone fixed this refuge just does not play well in h5 imo especially for slayer the way it is setup now also on white cell the scatter shot has way much ammo and when they run out of ammo no one on the opposing team knows the time of its respawn because it spawns up after u drop it i dunno i hate to complain but why hasnt 343 fixed there game and why is halo 3 on the pro circuit and h5 is not isnt halo 3 like 10 years old now not that i care i love all halo games but it seems like halo is just dying and it seems like 343 is doing nothing to revive it at the present except for halo 6 which comes out in over a year i dont know whats really going on maybe i should read more about it but halo 5 is definately a broken game and it needs to be fixed because i would love it if went back to basics instead of all the updates they did like weapon tuning and adding in maps that imo and other opinions are not good at all like how many times have you heard someone say i hate this map i hear it everyday and it just seems like 343 gave up on halo 5 can you please fix halo 5? i really cant think of a world without halo 5 having a population because its the newest FPS and it should be the top game even though it is 4 years old anyway i want to end to end this by saying i think 343 is doing a great job overall but theres still alot of work that needs to be done to bring back the community to halo 5 thank you very much for reading.

JediEh
  • For all of those who couldn't read this, I made edits to make it easier.
I can't find a match in Halo 5 why does no one play this game anymore, this is my favorite game right now. It seems like the game is broken, like why is refuge even in the slayer playlist all it is pure power weapons.(Slayer is about controlling power weapons to win - BALLER) If one team falls behind by 4 kills off the start it is pretty much game over. Why? Because the other team is setup completely and sniping you off spawn while they have two shotguns in the middle with sword it is so unbalanced it drives me crazy. Why hasn't anyone fixed this Refuge just does not play well in Halo 5 imo especially for slayer.

The way Refuge is setup now also on White Cell the scattershot has way too much ammo. When the player runs out of ammo no one on the opposing team knows the time of its respawn because it spawns up after you drop it. I don't know I hate to complain but, why hasn't 343 fixed their game? Why is halo 3 on the pro circuit and Halo 5 isn't. Is not Halo 3 like 10 years old now, not that I care I love all halo games but, it seems like Halo is just dying. It seems like 343 is doing nothing to revive Halo at the present except for Halo Infinite which comes out in over a year. I don't know what is really going on, maybe I should read more about it. Halo 5 is definitely a broken game and it needs to be fixed.

I would love it if it went back to the basics instead of all the updates they did like weapon tuning and adding in maps. That imo and other opinions are not good at all. How many times have you heard someone say "I hate this map" I hear it everyday. It just seems like 343 gave up on Halo 5, can you please fix it? I really can't think of a world without Halo 5 having a population because, it is the newest FPS and it should be the top game even though it is 4 years old. Anyways I want to end this by saying I think 343 is doing a great job overall but, there is still a lot of work that needs to be done to bring the community back to Halo 5. Thank you very much for reading.

-JediEh (Edited by xBALLER 4 LYFEx)
The issue is, it is broken, it’s been broken, but now they’re trying to manage ALL of the MCC, porting it over to PC and Infinite.

I dunno if it’s project size or employment numbers but Halo 5 unfortunately falls to the side with all this in the air

343 Has made phenomenal moves with some of the games, BLUR working on the cinematics for 2, Hunt The Truth, even a good portion of features in Halo 4.

We can absolutely see they’re trying, I think our biggest issue is 343 THINKS they understand what we want and the fan base as a whole, when they’re just barely cracking the surface. The best option to give us what we want is to hold some sort of public Q&A, and then a poll based on those options, not hire some other business scrub who only understands money

You HAVE to understand a property and it’s consumers to market things to them, which is evident they’re TRYING to now, but previously assumed they already did, and very much didn’t understand us.

Personally I’d kill to work there in some idea department with how ground into the lore I am, and my experience in marketing, sadly I don’t think that’ll be the case, and much like that, with how old Halo 5 is and with how poor it’s reception has been (despite my love for its multiplayer and warzone ((yes even though I whine about trolls, I LOVE the premise behind Warzone, Spartan Ops, Firefight, and modes like those)) ), we unfortunately won’t be seeing too many QoL changes to Halo 5.

Our best bet is to utilize any complaints we have with Halo 5, make them known to 343 RESPECTFULLY, and request changes to those things for Infinite.
I can find games only on expanded. No matter if i try during day or night. Only expanded. And as an european player it's really frustrating.
I feel they have good motives however the discord seems to not be proactive.

So far everyone I know that mentioned about glitches and bugs they get kicked or banned.

I feel that there is a misunderstanding but I can't really see it right now
I feel they have good motives however the discord seems to not be proactive.

So far everyone I know that mentioned about glitches and bugs they get kicked or banned.
They wouldn't ban you for that if you're talking about the official Halo discord. You're likely not getting the whole story.
Nope... With Infinite in the works no more. 343 wants you to play MCC that's taking the players away from H5.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Nope... With Infinite in the works no more. 343 wants you to play MCC that's taking the players away from H5.
I'm wondering if that very effective, judging by twitch and mixer viewership (since that's the only guide we can go off for player numbers or interest) H 5 is still consistently outperforming MCC and by a serious margin.
BadDogg55 wrote:
I'm wondering if that very effective, judging by twitch and mixer viewership (since that's the only guide we can go off for player numbers or interest) H 5 is still consistently outperforming MCC and by a serious margin.
Actually it's probably better to go by Xbox most played in the Xbox store. Twitch and mixer only goes by who is broadcasting and watching not really a accurate measure. H5 is always above MCC in most played. While I am playing MCC and I don't see myself coming back to H5 it's easy to see 343 still cares about both games. H5 is still getting attention in rotating playlist and even games, that husky raid playlist was awesome. I don't get why some seem to think they don't care when they clearly give both games attention.
I was being sarcastic... lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2