Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Does anyone actually care about Halo 5 E-sports?

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 22
e-sports competitors who win 2,000,000+ USD for playing xbox?

Use dat money to develop ur game, no one cares that the money from req points is used for e-sports which has no effect on the average player whatsoever.
I prefer to play video game instead of watch it.

So I don't care too.
i watch all HCS turnaments and follow some pro streams on twitch. Lxthul FTW^^
Thorulfr wrote:
Hell yeah dude, the Pro League is awesome.
absolut!
Iol "e-sports" not to knock it or anything but I couldn't care less about it.

I really wish Halo wasn't trying so hard to push for this.
E-sports? More like wasting your life playing a video game. Honestly, these so called "pros" should actually do something productive. You are just encouraging people to focus and grind on a video game, which is an incredible waste of time. I only play it on weekends for an hour or two for fun. It is quite weird to see people invest that much time in something that will not benefit you in the long run.
They make quite a bit of money and enough to live off of, so really it doesn't need to be a waste of time. Would the nfl be a waste of time? Many people drop college just to play a sport that potentially gives you life long issues to your body. Know why they do it tho? It's because they have the passion and desire for it, and it too lets you make enough (more than enough for sure unless you botch it up) to live off of. I understand there are people that don't see pro gaming or streaming as a job or something that benefits you if they were to lose that opportunity but there are many game related jobs outside of streaming and professionally playing it. There are game reviews, designers, testers, paid hackers to break new consoles so the creators can make it better, ect ect. Not to mention many actually do have jobs or do school as well, it's a big stereotype to assume all of them do nothing but only play games.
Its not a socially acceptable work ethic. Don't bash me, I'm just stating the truth. NFL is a sport played by athletes and you can't compare the too because football is a real life sport while playing a video game is virtual. You're comparing apples and oranges my friend.
Not comparing apples and oranges, tell me why not everyone can be s pro gamer/successful streamer? Give me a legit anwser as to how it's a waste of time when there are literally people who makes thousands off it and some pumping hundreds of thousands and then there's the few who make a million off it. You say it's not socially acceptable, based on what? There are many jobs game related for them to fall on from what I listed earlier, there's even schools for game designers, testers reviewers, media advertisement, list goes on. I don't want to hear how you think it's a waste of time when it really isn't for those who try for it. That's the "truth" buddy. You either accept it, or you don't. Seems you don't, oh well.
There are many jobs related to gaming which involve making the game. Not "pursuing a professional career playing a virtual game." And yes, it is a waste of time. Ask anyone, common folk. I am the voice of the majority. Either you accept it, or you don't. Seems like you don't, oh well.
Lol "majority". Do you you see me saying any nonsense saying the majority see it my way? Anyways, I've already ended my debate with you, we'll both be broken records if we continue.
I agree. I am right.
First of all, saying "I am right" isn't a very good argument.

Second of all, NASCAR drivers, NBA players (Go Cavs! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.), and actors are entertainers too. Are they wasting their lives because they're not in an ER saving lives? No, it's just more socially acceptable - as you said - to shoot a basketball (Kyrie!). Or drive in a circle. Or pretending to be someone you're not. And, like it or not, many people, millions in fact, enjoy watching the best gamers, well, game. The e-sports crowd may not be for you, which is fine, but to deny they're entertainers is just - and I don't use this word lightly - silly.

Third if all, people only waste their life when they let people, like you, get in the way of their dreams and ambitions. You may not deem an e-sports career as "socially acceptable" or having any benefit to society (yet all other entertainers are just fine somehow.), but regardless of what you think, it's not your, or anyone else's place, to tell someone how best to live their life. Just worry about living your own. Thanks.

Lastly, to say pro gamers are recluses, who live in their mother's basement, totally unprepared for real life, is a terrible stereotype. And it's not supporting by any facts, only your own preconceptions.
Maybe if they did some work to make E-sports canonical in some sense then I'd watch it. Like make it so it was SPARTAN fire-teams squaring off against each other. Dunno if it would work tbh, but it would be more interesting than what we got now.
Sometimes it's fun to watch especially when one team swears at another during the stream, I don't watch it all the time, but when I do I have learnt new areas in maps as well as mainly getting free req packs.
Lol I'm not a big fan of sports games like madden, so when I see two guys wearing athletes clothes posing for a competition for halo 5 right when I turn on my game, I instantly regret buying the game.
Eh I never was fond of watching the
"pros" play rather just play myself and that goes for any game
It's crazy how good some people r so... yeah
I couldn't care less and I find the in-game bulletins about this stuff awkward.
Where is the halo that it used to be.... you mainly forget the main reason why we all play halo....
It is not e-sports the word is called "FUN" ....
Spongebob wrote a song about fun once....
I care about the things that will affect my experience in Halo 5, you know the game most people bought to play and have fun with friends. I could care less about watching other players play Halo 5 and competing for a big check. Most people watched the HCS finals because there was a free armor set included which is the only reason it got a number of views. I feel like 343 is trying way to hard to get people into esports, if people want to watch esports they will enough with the advertising 343 plus the silly skins up for purchase don't get me started.
I watch the pros to try and improve my own game. Plus twitch is free whereas cable is not.
i care about halo esports,the first time i watched it was during mcc in the halo championship series and I was more hooked into halo even with mcc buginess.Since then I have watched most of the tournament streams and pro team stream and have learned a lot from them and its fun to watch too.But as a competitive player, halo is too focused on ranked modes than social ones but both unranked and ranked modes are missing.
I don't care about this -Yoink-, Halo is primarily a fun game, 343 is obviously trying to push down competition in our throats with Halo 5 but I think they realised their mistake and that Halo 6 will be different in that matter...
In the words of Luke - "I care"

Love watching Pro Streams - seeing how they play, move, control the map and spawns etc is a great learning experience and I hope it helps me improve my game. Hopefully 343 keeps doing what it's doing and using the pro scene to keep making the MP portion of Halo better.
Where is the halo that it used to be.... you mainly forget the main reason why we all play halo....
It is not e-sports the word is called "FUN" ....
Spongebob wrote a song about fun once....
So did Plankton. Plankton's version would fit better with the violence in the Haloverse.
Halo as a franchise is obsolete as a whole it has no following anymore. Anyone who liked the halo franchise has moved onto better games with more variety such as destiny. Destinys exports would have already succeeded halo apart from bungies refusal to implement custom games sigh
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 22