Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Does anyone actually care about Halo 5 E-sports?

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
I always see these promos on the home page or the in-game Message of the Day for some new E-sports happenstance that pretend like more than 5% of the community is actually paying attention to it.

Either they're seriously misjudging their audience, or they're trying too hard to push E-sports on the community because Microsoft says it's profitable.
No not at all really. Ill read the pages or read stuff about it on here now and again but they could get rid of it and i wouldn't care. I think they seem to think they wanted to try to get into the e-sport craze and think it would help the game. But im not one of those people.
I don't care about esports.
I only care if it gets me free REQ packs. Aside from that, I just kind of ignore e-Sports.
Yeah I love video games.... and if I ever have the time to watch someone play it, chances are I'd rather be playing myself.
Just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean others don't. HCS has a huge following right now.
Big events, yes... Montages and competitive community creations, yes...
Nope but more power to people who do.
During the HCS world finals Halo5 had about 100,000 viewers and was in the top 3 on Twitch.

Pros regularly get 1-3k viewers when they stream their practice scrims.

If you play in Onyx you can't go more than one or two games without seeing someone who bought the pro weapon skin pack for $10.

Yes some people care.
I'll be generous and say that 10% of the community watch or care about halo E-sports. No one i know watches it. I have yet to talk to someone online who watches it. I have only met people who buy the packs of teams because they like how cool their weapon skins look.

Tbh I think E-sports in general is just another dumb way to waste your time and money.
Just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean others don't. HCS has a huge following right now.
ive never seen the game in the top 15 on twitch
also esl halo on youtube has less than 2000 subs
E sports provides halo with additional marketing which brings in new players.
Most of the people I play with follow it or compete. From my personal experience I would say it's popular. Plus watching pros play can help you grow as a player.
Ill probably watch a match a week. It has helped me with map movements and such so I generally just watch it for pointers.
I always see these promos on the home page or the in-game Message of the Day for some new E-sports happenstance that pretend like more than 5% of the community is actually paying attention to it.

Either they're seriously misjudging their audience, or they're trying too hard to push E-sports on the community because Microsoft says it's profitable.
I've never been that into it, but I never went for the MLG/hyper competitive stuff in the first place. I watched a couple matches on youtube when it showed up in my recommendations, but that is about it. I do suspect (keep in mind I said suspect) that it is in part an attempt to bring in the younger 'twitch' audience.

I've never been that into it, but I never went for the MLG/hyper competitive stuff in the first place. I watched a couple matches on youtube when it showed up in my recommendations, but that is about it. I do suspect (keep in mind I said suspect) that it is in part an attempt to bring in the younger 'twitch' audience.
I think its more then a suspicion tbh, but as long as halo dosn't change because of it, I think we should be fine...

Spoiler:
Show
I care about it
E-sports? More like wasting your life playing a video game. Honestly, these so called "pros" should actually do something productive. You are just encouraging people to focus and grind on a video game, which is an incredible waste of time. I only play it on weekends for an hour or two for fun. It is quite weird to see people invest that much time in something that will not benefit you in the long run.
I'll stream it when I'm working late at the office. It isn't something that I'll seek out but it can be helpful to learn trick jumps and strats from.
Hobby? More like wasting your life doing anything. Honestly, these so called "pros" should actually do something productive. You are just encouraging people to focus and repetitively do something, which is an incredible waste of time. I only participate on weekends for an hour or two for fun. It is quite weird to see people invest that much time in something that will not benefit you in the long run.
FTFY
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22